Bought a new rifle

Is the Elcan the 1-4X or the 4X?

I have the 4X and love it.

It's the 1-4. So far I am impressed with it. But haven't had a chance for shooting impressions yet.

That is a very nice optic. I passed on getting the 1-4X because of the weight. Significantly heavier than the 4X.

Of course sometimes I make the wrong decision.

A couple of years ago I wanted another .308. I was interested in the SCAR and should have got it. However, I bought a Sig 716 instead. In retrospect I should have got the SCAR.

Sig makes a good rifle too. I must confess I have no experience with the 716.

Love my SIG AR!
Put thousands of rounds through it with zero problems.
View attachment 294627

I just have the old school Colt AR's from the 1960's, 70's and my most recent one is from around 1997. But they all work fine. That Sig looks real sweet though!

Love the EoTech system with the flip up/down magnifier.
The only thing that sucks is my eyes. Without my glasses the red dot gets all blurry but I can still shoot it. Flip down the magnifier and it's clear as can be.

Hey boys! How about you all start a thread comparing how big your Johnsons are.....er....rather, a "I bought a gun" thread.

And you and your lesbo buddies can compare your fat asses to see who's is biggest....I hear you're the reigning champ.

\

Pay no attention to the fat ass. She just wishes she had the skill, the money, and the ability to play with firearms. She's just jealous and that's why she is lashing out like a baby.

What she really wishes is that she had a dick.

It's the 1-4. So far I am impressed with it. But haven't had a chance for shooting impressions yet.

That is a very nice optic. I passed on getting the 1-4X because of the weight. Significantly heavier than the 4X.

A couple of years ago I wanted another .308. I was interested in the SCAR and should have got it. However, I bought a Sig 716 instead. In retrospect I should have got the SCAR.

Love my SIG AR!
View attachment 294627

I just have the old school Colt AR's from the 1960's, 70's and my most recent one is from around 1997. But they all work fine. That Sig looks real sweet though!

The only thing that sucks is my eyes. Without my glasses the red dot gets all blurry but I can still shoot it. Flip down the magnifier and it's clear as can be.

I was thinking about the Eotech for the SCAR, but I ended up with the Elcan. I might still pick up an EoTech just to compare the two.

Love my SIG AR!
View attachment 294627

I was thinking about the Eotech for the SCAR, but I ended up with the Elcan. I might still pick up an EoTech just to compare the two.

There were complaints early on about the EoTech's accuracy out past 200 yards but it works fine for me out to 300.

For the first time in a few years. I have had a Yankee Hill suppressor sitting in my safe for a while so decided to buy a rifle for it.

So, I picked up a FN SCAR 17S in 7.62X51 NATO. And topped it off with a Elcan sight.

Heading to the range in a week or so to zero it in.
Why the FN? $$$

Because they make fantastic firearms.
I wouldnt trade my FNX .45 tactical for any other pistol out there.View attachment 294605
I like that .45. Never shot that LCP. I have the LCR.

I was shocked at how accurate the little LCP is.
Hitting 4" steel at 60 ft is easy.
Cool. It is smooth. I used to carry a Shield, but I put TFX Pro sites on it and the sharp edges are so uncomfortable.
The LCR took awhile to get a handle on it. At .357 mag, it's easier to stay on target w/ +P. I would like to try the new Mossberg MC1sc.

I have a Beretta Pico as my pocket pistol and it too is surprisingly accurate. It takes getting used to because it is so thin, but once you figure it out it is quite accurate.

Love my SIG AR!
View attachment 294627

There were complaints early on about the EoTech's accuracy out past 200 yards but it works fine for me out to 300.

I have to confess out to 300 yards is pistol range for me. Beyond that I need the rifle so optics are critical at that point.

Love my SIG AR!
View attachment 294627

I have to confess out to 300 yards is pistol range for me. Beyond that I need the rifle so optics are critical at that point.

:disbelief:
Most of my pistol shooting is between 10 and 100 ft.
Would really like to get my hands on a McMillan TAC-338 and get into long range shooting.

For the first time in a few years. I have had a Yankee Hill suppressor sitting in my safe for a while so decided to buy a rifle for it.

So, I picked up a FN SCAR 17S in 7.62X51 NATO. And topped it off with a Elcan sight.

Why the FN? $$$

I've never fired the SCAR, but the FN-LARs I fired were excellent rifles. Quality is worth the money.

Would really like to get my hands on a McMillan TAC-338 and get into long range shooting.

I am out in the desert A LOT, so I use the 10mm because it has the power to get out there and touch something at that range. I can hit 50/50 out to 400 yards with it, but 300 you had better be under some real good cover. For long range i have a Steyr SSG PII for out to 1200 yards or so, but if i am going really long I have a Research Armaments .50 cal. AMAC bought the rights to them later.

It's a pretty badass rifle!
IJ_AMAC.jpg

That is the great thing about Firearms... 90% of the great firearms you can purchase, play with it and if you don't care for it you can sell it... I have made more money on Shotguns that way than bodecea can shake a stick at... :poke:

Why the FN? $$$

I've never fired the SCAR, but the FN-LARs I fired were excellent rifles. Quality is worth the money.
Any of you guys try the Steyr AUG A3 M1? I shoot rifles left handed.

That is the great thing about Firearms... 90% of the great firearms you can purchase, play with it and if you don't care for it you can sell it... I have made more money on Shotguns that way than bodecea can shake a stick at... :poke:
Ever come across one of these?

M3 Convertible Semi-Auto Pump Shotgun

[Q

I have 30 ARs now. 11 of them are retros include two reproductions of the prototypes.

My Class III M-16 is a M-16-A1.

Why the FN? $$$

Any of you guys try the Steyr AUG A3 M1? I shoot rifles left handed.

I used to own one and have to say i didn't like it. If you did just a few rapidfire strings it would get very hot and the takedown cross pin that holds it together would burn the ever loving shit out of you if you happened to touch it.

Ever come across one of these?

M3 Convertible Semi-Auto Pump Shotgun

I own the M1 Super 90 and love it. Benelli makes exceptionally good shotguns so you will have no problem.

[Q

I have 30 ARs now. 11 of them are retros include two reproductions of the prototypes.

My Class III M-16 is a M-16-A1.

Very nice! My Class III is a AR-15 Model 614.

Thats where I run into problems.
It's really difficult to find a place with enough open space to shoot more than five hundred yards.
We just signed onto a 6k acre lease that will solve that problem.
It has a sand flat that's around a mile long.

I am out in the desert A LOT, so I use the 10mm because it has the power to get out there and touch something at that range. I can hit 50/50 out to 400 yards with it, but 300 you had better be under some real good cover. For long range i have a Steyr SSG PII for out to 1200 yards or so, but if i am going really long I have a Research Armaments .50 cal. AMAC bought the rights to them later.

It's a pretty badass rifle!
IJ_AMAC.jpg

Forum List

Back