Black Widow

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
Okay, so I went to see this movie today... Not necessarily because I wanted to see this movie, I kind of checked out of the MCU some time ago. But I felt a need to go back to the theater to get a feeling of "Normalcy" in our lives.

That said. This wasn't a bad movie. It was the typical Marvel Formula for one of these movies, and it would have been quite a good movie if it hit the theaters between Captain America: Civil War and Avengers: Infinity Wars. It was the standalone movie the character kind of deserved.

Except we know this character dies in Avengers: Endgame . So the dramatic aspect is kind of lost. You know she doesn't die here, she dies later.

Still, that said, most of the movie was pretty good. The ending was a bit over the top, but again- it's a Marvel movie, I'd expect nothing less.

Is this another comic book movie?...I wish Hollywood would stop treating us like we are all ten....how about an adult movie?....for a change....

Liberalism is not a mental disorder.
It is a fungus that grows on heavily urinated beds.

:thup::clap2::clap2::clap2:

, so I went to see this movie today... Not necessarily because I wanted to see this movie, I kind of checked out of the MCU some time ago. But I felt a need to go back to the theater to get a feeling of "Normalcy" in our lives.

That said. This wasn't a bad movie. It was the typical Marvel Formula for one of these movies, and it would have been quite a good movie if it hit the theaters between Captain America: Civil War and Avengers: Infinity Wars. It was the standalone movie the character kind of deserved.

Except we know this character dies in Avengers: Endgame . So the dramatic aspect is kind of lost. You know she doesn't die here, she dies later.

Still, that said, most of the movie was pretty good. The ending was a bit over the top, but again- it's a Marvel movie, I'd expect nothing less.
It was an okay movie but pretty bad for a MCU movie.

So many plot holes, long drawn out scenes with “the family”, so pacing was slow.

7d5.gif

Okay, so I went to see this movie today... Not necessarily because I wanted to see this movie, I kind of checked out of the MCU some time ago. But I felt a need to go back to the theater to get a feeling of "Normalcy" in our lives.

It's just not worth seeing in the theaters. But it's not a bad watch.

It's just not worth seeing in the theaters. But it's not a bad watch.

LIke I said, I wanted that theater experience.

Keeping in mind, the other best thing they had to offer was Cruella. I'm still wondering how that movie got made.

"Hey, you remember the villainess from 101 Dalmatians? Let's do a movie where she's an edgy anti-hero."

"you want to do a movie about a woman who wants to kill and skin puppies?"

Avengers overall has been spectacular. The top 10 movies are stunning. Some mediocrity in places but overall a blast. I’d put this one in the middle 12-16 of the 24 movies

Black Widow was decent. Scarlet is her usually stunning self. The action is good and a strong splattering of comedy. The story feels small in light of the recent storylines but I didn’t mind. I won’t rewatch it a zillion times like the top movies but glad it was made and enjoyed myself. I’m convinced she’s coming back.

1. Infinity wars
2. Endgame
3. Black panther
4. Spider-Man Homecoming
5. Spider-Man far from home
6. Guardians of the galaxy
7. Avengers
8. Ragarock
9. Civil-war
10. Ironman.
11.winter soldier
12 tie. Guardians 2, dr strange, black widow, ant man 1&2,
17 tie cap marvel, first avenger, ultron
Sucky: Thor, hulk, iron man 2&3,

Avengers overall has been spectacular. The top 10 movies are stunning. Some mediocrity in places but overall a blast. I’d put this one in the middle 12-16 of the 24 movies

Black Widow was decent. Scarlet is her usually stunning self. The action is good and a strong splattering of comedy. The story feels small in light of the recent storylines but I didn’t mind. I won’t rewatch it a zillion times like the top movies but glad it was made and enjoyed myself. I’m convinced she’s coming back.

1. Infinity wars
2. Endgame
3. Black panther
4. Spider-Man Homecoming
5. Spider-Man far from home
6. Guardians of the galaxy
7. Avengers
8. Ragarock
9. Civil-war
10. Ironman.
11.winter soldier
12 tie. Guardians 2, dr strange, black widow, ant man 1&2,
17 tie cap marvel, first avenger, ultron
Sucky: Thor, hulk, iron man 2&3,
Iron Man should be #3. You're nuts.

Iron Man should be #3. You're nuts.
Meh. I find people are nostalgic for Iron Man since it kicked it all off. I find it a wee bit slow and the suit and CGI are good not great. It’s in my top 10 so I liked it a lot. Just not above spidey, Guardians, Panther and a few other favs.

Forum List

Back