Blunders and Binders of Women

Blunders and Binders - NYTimes.com

First he isn't interested in the 47% that feel they are entitled. Then he is compiling binders of women. And of course, he wants women that work to have time to get home and make dinner.

You got to wonder about Willard's World....????

lol.....I think women are smart enough to kow that he was referring to binders of RESUMES...

Obviously you and anyone else who is outraged by the comment is NOT smart enough to know what he meant......but that is becuase anyone who is outraged is blinded by their admiration for Obama...which is a problem in itself.

But that being said...why do those that are outraged by the comment...all on the left mind you....feel women are so stupid that they need someone to lay out EXACTLY what they mean so they could understand what is being said?

I think Romney just awkwardly phrased the fact that he received binders with the names and resumes of qualified women. I see nothing wrong with that

The fact that this was his best response to what he will do to help women is more telling. To brag about the fact that he had to be taken by the hand as Governor and shown that there were, in fact, qualified women out there was pretty pathetic

And the question was about pay equality. How is his answer about the question?

lol.....I think women are smart enough to kow that he was referring to binders of RESUMES...

Obviously you and anyone else who is outraged by the comment is NOT smart enough to know what he meant......but that is becuase anyone who is outraged is blinded by their admiration for Obama...which is a problem in itself.

But that being said...why do those that are outraged by the comment...all on the left mind you....feel women are so stupid that they need someone to lay out EXACTLY what they mean so they could understand what is being said?

I think Romney just awkwardly phrased the fact that he received binders with the names and resumes of qualified women. I see nothing wrong with that

The fact that this was his best response to what he will do to help women is more telling. To brag about the fact that he had to be taken by the hand as Governor and shown that there were, in fact, qualified women out there was pretty pathetic

he was using an example from his past RW since hes been painted as being a gosh, "woman" hater.......:rolleyes:

awkwardly phrased? whats in those binders? resumes, hello...wtf should he have looked at ? a magazine? Playboy? seriously? dude...

The facts are that he had to be taken by the hand and shown how to hire women. Mitts anecdote was essentially.....Golly gee, there are qualified women out there

If it was 1930, it would be a good story. 2012......not so much

I can see a lot of women dressing as binders for Halloween. :lol:

Of course, the whole story he told about the binders turned out to be a complete lie, but it is Mitt after all. We've come to expect that.

Prove it liar

Sure thing, douche-nozzle.

Mind The Binder - Talking Politics

Looks to me like someone DID give him binders or resumes dummy....
from article:
They did the research and put together the binder full of women qualified for all the different cabinet positions, agency heads, and authorities and commissions. They presented this binder to Governor Romney when he was elected.

Fucking dummy... :eusa_hand:

he was using an example from his past RW since hes been painted as being a gosh, "woman" hater.......:rolleyes:

awkwardly phrased? whats in those binders? resumes, hello...wtf should he have looked at ? a magazine? Playboy? seriously? dude...

The facts are that he had to be taken by the hand and shown how to hire women. Mitts anecdote was essentially.....Golly gee, there are qualified women out there

You guys have to try to be this stupid... wow!!

So, let me get desperate, anyone have a hypocrisy meter handy?

Even at the lower estimate of 40 percent, the representation of women in Romney’s cabinet outdoes the average of today’s leading Democratic governors by double digits. President Obama’s cabinet is 36 percent women.

A look at nine governors in the Democratic Governors Association’s leadership ranks shows the average percentage of women in cabinet positions is 24 percent. If one takes the lowest number the Globe can produce for Romney—27.6 percent—even it outstrips the average of these governors. Despite eight years elapsing during which any number of women’s groups, governors, and binders could work together to improve representation, Gov. Bev Perdue of North Carolina’s cabinet sits at 9 percent representation. Perdue, also Vice Chair for the DGA, comes in lowest on the list, with a woman filling only one of 11 cabinet positions. Her Council of State Agencies includes several women, but Perdue’s office clarified they are not part of the cabinet.

Gov. Dan Malloy of Connecticut leads the pack by a long shot with women appointed to 18 of 45 commissioners’ positions for 40 percent representation, but still falls short of Romney’s percentages while governor of Massachusetts.

DGA Chair and Democratic rising star Gov. Martin O’Malley’s cabinet comes in at about 20 percent in Maryland, with women filling five of 24 cabinet positions. Gov. Pat Quinn’s numbers are identical in Illinois.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo of New York, Gov. Jack Markell of Delaware, and Gov. Peter Shumlin of Vermont all post 25-percent female representation in their cabinets. Gov. Christine Gregoire of Washington’s cabinet is 24 percent women while Gov. Brian Schweitzer of Montana outshines most of his peers with five women filling 17 positions— 29 percent. Arkansas and California round out the rest of DGA leadership, but Arkansas doesn’t have a formal cabinet and Gov. Jerry Brown’s office has not responded to a request for an official list. Full list of statistics below the story. Different states have cabinets of varying sizes and breadths, but statistics came from online cabinet lists or straight from the governors’ offices.

Snip-
Jane Edmonds, an African-American woman and self-described “liberal Democrat” who worked in Romney’s administration, spoke on his behalf at the Republican National Convention.

“One area where he made a positive difference is in improving the representation of women in senior positions in Massachusetts state government, ” Edmonds said. “This achievement happened because Mitt Romney cared about the issue, he took action to fix it, and he delivered results.”
More at
Romney cabinet’s women representation better than today’s leading Democratic governors « Hot Air

The desperation, in that some of you are shitting on the fact, that he aggressively appointed woman, is pretty ridiculous.....

that's nice....

and he still hasn't said he supports equal pay for equal work.

i understand that you probably don't get it.

That's because it's bs, I know you don't read anything other than the headlines of the NY Times, if you did, you just might get that.

Oh I see, he has not said it? :lol:

I can see a lot of women dressing as binders for Halloween. :lol:

Of course, the whole story he told about the binders turned out to be a complete lie, but it is Mitt after all. We've come to expect that.

Prove it liar

Sure thing, douche-nozzle.

Mind The Binder - Talking Politics

guess you missed my post or did you purposefully ignore it? Let's see if you do it again.
Romney's former lieutenant governor defends record on women
Kerry Healey explains 'binder' project, says working with Mitt was an 'extraordinary' experience
Romney's former lieutenant governor defends record on women | Fox News Video
Today 08:44 PM

You guys have to try to be this stupid... wow!!

Mitts initial response was that as a Republican he would provide jobs for everyone.
As usual, it shows he is clueless as to the struggles of women. He came off as condescending and unable to understand the question at hand
His "binder" anecdote showed he had little understanding of what is involved in ensuring equal opportunities for women

The desperation, in that some of you are shitting on the fact, that he aggressively appointed woman, is pretty ridiculous.....

that's nice....

That's because it's bs, I know you don't read anything other than the headlines of the NY Times, if you did, you just might get that.

he was asked a fairly simple question about what his position was on the ledbetter law. he went into a diatribe about how he had binders of women brought to him and then went on to talk about women needing flex time.

i'm sorry... what part of that does someone like you actually think means he supports legislation assuring equal pay for equal work?

that's nice....

he was asked a fairly simple question about what his position was on the ledbetter law. he went into a diatribe about how he had binders of women brought to him and then went on to talk about women needing flex time.

i'm sorry... what part of that does someone like you actually think means he supports legislation assuring equal pay for equal work?

Oh wait thats what this thread is about? :lol:

"Someone like me"?

What's next?

"you people"? :rolleyes:

Does Obama sptt. Equal pay?

But data from the Obama White House’s 2011 annual report show that female staffers there earn a median salary 18 percent lower than that of men.
And nearly four years ago, at the height of the 2008 election season, Scripps Howard syndicated columnist Deroy Murdock wrote that female staffers in Obama’s U.S. Senate office, too, were shortchanged.

“Obama’s average male employee earned $54,397,” Murdock determined from online Senate salary records. But the future president’s “30 female employees … [earned] $45,152, on*average.”

By contrast, 2008 Republican presidential nominee Sen. John McCain paid his female staffers higher average salaries than his male employees at the time, with women earning an average of*$55,878 and men taking home*$53,936.

More at-
Democrats focus on equal pay issue while Obama White House pays women less - Yahoo! News

Maybe, someone should have asked him, then candy could have followed up with this "fact"......:eusa_whistle:

that's nice....

:lol: It really was awkward when he answered that question in that manner...

because it really shouldn't have been so difficult for him to say "of course i support equal pay for equal work"

the fact that he couldn't spoke volumes.

the left and Obama has NOTHING, so they have to resort their focus on stupid shit..

the New Yorkslimes used to be the paper of record, now they are just a National Enquire of the Democrat party

Another idiot article by the Charlie Blow..I wish he'd do us a favor and blow it out his ass....oh wait, he does

Yes they keep coming up with incredibly stupid things that they try and build into an issue of some sort. This "binder" one is so pathetic that it is amusing.

"Someone like me"?

What's next?

But data from the Obama White House’s 2011 annual report show that female staffers there earn a median salary 18 percent lower than that of men.
And nearly four years ago, at the height of the 2008 election season, Scripps Howard syndicated columnist Deroy Murdock wrote that female staffers in Obama’s U.S. Senate office, too, were shortchanged.

“Obama’s average male employee earned $54,397,” Murdock determined from online Senate salary records. But the future president’s “30 female employees … [earned] $45,152, on*average.”

By contrast, 2008 Republican presidential nominee Sen. John McCain paid his female staffers higher average salaries than his male employees at the time, with women earning an average of*$55,878 and men taking home*$53,936.

More at-
Democrats focus on equal pay issue while Obama White House pays women less - Yahoo! News

Maybe, someone should have asked him, then candy could have followed up with this "fact"......:eusa_whistle:

i'm sorry...an article from the daily caller isn't very compelling to me and shouldn't be to anyone else.

the reality is that the president signed the ledbetter law which was only necessary because the far right judges on the court eviscerated employment laws in the ledbetter case.

and if romney were elected, he'd appoint more judges like that... and if an amendment came to him which would cut the legs off of the ledbetter law, he'd sign it.

and ultimately, that's why he couldn't say that he supports the law.... because all those people telling their employees that they'll lose their jobs if they don't vote against their own interests don't want it.

because it really shouldn't have been so difficult for him to say "of course i support equal pay for equal work"

the fact that he couldn't spoke volumes.

Right, because Obama says he does but, apparently.......:eusa_whistle:

guess you missed my post or did you purposefully ignore it? Let's see if you do it again.
Romney's former lieutenant governor defends record on women
Kerry Healey explains 'binder' project, says working with Mitt was an 'extraordinary' experience
Romney's former lieutenant governor defends record on women | Fox News Video
Today 08:44 PM

Sorry, but that doesn't change the gross inaccuracies in his debate claims.

"Someone like me"?

What's next?

More at-

i'm sorry...an article from the daily caller isn't very compelling to me and shouldn't be to anyone else.

the reality is that the president signed the ledbetter law which was only necessary because the far right judges on the court eviscerated employment laws in the ledbetter case.

and if romney were elected, he'd appoint more judges like that... and if an amendment came to him which would cut the legs off of the ledbetter law, he'd sign it.

and ultimately, that's why he couldn't say that he supports the law.... because all those people telling their employees that they'll lose their jobs if they don't vote against their own interests don't want it.

The reality is you've been told Romney hates woman and like the sheep you are, you believe it, but you ignore the link because its yahoo , wait the daily caller wrote it.......See, it's just to much to believe eh? I feel sorry for you, seriously.

What about the other link to the stats on dem. governors n
And their staff? Nothing to see there right? :lol:

Oh wait, hmmm,..
Book: Women in Obama White House felt excluded and ignored - The Washington Post

Or

Christina Romer News, Photos and Videos - ABC News

Wash Po and abc on the no go list too?

Forum List

Back