Boris Johnson Released from Hospital After Miracle Cure from Coronavirus — But Media Won’t Report What Healed Him?

Whas up wid dat boyos?

Anyone want to take a guess as to what it was or maybe one of our more connected posters knows?

Let's not jump to conclusions just yet. Millions of people have had Corona, and gotten over it, with zero cure.
Granted with how crappy the media is, it wouldn't surprise me if they did pretend he just has some Tea and Crumpets.

Whist in a state of National Emergency and under threat of death by an invisible enemy the people certainly have not only a need but a right to know any and everything about this disease such as who is dying, who is sick, where they live, where they work, how they caught the disease, the hot spots, which treatments have worked, what treatments may work, what treatments have failed etc.etc.etc.

The need for transparency has never been greater than at the present time.

Do you think we should have a publicly accessible, national database that lists the names of every Coronavirus patient and details their treatment? After all, the public have a right and need to know everything.

Certainly....the more that is know about this disease the better prepared and the more willing and motivated the people will be to do their utmost to fight and defeat it.

We have forgotten how the misguided effort to enforce privacy during the aids epidemic resulted in the deaths of millions.....we do not need to repeat that.

Wow. Good to know how big an authoritarian/statist you are, I guess.

I don't think the public knowing John down the street has COVID-19, rather than just knowing anonymous numbers, is going to do a lot of good. What is it you think the public will do differently if they know details about each person's condition and treatment?

Oh, and since this thread is about the British PM, do you think every country needs to have the sort of database you are for, with that data somehow shared among all the people of the world?

Whas up wid dat boyos?

Anyone want to take a guess as to what it was or maybe one of our more connected posters knows?

I wonder if Prime Minister Johnson got a shot of hydroxychloroquine, aka Trumpicillin?

The people have a right to know.

If I came down with a case of the Chinese Kung Flu, that's what I would ask for, to try and keep me out of the hospital.

No, the people do not have a right to know. There is no right to the details of another person's medical treatment in the US. Where do you think such a right derives from?

Why wouldn't a doctor make available the results of a successful therapy, particularly with a disease that so little is known about? If Johnson was given the Trump Cure, I can't think of a single legitimate reason why the people shouldn't be informed.

Many reasons.

First of all, any medical procedure anyone goes through is entirely confidential under the HIPAA laws.
No doctor can reveal anything about the medical treatment of anyone, by law.

Second is that what works for one could kill another,so it would be irresponsible,

Third is it could be complex, and not only hard to describe, but hard to know what actually helped from a series of things all tried at once.

Forth is that it could lead to criminal activity. For example, what if antibodies were taken from those who recovered? Do you want wealthy people to kidnap recovered individuals, in order to steal their antibodies?

There have been cases of it working on patients afflicted with the virus and it was reported and their name was reported....now the patient may have agreed to release the info....anyhow....I do not think Boris would mind releasing the info.

The HIPPA laws apply in America....not the U.K.

No doctor has reported hydroxychloroquine has been successful in any case.
They know they can't, even if they think it was successful.
They could get sued if someone then overdoes on it by themselves.

The cases where hydroxychloroquine was credited as working were released by the patients themselves, like the Michigan congresswoman. And she really could not possibly know what worked or not, since she was getting many medications.

And HIPAA laws DO apply to the US press in the US, regardless of where the patient or doctors are.
Professor Didier Raoult Releases the Results of a New Hydroxychloroquine Treatment Study on 1061 Patients – COVEXIT.com

Nothing new there.

First of all, to rate success you need to compare 2 identical groups, one given treatment and one not.
That was not the case, and all the recoveries could be just on their own.

Second is that from other tests, we know it is the antibiotics that is the most effective, as the extreme patients that die all have pneumonia.

Third is that this trial was all extreme situations where there was nothing to lose in trying hydroxychloroquine. But if you falsely give people the impression it works to prevent or in early cases, when it does not, then you will have lots of hysterical people taking hydroxychloroquine at the wrong time, and it will then cause problems in stead of helping.
You known that this is a prescription medication. No one is going to take it at the wrong time or wrong dose. Not legally anyway. People take it when their doctor tells them to.

Forum List

Back