Bloomberg Helping Ex Felons In Florida To Vote

This is how to get around the new Florida scheme to prevent former felons from voting in Florida.

Bloomberg is paying their fines and restitution. He's paying for over 31 thousand ex felons fines so that they can vote in the election this November.

So nearly 32 thousand more people in Florida will be able to vote in November.

I wonder how the governor and the republicans in Florida are going to prevent them from voting now. I'm sure they are working hard to come up with another scheme to take voting rights away from legal voters.

Your posts kill more brain cells than alcohol

This is how to get around the new Florida scheme to prevent former felons from voting in Florida.

Bloomberg is paying their fines and restitution. He's paying for over 31 thousand ex felons fines so that they can vote in the election this November.

I wonder how the governor and the republicans in Florida are going to prevent them from voting now. I'm sure they are working hard to come up with another scheme to take voting rights away from legal voters.

Florida Republicans will be looking for ways to suppress those votes.

While I do believe that once people have served their time and made their restitution their voting rights should be restored, it certainly says something about your party that you assume ex felons are going to vote Democratic, doesn't it?

Where does it say anything about anyone voting for a specific party?

Why do you jump to such a conclusion?

All the post was about is Bloomberg helping ex felons be able to vote. It says nothing about how anyone is going to vote.

I do wonder how the republicans in Florida are going to prevent them from voting now. I'm sure they have another scheme in the works to take voting rights from people who are legally able to vote.

They lost their voting rights because they wAbere criminals, and felons to boot, as part of their punishment for their crimes.

Should they get their 2nd amendment rights back as well?
Absolutely not----criminals make bad life decisions and thusly should not be making choices for others ever.

They lost their voting rights because they were criminals, and felons to boot, as part of their punishment for their crimes.

Yes

Automatically? Get out of Jail and get your guns back?
If you are done with yer sentence and paid yer fines sure, why not?

It depends on the crime...

Murder, rape and crimes of that nature that used violence then no...

White Collar and drug dealing like pot then maybe yes...

While I do believe that once people have served their time and made their restitution their voting rights should be restored, it certainly says something about your party that you assume ex felons are going to vote Democratic, doesn't it?
Well, there's a reason why the gop is fighting restoration of rights even though it passed on popular vote.
Oh I live in florida and you want to talk about corrupt bs to get them legal to vote. What they did is take all those vote on questions like 30 of them at once....and combined them into two unrelated ones at a time and then had people vote yes or no which would count both initiatives. These all should have been tossed out.........this should be illegal as hell. Yes there was initiate to get felons the right to vote but it was attached to another measure like upping property taxes to sneak it in. And even worse, they didn't explain this on the form--we just got this long run on measures that didn't make sense----but what it was meant to hide the sneak ins.

Apparently, I'm smarter than you are

All the post was about is Bloomberg helping ex felons be able to vote. It says nothing about how anyone is going to vote.

I do wonder how the republicans in Florida are going to prevent them from voting now. I'm sure they have another scheme in the works to take voting rights from people who are legally able to vote.
Felons are overwhelmingly democrat hun. Census actually keeps stats on this.

They lost their voting rights because they were criminals, and felons to boot, as part of their punishment for their crimes.

Yes. Violent crimes being a possible point of exception.

Yes

Automatically? Get out of Jail and get your guns back?
If you are done with yer sentence and paid yer fines sure, why not?

It depends on the crime...

Murder, rape and crimes of that nature that used violence then no...

White Collar and drug dealing like pot then maybe yes...

In any case you should have to petition a court to get your rights back, and prove to a judge you deserve it.

And voting goes along with 2nd amendment rights as well, so you are not just trusting them with the vote, but with RKBA.

Really, it says something for the pathetic state of the electorate that such a critical point of contention is premised on who they'd vote for.

This should be a purely constitutional issue.

Yes. Violent crimes being a possible point of exception.

As I said in my other response, in any case you should have to go before a judge to get them back.

The judge took them, it makes sense they can return them.

As I said in my other response, in any case you should have to go before a judge to get them back.

The judge took them, it makes sense they can return them.

Oh, I wasn't even judging anything, marty. It's just the way I post, man. I usually just flip through the posts, maybe add some relevant terms of controversy, sometimes not.

Does it strike you as funny that the presumption is that nearly all felons will vote for Democrats. Doesn't that bother you just a bit or make you think "Hmm, I wonder why the lawless tend to vote for the party I support?"

Apparently, I'm smarter than you are

Not all felons are democrats.

Are you really going to stereotype that?

For example, roger stone is a felon. He won't vote democrat.

If they vote democrat what is the problem?

I am not a partisan hack. I'm an Independent. I've voted a variety of parties through the decades. I don't care how people vote. I care that they vote. I care that those who have paid their debt to society should get their voting rights restored. I'm happy that Bloomberg is helping those ex felons get their voting rights back. No matter how they vote.

Democracy needs people to vote. Not voting harms democracy and representative government. No matter what party a person votes for it's important for them to vote and have their voice at the ballot box.

Finally, countless people have given their lives so that we can vote. Women had to fight even more for the right to vote. I support everyone voting so that the sacrifices of those before us aren't for nothing.

Why do you have a problem with this? You should be happy that more people can vote.

Why aren't you happy about that?

Democrats know they've lost the "law-abiding citizen" vote so they need rapists, murderers and drug dealers to vote for them.

It is just adaucious how much Democrats simply assume that they wont be prosecuted for this shit. They know the DC Establishment has their back.

Beyond Bloomberg, several philanthropic groups have poured money into paying off debts owed by felons - including a nonprofit founded by LeBron James. Bloomberg's effort, meanwhile, is "narrowly focused only on Black and Hispanic voters" whose debts are less than $1,500.
"Mike wanted to get this done for two reasons," a Bloomberg adviser told the Post. "One, because it’s the right thing to do for the democracy. And two, because it immediately activates tens of thousands of voters who are predisposed to vote for Joe Biden."
The Bloomberg memo pointed out that the 31,790 targeted voters, including 25,548 who are Black, are nearly equivalent to the margin by which Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis won election in 2018, and about three times as big as the margin that elected Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.) that same year.
It said Florida voters have largely already made up their minds about the November election, leaving “only a small margin of voters that are targets for persuasion.” -Washington Post
"We know to win Florida we will need to persuade, motivate and add new votes to the Biden column," reads the document. "This means we need to explore all avenues for finding the needed votes when so many votes are already determined."

Buying votes is a Democrat tradition, but it is illegal and they dont give a shit.

Forum List

Back