Black activists take police shoot/no shoot training; Come away stunned; they shot

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Shoot or don t shoot Police scenarios prove eye-opening for civil rights leaders Fox News

Some Black Panther police protesters. ..decided to take a training opportunity with a police department in which they were acting as a cop in a stressful situation involving force. The result? They were shocked how fast it happens in real life, how quickly THEY decided to shoot...and how often they fired...and how they shot even when the suspect didnt have a gun.

They also came away saying cops need mlre and better training (agree) and that we shouldnt judge cops instantly because we dont understand what its like.

And thats with a fake gun and fake bad guy...where you KNOW theres no chance you get hurt. Imagine how they'd act if it was real.

I commend them for volunteering for this too. It shows they want to understand the other sides point of view. And thats how problems are solved.

Maupin said stressful situations still don't justify excessive force by police. But obeying cops is "a matter of survival," he said.“I walked away with a renewed sense of compliance in any situation,” he said. “There’s no shame in it.“I encourage all civil right leaders to take this training,” he added. “I know there’s truth to the other side."

Thats what the black leader of Arizona protests said after he took the training. I applaud him for doing so. Thats how we bridge the gap.

Sheriff Joe has invited Al Sharpton to come go through the same training scenarios.

You know...to show us all how to really police.

So far..Al has declined.

Oh boy, this doesn't help the Agenda.

No it doesnt. But these men should be applauded. They stepped up and tried to see what its like. Now...they speak from a slightly more informed perspective. Good for them.

They must think that police should just be blown away and never attempt to defend themselves. Why are there so many stupid people within the black community?
Why are there so many stupid gimps in the gimp community?

They must think that police should just be blown away and never attempt to defend themselves. Why are there so many stupid people within the black community?

Others might. But these men are real leaders. They took the time to go through the training. It shows me they TRULY want to know tbe issue and help improve it. And they see it more from thr cops perspective now.

Will Sharpton take the same opportunity? Doubt it.

Shoot or don t shoot Police scenarios prove eye-opening for civil rights leaders Fox News

Some Black Panther police protesters. ..decided to take a training opportunity with a police department in which they were acting as a cop in a stressful situation involving force. The result? They were shocked how fast it happens in real life, how quickly THEY decided to shoot...and how often they fired...and how they shot even when the suspect didnt have a gun.

They also came away saying cops need mlre and better training (agree) and that we shouldnt judge cops instantly because we dont understand what its like.

And thats with a fake gun and fake bad guy...where you KNOW theres no chance you get hurt. Imagine how they'd act if it was real.

I commend them for volunteering for this too. It shows they want to understand the other sides point of view. And thats how problems are solved.

GOOD GOOD GOOD-----when I was a kid---in high school-----"DRIVER ED." was compulsory in my high school--------they should change the COMPULSION---to
"BE A COP FOR A TEN WEEKS" -----only in the gym
of course----the temporarily empowered kids must
be -----monitored carefully"

No it doesnt. But these men should be applauded. They stepped up and tried to see what its like. Now...they speak from a slightly more informed perspective. Good for them.

Education and truth are always a good thing.

Yep. And these black leaders are actual leaders. They went to get informed via police training. They came away and told how it felt and with a new message for their people: stop resisting .

I'm actually starting to gain a little respect for Quanell.
He's the one who told the crowd marching on city hall in Freeport not to long ago that the officer had no choice but to shoot a man that was threatening harm to a young lady.
The protesters dispersed on his word.
Big ups for Quanell..for the second time. I hope he continues to be sensible so in the future I'll look more closely when the he says the black community has a grievance.
Unlike Al...

I'm actually starting to gain a little respect for Quanell.
He's the one who told the crowd marching on city hall in Freeport not to long ago that the officer had no choice but to shoot a man that was threatening harm to a young lady.
The protesters dispersed on his word.
Big ups for Quanell..for the second time. I hope he continues to be sensible so in the future I'll look more closely when the he says the black community has a grievance.
Unlike Al...

Absolutely. Hes a true leader. Hes trying to be completely informed and make a positive difference for his community. Hes not race hustling for profit. Hes truly trying to help black people do better.

Very positive. And if a man like him asks "Dont you think cops maybe could back off some of the petty tickets they write in the community. .."....id agree and be more than willing to listen...because hes coming from an honest place.

He is trying to see it from the cops side. And when he asks to see something from their side...hes making the progress that heals and creates better practices. Unfortunately. ..Sharpton and company undo all the good that may come of this.

The "agenda" is based on not wanting innocent people to get shot and killed by the police.
I've never thought change through force works, it just makes each side more protective.
That was a smart thing to do...hopefully it will continue on both ends.

The "agenda" is based on not wanting innocent people to get shot and killed by the police.
I've never thought change through force works, it just makes each side more protective.

Not sure what your trying to say.
Cops dont shoot people because they want to and it's important that the black community knows this. Thats the message here.
Dont act the fool and you'll go home alive,because that cop doesnt know what you're thinking.

I agree. Innocent people should never be shot by a cop.

Mike Brown wasnt innocent. He robbed a gas station then assaulted a cop and tried to take his gun.

The Cleveland incident...sadly...the kid was pointing what appeared to be a gun at people, and reached for that gun when cops arrived.

Its rare a truly innocent person is shot. Some have happened. But most of the hot topic protest shootings. ..dont fit that.

Forum List

Back