Boston's biggest snow EVER tomorrow!!

Climate change. The misunderstanding is in the fact that if a denialist sticks his finger into ice cream or snow, they feel cold or more correctly, lack of heat as it is relative to their body temperature.

Political bias takes away any incentive to understand. The denialists would rather spam the discussion with kicks to the groin of modern science and statistical fact.

The truth is no farther away than a quick search for annual temperature rise globally.
This silly ass "global warming" didn't pan out like you stupid Moon Bats thought it would so now you little delusional turds are changing the narrative to the silly ass "climate change".

Newflash Moon Bat, climate change is the norm for earth. Been going on for billions of years.

You stupid uneducated low information Moon Bats don't know anymore about Climate Science than you know about Economics, History, Biology, Ethics or (in the case of US Moon Bats} the Constitution.

I can't make out what the point is with that changing graph and I don't feel any need to try to find out. If you have something to present then do so in a more acceptable way.
So your in a discussion about climate change and don't know the controversial data?

We are having the coldest day in the last few years here in Central Florida. No snow or ice but very low temperatures and wind chill. Tonight it will be in the 20s in many locations. Global warming my ass.

I bet there are some of these Moon Bats that actually think that.
I could suggest that anybody who thinks they will find polar bears near Patagonia is already a committed moon bat! Wrong pole for dog sake!

But there is a possible relevant point being raised in that snow falling where it shouldn't be falling, and snow not falling where it should be falling, is climate change.

Climate change has been accepted by everyone but a very narrow extreme right fringe. The questioning has moved on to the 'A' part.

This silly ass "global warming" didn't pan out like you stupid Moon Bats thought it would so now you little delusional turds are changing the narrative to the silly ass "climate change".

Newflash Moon Bat, climate change is the norm for earth. Been going on for billions of years.

You stupid uneducated low information Moon Bats don't know anymore about Climate Science than you know about Economics, History, Biology, Ethics or (in the case of US Moon Bats} the Constitution.
The question on who the moonbats are was answered for me when it was suggested that Polar bears would be hanging around Patagonia and the South pole!
Look for penguins maybe?

Sheesh!

We are having the coldest day in the last few years here in Central Florida. No snow or ice but very low temperatures and wind chill. Tonight it will be in the 20s in many locations. Global warming my ass.
Climate change up close and personal. Global temperature overall on your ass and a good ways up it too. 2021 was one of the 6 or 7 warmest in recorded history.

I have to stick to the basics with you, I'm no climate expert.

During those days (early 1960's) when circumstances compelled me to live near Boston I found blizzards amusing.

They're rare enough that the cities and towns (much less the state) had the equipment needed to deal with more than about 2-inches of snow.

And drivers who had never learned how to drive in anything worse than light rain.

In those days I had a 1947 Ford sedan. Rear wheel only drive. Bit old carriage spring rear suspension and tall, tall but narrow tires. When the just-built Route 24 freeway was clogged with stuck cars I'd take to the median and pass them all. Kept the speed reasonable using the manual throttle rather than gas peddle. Set it for a slow but steady pace so I could put my feet up on the seat, get the heater set just right and laugh like hell at the clowns.

Best. though, was The Blizzard of '78. Made this week's storms look like flurries. I no longer had the '47. Current vehicle then was also a sedan which fortunately had wheel wells of sufficient size that I as able to set it up with tall, narrow tires. It was even easier then because snow treads had become available. In the early 60s - not so much.

It's snow, buttercups, suck it up.

One more memory:

The guy who immigrated from Portugal and set up a business making potato chips. Then invented a machine to automate it. His big bucks came not from making chips but by selling the machines. He ultimately sold the whole thing to a brand you all know.

Then he turned his inventiveness to clearing snow.

And recycling.

He came up with a vehicle with a tank for used potato-chip frying oil on the back, a 6-nozzle flame-thrower on the front. Truly a snow devil. Pull up to a snow-clogged street, scratch a match and, hey-presto, the snow gave way, the streets cleared and the runoff went down the street drains. Except they were frozen. Then the water backing up from the drains froze and the machine got trapped in the ice.

Sad, but it DID smell good while it worked!

During those days (early 1960's) when circumstances compelled me to live near Boston I found blizzards amusing.

They're rare enough that the cities and towns (much less the state) had the equipment needed to deal with more than about 2-inches of snow.

And drivers who had never learned how to drive in anything worse than light rain.

In those days I had a 1947 Ford sedan. Rear wheel only drive. Bit old carriage spring rear suspension and tall, tall but narrow tires. When the just-built Route 24 freeway was clogged with stuck cars I'd take to the median and pass them all. Kept the speed reasonable using the manual throttle rather than gas peddle. Set it for a slow but steady pace so I could put my feet up on the seat, get the heater set just right and laugh like hell at the clowns.

Best. though, was The Blizzard of '78. Made this week's storms look like flurries. I no longer had the '47. Current vehicle then was also a sedan which fortunately had wheel wells of sufficient size that I as able to set it up with tall, narrow tires. It was even easier then because snow treads had become available. In the early 60s - not so much.

It's snow, buttercups, suck it up.

One more memory:

The guy who immigrated from Portugal and set up a business making potato chips. Then invented a machine to automate it. His big bucks came not from making chips but by selling the machines. He ultimately sold the whole thing to a brand you all know.

Then he turned his inventiveness to clearing snow.

And recycling.

He came up with a vehicle with a tank for used potato-chip frying oil on the back, a 6-nozzle flame-thrower on the front. Truly a snow devil. Pull up to a snow-clogged street, scratch a match and, hey-presto, the snow gave way, the streets cleared and the runoff went down the street drains. Except they were frozen. Then the water backing up from the drains froze and the machine got trapped in the ice.

Sad, but it DID smell good while it worked!
Great stories Henry. I too drove a 41 Ford sedan, which was pretty close to the 47.
And a 48 Dodge, among others. 6.00 x 16 tires.
Oh and a 37 Ford couple that had mechanical brakes until we put in hydraulics.

LOL As usual the brain dead deniers are once again proving what fools they are. Here is the temperature anomalies for today. Note there are areas in the Arctic more than 10 C above normal. Note that are areas on the East coast as much as 14 C below normal.

1643509986850.png

But not to worry, you will get another dose of what you are getting now about the middle of next week. Enjoy!

Of course one could ask the people that actually study weather instead of some gay guy on TV who never completed college in any subject.

Falling iguanas, I hear!

Great stories Henry. I too drove a 41 Ford sedan, which was pretty close to the 47.
And a 48 Dodge, among others. 6.00 x 16 tires.
Oh and a 37 Ford couple that had mechanical brakes until we put in hydraulics.

sOn.....you and I will be in our boxes for a long, long time before fossil fuels aren't dominating the energy landscape. Voters just don't really give a crap about global warming.

Stop worrying about stOOpid shit....smell the roses a bit. :eusa_dance:

Forum List

Back