Bloomberg Attacks Liberals!

Liberals are the bullies?

Conservatives put a lot of effort into bullying universities into following the right's dictates on what is or isn't politically correct.

So you really CAN"T read, huh?

And get it right: Liberals are Fascists.

The bottom line is that Goldberg wants to attach a defaming epithet to liberals and the left, to “put the brown shirt on [your] opponents,” as he accuses the liberals of doing (p. 392). He goes about this task with a massive apparatus of scholarly citations and quotations. But Goldberg’s scholarship is not an even-handed search for understanding, following the best evidence fully and open-mindedly wherever it might lead. He chooses his scholarly data selectively and sometimes misleadingly in the service of his demonstration. - See more at: History News Network | The Scholarly Flaws of "Liberal Fascism"

History News Network | The Scholarly Flaws of "Liberal Fascism"

Democrats have been at war with freedom of speech for decades. The ironically named "fairness doctrine" aka "hush rush" is a prime example. According to former 60's radical turned conservative author, David Horowitz, every high profile conservative speaker has been the victim of assault on a college campus sometime in their career. Racist left wingers threatened Dr. Condie Rice with bodily harm if she spoke at Princeton so she was forced to cancel.

The Fairness Doctrine was halted before Rush began broadcasting his show nationally. But don't let that stop you from proclaiming his victim hood.

Love the bit about Rice too. Princeton? Really? Bodily harm? Got a link?

While the size of drinks in itself may be minor, the belief that's a legitimate use of government force to dictate drink sizes is not minor at all. What would someone who believes that believe is not a power of government?

locally those things happen by the people for the people...

iirc in nyc the local board of health recommended protecting the public from their ignorance of health hazards in gulping tons of sugar on a daily basis.

still, no one is stopping new yorkers form buying ten small gulps if that's what they really want...we don't have a 'right' to big gulps so bfd.

No, telling people what food they can buy is not a normal board of health power. One of the businesses I owned was a restaurant. While they are a pain in the ass and jerks about inspections, their regulations all go to the safety of the food. Things like making sure you don't end up with floor cleaner in them or meat that can make you sick. There was nothing about serving sizes and I am not aware of such regulations being common at all.

Furthermore, it's Democratswho push crossing the line of making our choices for us in business. If he's trying to appeal across the aisle, that's an issue that should be greatly remembered.

yeah the board of health did not have the power to change the law but they made a recommendation to local lawmakers, which is exactly what i said...

and fyi bloomberg was not elected as a Democrat. :thup:

Bloomberg switched his party registration in 2001 to run for mayor as a Republican. He defeated opponent Mark Green in a close election held just weeks after the September 11 terrorist attacks. Bloomberg won a second term in 2005 and left the Republican Party two years later.[4] He campaigned to change the city's term limits law and was elected to his third term in 2009 as an independent candidate on the Republican ballot line.

Michael Bloomberg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
The reason you rarely hear of conservatives protesting a speaker at a conservative college is that conservative colleges rarely invite people of diverse opinions in the first place.

Why would they, conservatives don't support diversity, it gets it the way of dogma.

Diversity? You're all about diversity today? How many Universities allow the teaching of Intelligent Design as a counter to the Theory of Evolution? Let's see just how "diverse" you remain.

They tried to but since ID has found no evidence as of yet of any design it was too one sided.

Design

I found a dimpled spider, fat and white,
On a white heal-all, holding up a moth
Like a white piece of rigid satin cloth --
Assorted characters of death and blight
Mixed ready to begin the morning right,
Like the ingredients of a witches' broth --
A snow-drop spider, a flower like a froth,
And dead wings carried like a paper kite.

What had that flower to do with being white,
The wayside blue and innocent heal-all?
What brought the kindred spider to that height,
Then steered the white moth thither in the night?
What but design of darkness to appall?--
If design govern in a thing so small.

Robert Frost

Little Mikey Bloomberg did it again!

After 'Israel's #1 ally," Barack Obama, had the FAA shut down flights to Israel.....
a. hitting Israel's economy
b. rewarding Hamas terrorists.....

...Mikey sticks his finger in Obama's eye!

"Michael Bloomberg flying to Israel to protest FAA ban

....flying to Israel tonight on the Israeli airline El Al to protest a Federal Aviation Administration ban on U.S. carriers flying to or from Ben Gurion International Airport in Tel Aviv.

....to show solidarity with the Israeli people and to demonstrate that it is safe to fly in and out of Israel,"..."
Michael Bloomberg flying to Israel to protest FAA ban - The Washington Post

I knew there was a reason I voted for him!

Until the FAA ban is lifted I will avoid drinking more than a 16 ounce soda!!!

First witness: Mayor Michael Bloomberg...Liberal?

Michael Bloomberg Ain't No Liberal!

but...

PoliticalChic, in 2011:

Mayor Bloomberg is a dyed-in-the-wool Liberal, and hardly a 'profile in courage.'

http://www.usmessageboard.com/4354707-post12.html

lol, the heartbreak of conservative derangement...

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds,..."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

"...sometimes I wish I could stop you from talking, when I hear the silly things you say..."

Elvis Costello

but...

PoliticalChic, in 2011:

Mayor Bloomberg is a dyed-in-the-wool Liberal, and hardly a 'profile in courage.'

http://www.usmessageboard.com/4354707-post12.html

lol, the heartbreak of conservative derangement...

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds,..."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

"...sometimes I wish I could stop you from talking, when I hear the silly things you say..."

Elvis Costello

Every single day...another permutation of the Liberal desire: "... I wish I could stop you from talking,...."

Why are Liberals soooooooo fearful of an opposing opinion???

Oh....because they are totalitarians who demand lock-step obedience to their version of God......big government.

Forum List

Back