What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris Johnson to resign as British Prime Minister.

Confederate Soldier

Diamond Member
Reaction score

gipper

Libertarian/Anarchist
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good. Maybe Joe will too.

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Reaction score
This is my shocked face.

Can you see it?

MisterBeale

Diamond Member
Reaction score
meh. . . this doesn't really belong in breaking news IMO. It is happening in Britain, so a puppet leader over the pond is leaving office, who cares?

This is USMB, shouldn't that be in the Europe, or dumb limy sub-forum? And jeese, right after the 4th too. So disappointed in you folks.

:dunno:

MisterBeale

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Another do as I say, not as I do politician.
All of them are corrupt.

None of them get that high, without letting themselves be compromised. . . not anymore.

The interlocking directorate, and controlled media, would never let the voters be aware of honest politicians with integrity, it would make them seem corrupt and evil.

Penelope

Diamond Member
Reaction score
He lies like tramp. Extra marital affairs, and put people in high places because he likes them.

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Captain Caveman

Platinum Member
Reaction score

Boris Johnson to resign as PM today. Who knew.
No confidence votes are a farce. What's the point in voting for confidence in your leader and then resign? Labour are useless, have been since the dawn of time. The conservatives just constantly in-house fight. Lib Dems are there as a token gesture. So we're kinda screwed who can run what.

In the local elections, I thought sod it, went up to the town hall and voted for the Green guy. I kinda know him cos his lad went to school with one of my lads. The Green vote was only 70 to 80 votes behind the winning Tory guy. So maybe more are getting fed up too.

As UK politics is the same ole same crap, this is why I find American politics so interesting, so many different characters causing epic issues.

Votto

Diamond Member
Reaction score

alexa

Silver Member
Reaction score
So far, he is just resigning as party leader -- don't know if he has officially resigned as PM too.....
He hasn't and isn't intending on doing so until a new PM is elected. He has now managed to get people to agree to be part of his Cabinet. I suspect this is the rift in the Tory Party as the rest want him gone. Keir Starmer has said if the Tories do not get rid of him now, Labour will bring a vote of no confidence.

there4eyeM

unlicensed metaphysician
Reaction score
Johnson wants to remain in office until his party elects a new P.M. in October.

gipper

Libertarian/Anarchist
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

gipper

Libertarian/Anarchist
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Reaction score
He hasn't and isn't intending on doing so until a new PM is elected. He has now managed to get people to agree to be part of his Cabinet. I suspect this is the rift in the Tory Party as the rest want him gone. Keir Starmer has said if the Tories do not get rid of him now, Labour will bring a vote of no confidence.
If he manages to stay on until they hold a special election -- which i doubt will be anytime soon -- I can really see him doing some real scorched earth type stuff in the interim...that is probably what the rest in the party are afraid of....

alexa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If he manages to stay on until they hold a special election -- which i doubt will be anytime soon -- I can really see him doing some real scorched earth type stuff in the interim...that is probably what the rest in the party are afraid of....
Johnson is talking about a snap election. Not sure what you are meaning there but I was thinking about his enormous input to the Ukraine war seemingly trying to play chicken with Putin. It is well known that war is possibly the no 1 way to get back support from your country particularly if they are attacked. I have hoped that was not what he was up to....but you are right he could do something that could even make it impossible for him to leave. He must leave now.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List