BLM criticizes Thanksgivng

What makes you think BLM is just finding this out? My parents told me and everyone I grew up with knew about it.

"They want to say colonization has been normalized? wtf does that mean..."

it means white people want to make excuses for continued celebration of colonization. You celebrate Columbus day and he was a fucking mass murderer.

"you want me to slit my wrists for you and bleed out? I was born.. lived some sort of childhood without hurting anyone... got a job.. ran a business for a while struggled to get a house like many people... so far, no indiginous person has knocked on my door asking for the land back."

This isnt about you. No one even mentioned your name in the BLM statement.

"These people have the goal, just like progressives of minimizing if not elimination every American holiday, tradition or anything we have that binds us together as a people. "

Thanksgiving doesnt bind us together. If it did slavery would have never existed. See what I mean about white people making excuses for glorifying colonization? Think of it like this. It would be like making a holiday commemorating the slaughter of all the european Jews and then claiming it brought us together.

I don't celebrate Columbus day, it never was a thing in my demographic. Thanks giving has become a holiday where we are thankful for our blessings and we celebrate that with a large meal... it also has become a time for sharing. I can understand why leftists hate this. And no.. we don't glorify colonization.. thats a dog whistle of leftist, eletist communists.
Yes slavery still would have existed because up until that point in history, it always had. It was the first time however that a country was created where the standard was set that all men were created equal in the eyes of god and that therefore we had unalienable rights ... individuals are not answerable to a king or to an all controlling centralized government. The fact that the standard and that goal took a long time to take effect for black people and others, does not take away the importance of those words and that goal.
All things do not occur in a linear fashion as well when it comes to social changes throughout our history, though people like to simplify for convenience.

You don’t know that. Not everything ever done by whites was evil.
Yes I do know that. When the whites came over they brought disease which wiped out the people resisting the theft of their land. That's a historical fact. All that was left was sell outs trying to get in good with the whites.

"Not everything ever done by whites was evil."

That may be true but doesnt really have any relevance to what we are talking about.

Yes I do know that. When the whites came over they brought disease which wiped out the people resisting the theft of their land. That's a historical fact. All that was left was sell outs trying to get in good with the whites.

That may be true but doesnt really have any relevance to what we are talking about.
So when are you moving off your land and giving it back?

Yes it does. There is no way to know that the Pilgrims did not have a peaceful meal with the natives. What it really comes down to if you don’t wish to celebrate then don’t.

It was the first time however that a country was created where the standard was set that all men were created equal in the eyes of god and that therefore we had unalienable rights
This was prior to the hypocritical proclamation by whites that all men were created equal even while owning slaves.

Forum List

Back