Bought a new rifle

Is the Elcan the 1-4X or the 4X?

I have the 4X and love it.

It's the 1-4. So far I am impressed with it. But haven't had a chance for shooting impressions yet.

That is a very nice optic. I passed on getting the 1-4X because of the weight. Significantly heavier than the 4X.

Of course sometimes I make the wrong decision.

A couple of years ago I wanted another .308. I was interested in the SCAR and should have got it. However, I bought a Sig 716 instead. In retrospect I should have got the SCAR.

Sig makes a good rifle too. I must confess I have no experience with the 716.

It's the 1-4. So far I am impressed with it. But haven't had a chance for shooting impressions yet.

That is a very nice optic. I passed on getting the 1-4X because of the weight. Significantly heavier than the 4X.

A couple of years ago I wanted another .308. I was interested in the SCAR and should have got it. However, I bought a Sig 716 instead. In retrospect I should have got the SCAR.

I went to a gun show in Orlando and had too much cash in my pocket. I saw the Sig 716 Patrol FDE and it looked cool. I was actually looking that day to buy a Colt 901 or a SCAR but the Sig looked great. It was an inpluse buy more than anything.

I didn't know anything about the 716 so when I got home I googled it and found out it had the reputation to be a jamomatic. Oh shit.

However, it has been perfectly reliable for me. After about 500 rds down range I only had one jam but I think it was the ammo. It is fairly accurate for a 16 inch .308. With decent ammo I can get right at MOA on the bench.

I have tried several scopes on it but now I have the Sig Romeo 5.

The only problem I have with it is the weight. It is heavy.

I have other .308s. A M1A and a FAL.

It'll come in handy for that civil war the dems are forcing you people into.

I went to a gun show in Orlando and had too much cash in my pocket. I saw the Sig 716 Patrol FDE and it looked cool. I was actually looking that day to buy a Colt 901 or a SCAR but the Sig looked great. It was an inpluse buy more than anything.

I didn't know anything about the 716 so when I got home I googled it and found out it had the reputation to be a jamomatic. Oh shit.

However, it has been perfectly reliable for me. After about 500 rds down range I only had one jam but I think it was the ammo. It is fairly accurate for a 16 inch .308. With decent ammo I can get right at MOA on the bench.

I sold my M1A a long time ago. I had built it up as a M21 with the proper ART II scope, but I never really liked it. The scope was brilliant, and it shot well, but the ergonomics sucked. I have a FAL, and a G3 (which is my go to) but wanted one of the newer iterations so settled on the SCAR after talking with my friends who actually use them. Yes, it is a tad heavy, but my G3 is heavier so this is a bonus!

CONGRATULATIONS on the new addition to your family ... I had to google the piece ... varmint rifles aren't my thing but she's a beauty ... have you and the wife picked a name yet? ... I sincerely hope you enjoy her for years to come, it's a lot of extra responsibility but IMEIO well worth it ... just one bit of advice, keep the Glok 30 handy if you're hunting in bear country ... NATO rounds just piss them off ...

ETA: I mean enjoy the gun for years to come ... I'm sure you've been enjoying your wife all this time ...

I sold my M1A a long time ago. I had built it up as a M21 with the proper ART II scope, but I never really liked it. The scope was brilliant, and it shot well, but the ergonomics sucked. I have a FAL, and a G3 (which is my go to) but wanted one of the newer iterations so settled on the SCAR after talking with my friends who actually use them. Yes, it is a tad heavy, but my G3 is heavier so this is a bonus!

I was trained on the M-14 when in the Army so I have a special attachment to it. For me the ergonomics of the M-14 is good but I understand other people not liking it.

The M1A is not a scope platform. I have tried every scope you can imagine. Nothing was satisfactory. Nowadays my Loaded M1A is iron sights and it is fine for me.

The scope combination I have found that keeps the rifle as a usable MBR is an Trijicon TA-1B and a Trijicon scope mount. However, that scope mount cost almost as much as the scope. To scope it that way will cost $2K in addition to the cost of the rifle. You are talking about a $3500 scoped rifle. There are better options for a .308 than that.

My FAL is scoped.

You made a good choice with the SCAR. Enjoy!

Looks like nobody gives a shit if you bought another gun. I know I don't.

Actually you are wrong. It is good to hear of his acquisition. Just because you are pussy ass Moon Bat that is afraid of firearms don't mean everybody is.

Grow the fuck up Moon Bat. Go put on your pink pussy hat if you are offend by someone making a post about firearms. Go howl at the sky. It will be good practice for you for the Trump landslide next November.

For the first time in a few years. I have had a Yankee Hill suppressor sitting in my safe for a while so decided to buy a rifle for it.

So, I picked up a FN SCAR 17S in 7.62X51 NATO. And topped it off with a Elcan sight.

Heading to the range in a week or so to zero it in.
Why the FN? $$$

Because they make fantastic firearms.
I wouldnt trade my FNX .45 tactical for any other pistol out there.
295B9C9C-4282-4173-AFFD-B921B0FCAC24.jpeg

For the first time in a few years. I have had a Yankee Hill suppressor sitting in my safe for a while so decided to buy a rifle for it.

So, I picked up a FN SCAR 17S in 7.62X51 NATO. And topped it off with a Elcan sight.

Be careful

Don’t shoot your eye out

Why the FN? $$$

I wouldnt trade my FNX .45 tactical for any other pistol out there.View attachment 294605
I like that .45. Never shot that LCP. I have the LCR.

CONGRATULATIONS on the new addition to your family ... I had to google the piece ... varmint rifles aren't my thing but she's a beauty ... have you and the wife picked a name yet? ... I sincerely hope you enjoy her for years to come, it's a lot of extra responsibility but IMEIO well worth it ... just one bit of advice, keep the Glok 30 handy if you're hunting in bear country ... NATO rounds just piss them off ...

ETA: I mean enjoy the gun for years to come ... I'm sure you've been enjoying your wife all this time ...

I have to admit, I am not fan of tactical tupperware!:lmao: I carry a Colt Delta Elite in 10mm when I am in the wild.

I was trained on the M-14 when in the Army so I have a special attachment to it. For me the ergonomics of the M-14 is good but I understand other people not liking it.

The M1A is not a scope platform. I have tried every scope you can imagine. Nothing was satisfactory. Nowadays my Loaded M1A is iron sights and it is fine for me.

The scope combination I have found that keeps the rifle as a usable MBR is an Trijicon TA-1B and a Trijicon scope mount. However, that scope mount cost almost as much as the scope. To scope it that way will cost $2K in addition to the cost of the rifle. You are talking about a $3500 scoped rifle. There are better options for a .308 than that.

My FAL is scoped.

You made a good choice with the SCAR. Enjoy!

I have owned a Garand for over 50 years and the M1A was too similar to that. My G3 is scoped, as is my FAL. My eyes are getting old so I run scopes on almost everything now.

Be careful

Don’t shoot your eye out

That's not a problem. I'm not you.

Why the FN? $$$

I wouldnt trade my FNX .45 tactical for any other pistol out there.View attachment 294605

I was shocked at how accurate the little LCP is.
Hitting 4" steel at 60 ft is easy.

Why the FN? $$$

I was shocked at how accurate the little LCP is.
Hitting 4" steel at 60 ft is easy.

I have a Beretta Pico as my pocket pistol and it too is surprisingly accurate. It takes getting used to because it is so thin, but once you figure it out it is quite accurate.

Love my SIG AR!
Put thousands of rounds through it with zero problems.
B979ED13-3D0E-4D37-BD69-2786DBA3A29D_1_201_a.jpeg

Love my SIG AR!
Put thousands of rounds through it with zero problems.
View attachment 294627

I just have the old school Colt AR's from the 1960's, 70's and my most recent one is from around 1997. But they all work fine. That Sig looks real sweet though!

Hey boys! How about you all start a thread comparing how big your Johnsons are.....er....rather, a "I bought a gun" thread.

And you and your lesbo buddies can compare your fat asses to see who's is biggest....I hear you're the reigning champ.

\

Pay no attention to the fat ass. She just wishes she had the skill, the money, and the ability to play with firearms. She's just jealous and that's why she is lashing out like a baby.

Forum List

Back