Black lives matter assemble excluded whites

Rouse, who has been principal at the school for seven years, said the decision to allow only black students was based in an idea known as affinity grouping. In an affinity group, the philosophy is that students of one racial persuasion are able to express themselves fully and safely.

"In order for us to move forward, I believe the affinity group is the safe way for us to move forward in a safe environment," he said.

Rouse said as a black man, he knows firsthand that it can be challenging to be open in a mixed-race group.

"I found it has been far easier for me to talk about my experiences with racism with individuals that look like me," he said. "I still struggle myself with talking about my experiences with people who don't look like me."

I can understand the issue of comfort and ability to speak one's mind. No, not racist but I would hope they could come to a point where other races could be added.

Would the OP consider it racist if whites did the same thing? As we know, in many issues and situations, blacks and other races have been excluded and continue to be excluded.

Rouse, who has been principal at the school for seven years, said the decision to allow only black students was based in an idea known as affinity grouping. In an affinity group, the philosophy is that students of one racial persuasion are able to express themselves fully and safely.

"In order for us to move forward, I believe the affinity group is the safe way for us to move forward in a safe environment," he said.

Rouse said as a black man, he knows firsthand that it can be challenging to be open in a mixed-race group.

"I found it has been far easier for me to talk about my experiences with racism with individuals that look like me," he said. "I still struggle myself with talking about my experiences with people who don't look like me."

I can understand the issue of comfort and ability to speak one's mind. No, not racist but I would hope they could come to a point where other races could be added.

Would the OP consider it racist if whites did the same thing? As we know, in many issues and situations, blacks and other races have been excluded and continue to be excluded.

Oh. So when I want to express myself openly and more comfortably. ...its ok to demands blacks and mexicans get the fuck out?

Of course, you'd feel completely different if it was a white's only assembly. Right?

Right...

Dishonest and dishonorable as always.

Oh. So when I want to express myself openly and more comfortably. ...its ok to demands blacks and mexicans get the fuck out?

But you actually are a racist, so why would we expect any different from you?

But you actually are a racist, so why would we expect any different from you?

I am?

I treat all races the same and hold all to the same expectations. Thats racist?

I mock people who think skin color matters in any way. Racist?

Pretty amazing that a public school would have an event where they would literally turn away students from a school sanctioned event based on skin color.
I see no way this could be justified.

Pretty amazing that a public school would have an event where they would literally turn away students from a school sanctioned event based on skin color.

People like DontTazeMeBro thinks its just fine. Only whites must be impartial.

1) A.K.A. - circle jerking.

2) "I found it has been far easier for me to talk about my experiences with racism with individuals that look like me," he said. "I still struggle myself with talking about my experiences with people who don't look like me." - by definition a racist statement. As well as just plain ignorant.

3) Rouse said as a black man, he knows firsthand that it can be challenging to be open in a mixed-race group. - yeah, because God forbid you discuss matters with people who you perceive might disagree with you.

So all in all - the man is an ignorant racist. And imposed that ignorance and racism on the kids in his school. Creating divisions.

People like DontTazeMeBro thinks its just fine. Only whites must be impartial.

False. The Constitution prohibits the government from discriminating along the basis of race and that is exactly what happened here.

Let a white only gathering through affinity grouping be held and you'd be the first one calling it racist.

New Topics

Forum List

Back