How the 5G coronavirus conspiracy theory tore through the internet

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Once again..a completely unfounded conspiracy theory...based on absolutely nothing..somehow gains a following..and real-world consequences follow!
How can people be so stupid? This article tracks the origins of this nonsense..and the way it not only infected both the internet and social media..but inspired arson and death threats! I noticed some posting this nonsense right here, on this site. i wonder if any of those tin-foil hat wearing idiots prepared to defend their posts?

A short excerpt:

It started with one doctor. On January 22, Belgian newspaper Het Laatste Nieuws published an interview with Kris Van Kerckhoven, a general practitioner from Putte, near Antwerp. “5G is life-threatening, and no one knows it”, read the headline. One scientifically-baseless claim in this article, published in a regional version of the paper’s print edition and since deleted from its website, sparked a conspiracy theory firestorm that has since torn through the internet and broken out into the real world, resulting in fires and threats. Van Kerckhoven didn’t just claim that 5G was dangerous: he also said it might be linked to coronavirus.
At the time, the outbreak was a comparative speck. It had claimed nine lives and infected 440 people, almost all of them in the Chinese city of Wuhan. Under the heading “Link met coronavirus?” the Het Laatste Nieuws journalist pointed out that since 2019 a number of 5G cell towers had been built around Wuhan. Could the two things be related? “I have not done a fact check”, Van Kerckhoven cautioned, before piling in. “But it may be a link with current events”. And so the fuse was lit.

On YouTube, obscure online talkshow hosts and vloggers started revealing “the truth” about 5G and coronavirus, racking up tens of thousands of views. Posts on Facebook made similarly outlandish claims, receiving only a few thousand views from a familiar and welcoming audience. For some time, the conspiracy theory would bounce across this echo chamber. But some weeks later, it started to break out, propelled by engagement algorithms that were smart enough to spot a viral trend but dumb enough not to notice the idiocy of its content.

Last edited:
Completely unfounded?

Completely unfounded?

Did you actually read your post? In medspeak..it says we don't know a thing about it..we haven't really investigated it..and while some allegations have been made, there is not an iota of proof. BTW..not a damn thing about Covid. i suggest you read it through again..with an open mind and an open scientific dictionary to hand.

Note..article from 2018

Completely unfounded?

Did you actually read your post? In medspeak..it says we don't know a thing about it..we haven't really investigated it..and while some allegations have been made, there is not an iota of proof. BTW..not a damn thing about Covid. i suggest you read it through again..with an open mind and an open scientific dictionary to hand.

Note..article from 2018

LOL post backfire. This is what it actually says, why didn't you quote it? If you are too stupid to understand it that's no one else's fault.

Preliminary observations showed that MMW increase skin temperature, alter gene expression, promote cellular proliferation and synthesis of proteins linked with oxidative stress, inflammatory and metabolic processes, could generate ocular damages, affect neuro-muscular dynamics. Further studies are needed to better and independently explore the health effects of RF-EMF in general and of MMW in particular.

iu

Attachments

• 1586737818722.png
    1586737818722.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 84
Completely unfounded?

Note..article from 2018

LOL post backfire. This is what it actually says, why didn't you quote it? If you are too stupid to understand it that's no one else's fault.

Preliminary observations showed that MMW increase skin temperature, alter gene expression, promote cellular proliferation and synthesis of proteins linked with oxidative stress, inflammatory and metabolic processes, could generate ocular damages, affect neuro-muscular dynamics. Further studies are needed to better and independently explore the health effects of RF-EMF in general and of MMW in particular.

iu
***chuckles***

that is exactly what I'm saying about YOU,,,dumbass! What..exactly, do you think..preliminary observations mean?> What was the methodology used..sample size..exposure duration and intensity? Knee-jerk conspiracy nutz like you should never attempt to do science. that link had more caveats in it than info---and again..not a thing about Chronovirus..you know..the topic of the thread. i note with amusement that you don't address that at all! You know..the false conspiracy BS that was being peddled. Any thoughts on that?

Your entire link is about RF-EMF..that's Radio frequency /electromagnetic frequencies, to you. One or two sentences about 5G..just to say that it has been, "very scarcely investigated" and relaying that a 5g network is being set up. It attempts to slyly insinuate that the same issues that have been alleged about RF-EMF may apply to 5g. To me..sounds like a scientific hack trying to stay relevant by ringing in 5g.

i bet you're an anti-vaxer,,,right?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back