Blacks have equal rights but fail to take advantage of what America has to offer (Take 2)

Paleman
Many higher educated Whites and Asians cannot compete against their own counterparts so why do you believe that Blacks should be exempted from the rigors and disappointments encountered in job searches without crying racism?

Wells Fargo held fake job interviews with black applicants to boost its diversity stats but the jobs had already been promised to white people (Click on Pic)

1653089571660.png

Yt folks will do everything BUT not be racist (lol)

When I think of Wells Fargo, I think double-dealing, shady, racket, hoax - it’s entire business structure is a long ass con-game. They will literally sacrifce their health in order to maintain white supremacy

You could not pay me to bank with them. The corruption has no bottom.
Why did you ignore the first part of my argument?
Paleman
Many higher educated Whites and Asians cannot compete against their own counterparts so why do you believe that Blacks should be exempted from the rigors and disappointments encountered in job searches without crying racism?

Wells Fargo held fake job interviews with black applicants to boost its diversity stats but the jobs had already been promised to white people (Click on Pic)

1653089571660.png

When I think of Wells Fargo, I think double-dealing, shady, racket, hoax - it’s entire business structure is a long ass con-game. They will literally sacrifce their health in order to maintain white supremacy

Why did you ignore the first part of my argument?--------
"Even after completing undergraduate and graduate degrees, black and Hispanic workers earned less than non-Hispanic white workers with the same, or often less, education."
Will you at least admit that just because someone has a particular degree doesn't make them proficient in any job category? Is it not possible that regardless of education, a minority could still be less qualified when competing against whites or Asians.
Waiting for an intelligent answer.

So many whites and 3 Asians in this forum are completely clueless about the black community but create thread after thread full of their opinions on black communities. A question was asked of Paul abot why blacks don't pool money to start businesses. Now a question like that should disqualify that particular white person from these kinds of discussions but this is USMB.

First off, whites have a long history of burn, loot and murder pertaining to successful black businesses Then there was the highway system that built freeways through black neighborhoods thereby destroying those neighborhoods and the business therein.

So lets get to some facts.

A trade deficit occurs when a country's imports exceed its exports. This is also called a negative trade balance. While much is made about foreign trade deficits, and we heard many rants about that during the reign of President number 45, Americans face internal trade deficits or a negative trade balance of our own making. People of all races spend their money in businesses owned by whites, but such trade/business is not reciprocal. In 2020, there were 5.9 million employer businesses in America, 134,567, or 2 percent, were owned by blacks. According to the U.S. Department of Commerce Minority Business Development Agency, there are just over 3.1 million non-employer Black-owned businesses in the United States. Blacks/African Americans, who, as is so astutely stated in reference to crime, make up 13% of the U.S. population, own less than 10 percent of all the businesses in the country, and generate less than one-half of 1 percent of the total business receipts. There are 3,671 public companies in the United States, and blacks own eight. That number equals less than ¼ of 1 percent of all publicly traded companies in America. While blacks who can, invest in white-owned businesses, whites who can invest don’t appear to be investing in black companies.

Venture capital is perhaps the biggest obstacle with black start ups operating with minimal capital which hampers potential longevity. But talking facts to you guys only gets snark, excuses and then the simple quick white opinion that will be employed as a counter and people making those opinions will really think they said something substantive. But this attitude is costing America money. White racism is the prime cause of our deficit. Refusal to employ people of color or pay them equally creates citizens on public assistance instead of tax paying contributors.

So keep it up and watch America crumble.

Paleman

Uh, guy, most companies operate like that.

The reality, a reference will get you further than the best written resume!

So you are a manager, who are you going to hire?

The person a trusted employee recommends, based on her past experience working with that person?
or

A person who sent in a resume, but you don't know him from Adam.

Now, the goofy Affirmative Action laws we have state that even though a company has a candidate in mind, they are STILL REQUIRED to interview for it, and fill out all the EEO paperwork. It's frankly a lot of crap.

The whole process of interviewing is kind of messes up on all ends... you'd never get married after two dates, but we make long term work commitments/relationships based on two interviews.

So, um, yeah, the internal candidate or the friend of a friend is ALWAYS going to have the advantage. Always.

So many whites and 3 Asians in this forum are completely clueless about the black community but create thread after thread full of their opinions on black communities. A question was asked of Paul abot why blacks don't pool money to start businesses. Now a question like that should disqualify that particular white person from these kinds of discussions but this is USMB.

First off, whites have a long history of burn, loot and murder pertaining to successful black businesses Then there was the highway system that built freeways through black neighborhoods thereby destroying those neighborhoods and the business therein.

Wow, the expressways, seriously?

Hey, how about Japanese-Americans. During WWII, they lost EVERYTHING THEY HAD. They were carted off to concentration camps, speculators swooped in and stole all their property. But the funny thing happened, after the war, the worked hard, put their noses to the grindstone (proverbially) and built back businesses and careers. And not because their fellow Americans learned to love Japanese people. Quite the contrary.

A trade deficit occurs when a country's imports exceed its exports. This is also called a negative trade balance. While much is made about foreign trade deficits, and we heard many rants about that during the reign of President number 45, Americans face internal trade deficits or a negative trade balance of our own making. People of all races spend their money in businesses owned by whites, but such trade/business is not reciprocal. In 2020, there were 5.9 million employer businesses in America, 134,567, or 2 percent, were owned by blacks. According to the U.S. Department of Commerce Minority Business Development Agency, there are just over 3.1 million non-employer Black-owned businesses in the United States. Blacks/African Americans, who, as is so astutely stated in reference to crime, make up 13% of the U.S. population, own less than 10 percent of all the businesses in the country, and generate less than one-half of 1 percent of the total business receipts. There are 3,671 public companies in the United States, and blacks own eight. That number equals less than ¼ of 1 percent of all publicly traded companies in America. While blacks who can, invest in white-owned businesses, whites who can invest don’t appear to be investing in black companies.

Well, it's an idiot rant, whether it comes from you or Trump. I run a trade deficit with Walmart, but I get the benefit of the things I buy from Walmart. The point is, if blacks are spending their dollars with black businesses, it's because they see a benefit to dealing with white businesses.

Venture capital is perhaps the biggest obstacle with black start ups operating with minimal capital which hampers potential longevity. But talking facts to you guys only gets snark, excuses and then the simple quick white opinion that will be employed as a counter and people making those opinions will really think they said something substantive. But this attitude is costing America money. White racism is the prime cause of our deficit. Refusal to employ people of color or pay them equally creates citizens on public assistance instead of tax paying contributors.

White businesses are fine with hiring people of color. Can't tell you how many Hispanics and Asians I've worked with over the years. And white people are happy to hire them because SHIT GETS DONE.

Now, if bosses don't have the same attitudes about blacks, is it because they are part of a vast racist conspiracy, or is it because they ran into one idiot with an attitude like you or Paul?

Now, I am at the tail-end of my career. I can't say I made the right call on every decision. Shit, I've made mistakes. But I've also spent the last 45 years developing skills and demonstrating value to employers, which is how I went from working in a pizza place at 16 to where I am an expert in my field and own my own consulting business. But sure, tell everyone it was because of "White privilege" if it makes you feel better.

Because white racism is not just about material wealth, the racism successful blacks have to endure should not be, and I know that the statistics do not support your claim.

Blacks are 13 percent of the population but have 2.7 percent of the wealth.

This is why I don't respond to your opinions.
You do not endure any racism.

When you hate white people with a vengeance and treat them like shit, guess what -- they reflect your hatred right back on you. That isn't racism. It is people responding to your rudeness.

Wow…massive amount of cleaning, off topic derailments, flaming etc. warnings given as well. Probably missed some too. As a reminder, the topic on this one is easy, look at the title. Calling out members to flame and attacking members rather than the argument isn’t going to fly.

Last edited:
Why do some people believe this?

What people believe this? And how many?

You didn't provide a link supporting your claim, so we'll need to have that information to better understand 1 - the nature of the statistics. And 2 - the basis for your question. That's how functional discussion/debate works.

But you knew that already. Right?

Last edited:
What people believe this? And how many?

You didn't provide a link supporting your claim, so we'll need to have that information to better understand 1 - the nature of the statistics. and 2 - the basis for your question. That's how funcrtional discussion/debate works.
A poster here made that claim and it is not a new one. So you can either answer the question like all the others or leave.

No, I think I'd prefer to expand on the discussion.

So I'll just go ahead and wait for you to provide a link to your claim.

You donlt get to dicatate the terms of controversy on what something 'seems' like just because you have a problem with a previous poster of the caucasian pursuasion on some other thread.

Thanks.
The discussion has expanded. I posted the OP and that's the question to answer. I will dictate the conversation in threads where I am the OP.

The discussion has expanded. I posted the OP and that's the question to answer. I will dictate the conversation in threads where I am the OP.
Lol. Dictate? Ok, mein fuhrer. You dope.

No. Your OP kind of sets forth the foundation of the discussion. If you wanna change it, use another thread. You know you can do that, don’t ya?

Affirmative action - Wikipedia

Affirmative action refers to a set of policies and practices within a government or organization seeking to include particular groups based on their gender, race, sexuality,
When something seeks to include, it means something was excluded.

Using Wikipedia for a policy discussion is kind of lazy.

Forum List

Back