Books by women of some reknown

Questioner

Nov 26, 2019
I'm curious if anyone here has read many, if any books by women of some renown or notability, past, present of future.

(I generally discount individuals known mainly just for being an icon of childish or insipid media voyeurism, such as TV or mass media celebrities and politicians, as opposed to ones of some lasting repute or merit).

Off the top of my head, here are some authors:

1. Waris Dirie

2. Joan of Arc

3. Marie Curie

4. Virginia Woolf

5. Queen Victoria

6. Biblical women, matriarchs, or queens (e.x. Ruth, Queen Esther)

I've read others too (e.x. "War Virgin"), but they aren't as well known, and tend to be focused on subject matters rather than the woman or her biography itself (e.x. Marie Kondo; "Home Comforts", Emily Post) - eventually I may look at some examples of successful male or female entrepreneurs of the Millennial generation, or maybe some examples of men or women who have worked in legal professions (e.x. female supreme court justices like Sonia Sotomayor).

Last edited:
I prefer historical fiction written in the third person. Female authors tend to write in the first person.

th

The queen of science fiction.

*****SMILE*****

:)

women …. what the hell.

Seriously, on a religious note, though perhaps a bit at odds with Catholic dogma, Alice McDermonts the 9th Hour. I'm not a huge fan of her muse the NY Irish Catholic, but this offering is less about the social structure and more on the theme of sacrifice and redemption.

Forum List

Back