Border residents express 'hopelessness'. "I can't believe the American people are just sitting by watching this unfold"

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
It is hard to believe that we just sit back and allow our country to be invaded.

Border residents express 'hopelessness' as migrants pour into Texas: 'Things are really going to go bad'​

Texas border residents said Friday they may have to "fend for themselves" and believe the border crisis will escalate with the expiration of Title 42.

Texas rancher John Sewell, Border Patrol wife Alison Anderson, and retired CBP officer Rosa Arellano joined "Fox & Friends" to discuss what they have experienced in their border communities and why they do not see it "getting any better."

"Unfortunately, I don't see it getting any better. I can't believe the American people are just sitting by watching this unfold. I've never been more disgusted in the direction of our country, almost to the point of homelessness," said Sewell, speaking from outside on his property near Uvalde.

It is hard to believe that we just sit back and allow our country to be invaded.

Border residents express 'hopelessness' as migrants pour into Texas: 'Things are really going to go bad'​

This may be an ‘issue’ for the hateful, bigoted, racist right – but the truth is this is just more fearmongering from conservatives.

“The border between the U.S. and Mexico was relatively calm Friday, offering few signs of the chaos that was feared following a rush by worried migrants to enter the U.S. before the end of pandemic-related immigration restrictions.”

You are right they weren't the same as under Jimmy Carter, thank God. I'm old enough to remember 15 percent inflation which Reagan quickly reversed.
Yeah, nothing better than 20% PLR and 10.5% UE under Reagan along with a tax increase disguised as a tax cut for the wealthy.

Living in Southern Arizona I can relate to this. Armchair NIMBYs continue to scoff at the disaster at our Southern Border, but it's going to find you, too.

This may be an ‘issue’ for the hateful, bigoted, racist right – but the truth is this is just more fearmongering from conservatives.

“The border between the U.S. and Mexico was relatively calm Friday, offering few signs of the chaos that was feared following a rush by worried migrants to enter the U.S. before the end of pandemic-related immigration restrictions.”

They are afraid that those from the South will do as the Americans from the North and East did when they migrated to the area, take it.

Blah blah blah. I started my career when Reagan took office, you can't bullshit me MoonPie. He was the greatest President of the modern era.
Really, your idea of a great president giving amnesty to illegals and giving them a future path through family relations? A guy who gave missiles and money to the Iranians?
I was in the army during Reagan and made the mistake of voting for him in 1980 and was most disappointed in the failed actor.

Forum List

Back