Bolt Cutters

I need them. Ok. So, I got a lock on the shed. I may have lost the key for real this time. I need that off. My thinking several years ago after my last lock was cut off and my lawn mower stolen was that I would get this lock that could not be broken.

But............now I need to break it. They seem to be in a range of prices. My kid will be back Monday so I'm hoping he can use it. I just need to know what kind to get.

TYIA

You dont own an angle grinder?
1621195129967.png

Hell,even a dremel would work.
It'd take a bit longer but it would do the trick.
1621195207290.png

I need them. Ok. So, I got a lock on the shed. I may have lost the key for real this time. I need that off. My thinking several years ago after my last lock was cut off and my lawn mower stolen was that I would get this lock that could not be broken.

But............now I need to break it. They seem to be in a range of prices. My kid will be back Monday so I'm hoping he can use it. I just need to know what kind to get.

TYIA

Who buys a super duty impregnable lock then forgets where they put the key?

I'd be looking to cut that thing off with an oxyacetylene torch. Good luck with those bolt cutters and protect your eyes.

Fuk it

I would get a hack saw and cut that metal bar

A hacksaw would just slide over the hardened steel.
Ya gotta use a grinder or bolt cutters.
I was thinking it might be better to cut though the hasp just for that reason...but even the hasp looks substantial and might be hardened.

Disir...is you watch that video above...being a SMARTKEY system...evidently you can rekey that lock with any kwikset 5 pin key easily at any time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00115YD4W/?tag=ff0d01-20

Buy a rekey kit and reset the lock...then you'll have two keys.

Last edited:

Fuk it

I was thinking it might be better to cut though the hasp just for that reason...but even the hasp looks substantial and might be hardened.

Disir...is you watch that video above...being a SMARTKEY system...evidently you can rekey that lock with any kwikset 5 pin key easily at any time.

Amazon product

The hardware the lock is installed on might be hack saw vulenrabl.

I have a set of 30" Knipex that I am real happy with. Not something I use very often though.....

TYIA

You dont own an angle grinder?
View attachment 490245
Hell,even a dremel would work.
It'd take a bit longer but it would do the trick.
View attachment 490246
I didn't even know such a thing existed.

Fuk it

Amazon product

That's fantastic. Thanks.

Forum List

Back