Boulder passes sweeping anti gun bill

The Boulder City Council unanimously passed a sweeping gun control ordinance Tuesday night banning “assault weapons” and bump stocks, even as a pro-Second Amendment group threatened to retaliate by suing individual councilmembers.

Boulder Passes Sweeping Anti-Gun Bill
-------------------------------

What you think won't pass don't get on it esp. when you have a state full of pussies who are afraid of guns even if it's a picture of one.
Boulder is probably one of the most ultra-progressive towns in Colorado, hell in the nation for that matter. Boulder only exists because for all intent and purposes because it's the University of Colorado. In Colorado each locality is semi-autonomous meaning if the state decided to have no laws concerning firearms each locality could make up their own and the state can do nothing about it.

Been there, beautiful area....and extremely liberal area. These people make California look like the Vatican City.
Also no fat people. :D
The wife interviewed up there many years ago, took a job in El Paso TX instead.

[In Colorado each locality is semi-autonomous meaning if the state decided to have no laws concerning firearms each locality could make up their own and the state can do nothing about it.

Not true. Colorado has preemption. This law will be struck down at the State level.
My mistake, you are correct, I just looked it up. It's only Denver that can enact local firearm ordinances counter to the state's. When I lived in Colorado we were told each locality was semi-autonomous to include firearm ordinances.
Denver may do nothing about it as it mirrors firearms ordinances in Denver.

The Boulder City Council unanimously passed a sweeping gun control ordinance Tuesday night banning “assault weapons” and bump stocks, even as a pro-Second Amendment group threatened to retaliate by suing individual councilmembers.

What you think won't pass don't get on it esp. when you have a state full of pussies who are afraid of guns even if it's a picture of one.
Boulder is probably one of the most ultra-progressive towns in Colorado, hell in the nation for that matter. Boulder only exists because for all intent and purposes because it's the University of Colorado. In Colorado each locality is semi-autonomous meaning if the state decided to have no laws concerning firearms each locality could make up their own and the state can do nothing about it.

Been there, beautiful area....and extremely liberal area. These people make California look like the Vatican City.
Also no fat people. :D
The wife interviewed up there many years ago, took a job in El Paso TX instead.

Good Lord...can't get much opposite than that!

My mistake, you are correct, I just looked it up. It's only Denver that can enact local firearm ordinances counter to the state's. When I lived in Colorado we were told each locality was semi-autonomous to include firearm ordinances.

Exactly. Denver got around it through a technicality of how they are structured, and I forget the exact reason. I lived in Lone Tree, CO for several years, and had a CCW permit, and had to research laws to make sure I was legal in Denver.

Exactly. Denver got around it through a technicality of how they are structured, and I forget the exact reason. I lived in Lone Tree, CO for several years, and had a CCW permit, and had to research laws to make sure I was legal in Denver.
Yeah, I lived in the Springs a few years a couple of different times and in Trinidad for a year and a half.

I sold a house last year that exists only because the university there. Nothing wrong with that.

=======

Funny how RWNJs are always screaming states rights until its something they disagree wit.

It is not a state ban, it is a city ban. Visit Cripple Creek where they walk around with their pistols holstered and shot guns over their shoulder...

upload_2018-5-17_10-54-25.png

The United Nations knows better than to rile Americans over gun control, but that has not stopped them from quietly discussing how to do an end-run around the U.S. Constitution with crippling rules and regulations. Sustainable Development, aka Technocracy, has no room for resistance of self-defense. ⁃ TN Editor
The United Nations’ International Action Network on Small Arms (IANSA) is finishing up their Global Week of Action Against Gun Violence. According to IANSA, the goal of the week-long meeting is “for us to advocate collectively for an end to illicit trade and misuse of small arms and light weapons.”

We all know what that really means: the United Nations presumes they have authority over every human being on earth, and as such, seeks to ban guns from the slaves they want to control. Of course, they aren’t going to come right out and say it just it. It took liberals decades before they simply admitted what we already knew: they are coming for our guns.

According to Townhall, the week-long initiative took place one month before the Third ......

United Nations Is Quietly Pushing International Gun Control

View attachment 193952

The United Nations knows better than to rile Americans over gun control, but that has not stopped them from quietly discussing how to do an end-run around the U.S. Constitution with crippling rules and regulations. Sustainable Development, aka Technocracy, has no room for resistance of self-defense. ⁃ TN Editor
The United Nations’ International Action Network on Small Arms (IANSA) is finishing up their Global Week of Action Against Gun Violence. According to IANSA, the goal of the week-long meeting is “for us to advocate collectively for an end to illicit trade and misuse of small arms and light weapons.”

We all know what that really means: the United Nations presumes they have authority over every human being on earth, and as such, seeks to ban guns from the slaves they want to control. Of course, they aren’t going to come right out and say it just it. It took liberals decades before they simply admitted what we already knew: they are coming for our guns.

According to Townhall, the week-long initiative took place one month before the Third ......

United Nations Is Quietly Pushing International Gun Control

The United Nations is quietly behind a LOT of things here. I believe they can even send an army here now and arrest a US citizen, etc., for an international crime with no due process through our own courts. Imagine having UN soldiers come to your door arresting you for crimes in another country? One thing I've followed closely is their "Agenda 21" which is an action to put smart-meters on everyone's home allowing them to not only collect data on what you do 24 hours a day (how you live, when you're home) but to turn your power off or limit it at will, without even sending a person to your house.

so - boulder outlaws it and they go to denver to get it?

Lincoln Nebraska passed a Bump Stock ban. Made a big deal about how it made the community safer. Had an amnesty day so that those that had them could legally dispose of them before the law took effect.

NO BUMP STOCKS WERE BROUGHT IN - NOT ONE

Say what? :eusa_eh:

You lost me also. If you are talking about AR-15's you can buy them in any, and every gun shop in Colorado. I don't think there are even any gun shops in Boulder anymore, but if they are I guess they'll have to stop selling them temporarily.

I was shopping in Boulder, CO last week when I saw a store called "The Honey Cellar". I ventured inside to buy some Local Bee Honey, "Shockingly", they only sold THC & CBD Honey in that store. I noticed a lot of stupid people in the area like cashiers who could not run a register or charge card machine. The Wife & I think lots of people there are on the CBD Honey.

You lost me also. If you are talking about AR-15's you can buy them in any, and every gun shop in Colorado. I don't think there are even any gun shops in Boulder anymore, but if they are I guess they'll have to stop selling them temporarily.
sorry to both - i was saying if i read the statement correctly, boulder could outlaw XYZ guns but Denver would not?

ie - i live in boulder and they outlaw the AR15, can't i just go to denver and get it now then?

The assault weapon ban is, in fact, unConstitutional.....the Supreme Court ruled on this in D.C v Heller, Caetano v Massachusetts and Scalia made it clear that semi automatic rifles, specifically Ar-15s are protected by the 2nd Amendmemt in his dissent in Friedman v Highland Park. You can also check out Miller v United States and Cruickshank v United States....

They can pass it and the left wing circuit can allow it, but the Supreme Court has already ruled on it.....

I sold a house last year that exists only because the university there. Nothing wrong with that.

=======

Funny how RWNJs are always screaming states rights until its something they disagree wit.

No, twit...individual Rights are what motivate us......and when the state or Feds violate individual Rights, that is when we get mad.

sorry to both - i was saying if i read the statement correctly, boulder could outlaw XYZ guns but Denver would not?

ie - i live in boulder and they outlaw the AR15, can't i just go to denver and get it now then?

Boulder is outlawing possession of the AR-15, and others. So you could buy one anywhere outside of Boulder, within CO, but then if you possessed it in Boulder you would be breaking the law. I guess you could keep it locked up at a gun club outside of Boulder, but I am not sure about that. You may just want to wait for the law to be overturned, or move if you want to retain your rights.

You don't want to walk down the Pearl Street Mall with it though, lol.

[
They can pass it and the left wing circuit can allow it, but the Supreme Court has already ruled on it.....

It should get overturned by the State. Also, if it for whatever reason made it to the SC, they may refuse to hear it, the cowards they are.

Boulder is outlawing possession of the AR-15, and others. So you could buy one anywhere outside of Boulder, within CO, but then if you possessed it in Boulder you would be breaking the law. I guess you could keep it locked up at a gun club outside of Boulder, but I am not sure about that. You may just want to wait for the law to be overturned, or move if you want to retain your rights.

You don't want to walk down the Pearl Street Mall with it though, lol.
heh - gotcha. thank you.

Forum List

Back