Bought a new rifle

For the first time in a few years. I have had a Yankee Hill suppressor sitting in my safe for a while so decided to buy a rifle for it.

So, I picked up a FN SCAR 17S in 7.62X51 NATO. And topped it off with a Elcan sight.

Heading to the range in a week or so to zero it in.
Why the FN? $$$

I've never fired the SCAR, but the FN-LARs I fired were excellent rifles. Quality is worth the money.
Any of you guys try the Steyr AUG A3 M1? I shoot rifles left handed.

Dont care for bullpups myself.

Thats where I run into problems.

I was thinking about the Eotech for the SCAR, but I ended up with the Elcan. I might still pick up an EoTech just to compare the two.

There were complaints early on about the EoTech's accuracy out past 200 yards but it works fine for me out to 300.

I have to confess out to 300 yards is pistol range for me. Beyond that I need the rifle so optics are critical at that point.

:disbelief:
Most of my pistol shooting is between 10 and 100 ft.
Would really like to get my hands on a McMillan TAC-338 and get into long range shooting.

I am out in the desert A LOT, so I use the 10mm because it has the power to get out there and touch something at that range. I can hit 50/50 out to 400 yards with it, but 300 you had better be under some real good cover. For long range i have a Steyr SSG PII for out to 1200 yards or so, but if i am going really long I have a Research Armaments .50 cal. AMAC bought the rights to them later.

It's a pretty badass rifle!
IJ_AMAC.jpg

It's really difficult to find a place with enough open space to shoot more than five hundred yards.
We just signed onto a 6k acre lease that will solve that problem.
It has a sand flat that's around a mile long.

For the first time in a few years. I have had a Yankee Hill suppressor sitting in my safe for a while so decided to buy a rifle for it.

So, I picked up a FN SCAR 17S in 7.62X51 NATO. And topped it off with a Elcan sight.

Why the FN? $$$

I've never fired the SCAR, but the FN-LARs I fired were excellent rifles. Quality is worth the money.
Any of you guys try the Steyr AUG A3 M1? I shoot rifles left handed.

I used to own one and have to say i didn't like it. If you did just a few rapidfire strings it would get very hot and the takedown cross pin that holds it together would burn the ever loving shit out of you if you happened to touch it.

Whoa... yikes!

This comparison thread (who's got a bigger d**k) is turning out as very very predictable. :71:

Indeed. You have a tiny peanut sized embwebwe (to borrow a line from Garret Morris). Fortunately you are so poor you don't have to deal with the evil bang sticks that frighten you so much.

Someday you might grow up (instead of out) but i doubt it.

Can't say that I have... Benelli puts out a great Shotgun though... Since my return to Hawaii 3 years ago, my buying, and trading days have been numbered... Hawaii is not a real friendly Firearm State like Indiana was...
Funny how I thought it must be a challenge there. Mind reader you are.

Please believe me I am not totally defenseless... There are some great 2A minds living here... There are some Military personnel that I trust and a few local folks have proved their reliance in keeping quiet about what is in the safe... Never been a firm believer in registering firearms... Hell back in Indiana used to trade out in the middle of a cow pasture... Times have changed...

This comparison thread (who's got a bigger d**k) is turning out as very very predictable. :71:

The last firearm I bought was a .17 caliber. Smaller than a .22lr.

Does that mean my dick is too big, so I have to compensate with a very small caliber?

The last firearm I bought was a .17 caliber. Smaller than a .22lr.

Does that mean my dick is too big, so I have to compensate with a very small caliber?

She makes the claim we have small dicks when her dildo is the size of a howitzer...and she had to put a gps tracker on it so it wouldnt get lost in the abyss.

Darn fine setup! Awesome rifles. Have several suppressed myself, 22's and 223's. Love to get a 30cal can but gave up my FFL's, retired. FFL for years, 07FFL class 2 SOT was a fine time to stock up on cans :) At dealer pricing :)

It looks scary :eusa_shifty:

It's the 1-4. So far I am impressed with it. But haven't had a chance for shooting impressions yet.

That is a very nice optic. I passed on getting the 1-4X because of the weight. Significantly heavier than the 4X.

Of course sometimes I make the wrong decision.

A couple of years ago I wanted another .308. I was interested in the SCAR and should have got it. However, I bought a Sig 716 instead. In retrospect I should have got the SCAR.

Sig makes a good rifle too. I must confess I have no experience with the 716.

Love my SIG AR!
Put thousands of rounds through it with zero problems.
View attachment 294627

I just have the old school Colt AR's from the 1960's, 70's and my most recent one is from around 1997. But they all work fine. That Sig looks real sweet though!
There is no where that I feel my age more than when I go hunting. My reaction time is up, I can not hear,see,or smell like I used to. All these things are fairly important to success. The only new fire arm I have bought in the past few years is a 223, I use for coyote hunting. It is heavy as hell with the scope and tripod on it. I find my self upgrading my fishing tackle more often these days. I do not feel as old fishing. There are plenty places to spend the money there. I have a twenty thousand dollar list before I even get to the boat,fish finder, and radar. I have made a deal with a buddy where he invests in fire arms and I invest in fishing and we share the tools.
Love the EoTech system with the flip up/down magnifier.
The only thing that sucks is my eyes. Without my glasses the red dot gets all blurry but I can still shoot it. Flip down the magnifier and it's clear as can be.

It's a tool. It's no scarier than the person using it.

Love the EoTech system with the flip up/down magnifier.
The only thing that sucks is my eyes. Without my glasses the red dot gets all blurry but I can still shoot it. Flip down the magnifier and it's clear as can be.

I was thinking about the Eotech for the SCAR, but I ended up with the Elcan. I might still pick up an EoTech just to compare the two.

There were complaints early on about the EoTech's accuracy out past 200 yards but it works fine for me out to 300.

I have to confess out to 300 yards is pistol range for me. Beyond that I need the rifle so optics are critical at that point.

Would really like to get my hands on a McMillan TAC-338 and get into long range shooting.

I am out in the desert A LOT, so I use the 10mm because it has the power to get out there and touch something at that range. I can hit 50/50 out to 400 yards with it, but 300 you had better be under some real good cover. For long range i have a Steyr SSG PII for out to 1200 yards or so, but if i am going really long I have a Research Armaments .50 cal. AMAC bought the rights to them later.

IJ_AMAC.jpg
I think it's time I bought a real firearm.

iu

IJ_AMAC.jpg
I think it's time I bought a real firearm.

iu

And perfectly legal.

There's no such thing as a scary firearm.
Only a scary person behind that firearm.

Forum List

Back