Blame Michele Bachmann, S&P Sure Does

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Michelle Bachmann Is The Reason The US Lost Its AAA Rating

S&P senior director Joydeep Mukherji told POLITICO's Josh Boak Thursday that the downgrade was partially predicated on the fact that “people in the political arena were even talking about a potential default."

“That a country even has such voices, albeit a minority, is something notable,” he added. “This kind of rhetoric is not common amongst AAA sovereigns."

Bachmann voted against every plan offered to raise the debt limit, and said she would only consider raising it if it also repealed President Barack Obama's signature achievement — health care reform.

Her hard-line stance was just one on display last night. Asked if they would accept a deal to cut the federal deficit that included tax increases — even by a 10:1 ratio — all eight candidates on stage said they would not sign such a bill into law.

S&P blamed such steadfast opposition to raising revenues as another reason for the downgrade.

Bachmann's statements on the debt ceiling come off either as stunningly uninformed about the issue, or deliberately misleading. Either way, this line of attack will only weaken her campaign with mainstream and business voters.

And there's their final answer.:clap2:

Her hard-line stance was just one on display last night. Asked if they would accept a deal to cut the federal deficit that included tax increases — even by a 10:1 ratio — all eight candidates on stage said they would not sign such a bill into law.

One of many reasons why no one in the GOP is fit to be president.

Bachmann's statements on the debt ceiling come off either as stunningly uninformed about the issue, or deliberately misleading. Either way, this line of attack will only weaken her campaign with mainstream and business voters.

Not only Bachmann but her supporters as well.

• Banned

One of many reasons why no one in the GOP is fit to be president.

Not only Bachmann but her supporters as well.

I can't figure out why I'm not used to it yet. Every day, they say completely insane things. She's come undone. And every day, I cannot believe my ears. I need to be jaded! :(

So S&P said:

That a country even has such voices, albeit a minority, is something notable,” he added. “This kind of rhetoric is not common amongst AAA sovereigns."

But Obama stating that we won't be able to pay SS payments and VA payments he was not speaking of default?

Obama said:

“I cannot guarantee that those checks go out on August 3 if we have not resolved this issue, because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it,” Obama said.

Or how about this one:

Obama:

"When it comes to all the checks, not just Social Security -- veterans, people with disabilities -- about 70 million checks are sent out each month; if we default then we’re going to have to make adjustments." Still later, Obama said if House Republicans "are not willing to make sure we avoid default, then I think ... that they would have to take responsibility for whatever problems arise in those payments.

You're not capable of discussing the subject at hand? I'm sorry, I shall have to add you to the list. Buh-bye, now.
You throw up some opinion piece where the one opining says it was Bachmanns fault.....That's about as credible as you.

You're an idiot.

S&P has said that if Cut Cap and Blance had passed, there would not have been a down grade. The dem idiots blocked it........It is Obama's downgrade, you hack......He signed the bill....He had the veto power.....it's HIS downgrade.......He owns this economy outright.

Did you not even see when that downgrade happened, Rhodes scholar?

It happened after Obama signed that bill......A bill that Bachmann did not vote for, nor did the rep's from the Tea Party.

Case closed, Period!

Christ, liberals are fuckin' idiots!:cuckoo:

Dumber than fuckin' rocks.

Last edited:
You're not capable of discussing the subject at hand? I'm sorry, I shall have to add you to the list. Buh-bye, now.

As far as I can tell, the subject at hand on this thread (that YOU started) is: how people in the political arena are partially to blame because they “were even talking about a potential default”.

And, as the poster pointed out, lots of people were talking about that – including the democrats and especially Obama (who even threatened the public with it).

Oh, I'm heartbroken. Your subject was what SP said ( feel free to read your own link) -- which was:

S&P senior director Joydeep Mukherji told POLITICO's Josh Boak Thursday that the downgrade was partially predicated on the fact that “people in the political arena were even talking about a potential default."

“That a country even has such voices, albeit a minority, is something notable,” he added. “This kind of rhetoric is not common amongst AAA sovereigns
."

S&P DID NOT mention any politician. You on the other hand want to pick just one who spoke of default and forget that our president did too. You do realize he is included in those spewing rhetoric about default don’t you? That which YOUR article spoke of-- "political rhetoric about default". You posted a link and you don’t even want to discuss what your link stated. But hey, if it floats your boat to pretend-- go for it.

LOl, they really want the American people TO BELIEVE this shit.

First it was the Tea Party, now it's Bachmann, next week it will be someone else OTHER than that those saints, the Democrats.

“That a country even has such voices, albeit a minority, is something notable,” he added. “This kind of rhetoric is not common amongst AAA sovereigns."

Bachmann voted against every plan offered to raise the debt limit, and said she would only consider raising it if it also repealed President Barack Obama's signature achievement — health care reform.

S&P blamed such steadfast opposition to raising revenues as another reason for the downgrade.

So the 4 TRILLION dollars of debt added since the beginning of the Big 0's reign has had no effect on the downgrade at all?

Cue the circus music.

Amazing a site that calls itself, business insider can be AND say such dumb shit.

Why Obama Failed:

Bank ATM's

Airport kiosks

Boooooooooooooooosh

The Tsunami

Locusts

Tea Party

Michelle Bachmann

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. ... It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our government's reckless fiscal policies." -- Barack Hussein “Shovel-ready was not as … uh .. shovel-ready as we expected (laughs)" Failed Leader Obama

You may be applauding this..but this is also the first time any ratings company used this sort of rationale for downgrading.

It's appalling really.

There is an objective mathematical formula that is used to calculate the integrity of a financial instrument.

And they got the math wrong.

I don't agree at all with what the S&P did. They cost a good deal of money overall to some people that can ill afford to lose it.

You may be applauding this..but this is also the first time any ratings company used this sort of rationale for downgrading.

It's appalling really.

There is an objective mathematical formula that is used to calculate the integrity of a financial instrument.

I don't agree at all with what the S&P did. They cost a good deal of money overall to some people that can ill afford to lose it.

Once again, the Capital Markets totally disagree with S&P

It's appalling really.

Once again, the Capital Markets totally disagree with S&P

Amazing, isn't it?

Cut Cap and Balance was an adult response.

Obama's de facto "I won't agree to any deal that doesn't kick the can past the end of my one miserable term" not so adult

I'm informed that S&P's decision was apparently based on the possibility that the USA finds the political will NOT to pay its bills.

Not that it cannot, but that it might choose not to, as was so evident during the debates about the debt ceiling.

Forum List

Back