black employee sueing home depot over not letting them wear blm logos

Let them wear what they want.

Who cares?

In fact, probably many customers will refrain from interacting with anyone wearing that kind of nonsense.

Who cares?

In fact, probably many customers will refrain from interacting with anyone wearing that kind of nonsense.

Because there are many people that find such attire offensive. When you go to work, you work. When you want to express your political views, do so at home. Don't bring your politics to work. This is why most all sports viewership and Hollywood awards shows are tanking in the ratings.

To me, this matter should all depend on how much the stuff being worn sticks out. If its something small like a bracelet or a badge, then in my opinion, there shouldn't be so much of an issue.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

When you work somewhere you take money in exchange for doing what they tell you to and during that time you represent the company so if they don't want you wearing say cut off jean shorts, a tank top, or a BLM shirt then you don't wear it. If you don't like it go work somewhere else. Every company has a dress code of some sort.

It's blacks like that though that make me dislike all blacks. Everytime they don't get their way they scream racism.

If I were in a store and saw some employee with a BLM shirt on I'd probably leave to be honest. I don't want to talk to or support those people. Besides, it's a fucking hardware store, no personal or social agendas have a place there.

I hope they lose the case.

so home depot cant hav a dress code casue it mkakies blm mad,. so crazy.
Tell the employee if he wants to wear BLM attire he can go work for. BLM. Better yet, tell all the employees they can wear anything supporting an organization, cause or slogan; including, “All Lives Matter”. Watch Black Employee’s head explode.

I hope they lose the case.

I think it's a waste of time and money on their part. The problem is we don't have a Loser Pays All law in this country and Home Depot will have to pay big bucks to their legal team for defense.

Here is the NLRB claim from the link in the OP:

According to the NLRB, the actions taken by Home Depot were a violation of the National Labor Relations Act, which protects the rights of workers to join to improve their working conditions under what’s known as “protected concerted activity”.

Jennifer Hadsall, the NLRB regional director who issued the complaint, said the agency “protects employees’ rights to raise these issues with the goal of improving their working conditions” and that “it is this important right we seek to protect in this case”.

What judge or jury in the world would agree that wearing shirts with radical messages on them would improve working conditions? It's such a stupid claim before the case is even heard. If anything, it could create a conflict with other workers. If I were working at Home Depot, and they allowed lowlifes to wear BLM shirts, then I would claim the right to wear a MAGA shirt or red cap.

Who cares?

or shopping at the store.

their store. if that's there dress code, don't do it.

I think it's a waste of time and money on their part. The problem is we don't have a Loser Pays All law in this country and Home Depot will have to pay big bucks to their legal team for defense.

Here is the NLRB claim from the link in the OP:

According to the NLRB, the actions taken by Home Depot were a violation of the National Labor Relations Act, which protects the rights of workers to join to improve their working conditions under what’s known as “protected concerted activity”.

Jennifer Hadsall, the NLRB regional director who issued the complaint, said the agency “protects employees’ rights to raise these issues with the goal of improving their working conditions” and that “it is this important right we seek to protect in this case”.

What judge or jury in the world would agree that wearing shirts with radical messages on them would improve working conditions? It's such a stupid claim before the case is even heard. If anything, it could create a conflict with other workers. If I were working at Home Depot, and they allowed lowlifes to wear BLM shirts, then I would claim the right to wear a MAGA shirt or red cap.
Judges are allowed to award court costs and defense fees if they determine the suit to be frivolous.

KEWL. I'm gonna get a job there and sue for not being allowed my hood !
58af8701c36188d03f8b4611.jpg

Forum List

Back