"Bishop" Romney Urged Single Mother to give up Baby

No, and when I see a vicious rattlesnake, I don't wait for proof it never bit anyone before taking it's head off with a shovel.

So in other words you are one of those hyper lynchers- a judge juror and executioner.

Mitt Romney is a Mormon. He has held elected office and never instituted any kind of theocratic law and yet you JOE KNOW he needs to have his head removed because you JOE KNOW you are right about his motives :cuckoo:

I know Mormons can't be trusted. Ever.

Kind of the end of the conversation for me. Of course, everything I find out Willard Mitt Romney kind of confirms my worst suspicions.

Is that kind of like saying Everthing I learn about black people from Al Sharpton confirms my worst suspicions that they are all violent and can't be trusted?

Is that about the size of it?

Yeah some had that thought of JFK and his Catholicism...

Joey? You're an idiot.

T, you really think the Catholics are in the same league as the LDS cult, you are delusional.

Belief in powers above Humanity is a 'Cult'...Really?

Son? You could use a large dose of humility.

Good point T; believing humans are the ULTIMATE in the universe seems conceited, and self centered.

So in other words you are one of those hyper lynchers- a judge juror and executioner.

Mitt Romney is a Mormon. He has held elected office and never instituted any kind of theocratic law and yet you JOE KNOW he needs to have his head removed because you JOE KNOW you are right about his motives :cuckoo:

Kind of the end of the conversation for me. Of course, everything I find out Willard Mitt Romney kind of confirms my worst suspicions.

Is that kind of like saying Everthing I learn about black people from Al Sharpton confirms my worst suspicions that they are all violent and can't be trusted?

If they all got their orders from Al Sharpton, maybe.

But all mormons get their orders from Monson... Even Mitt.

080101super_mitt_romney.jpg

What about Sharpton is violent?

By the way..he was nearly killed by a white man..and he went to the prison to forgive the guy.

Not "selfish" at all. Most of those research centers accept government funding...or did you forget about the "Faith Based Initiatives".

I think that's Unconstitutional.

Unfortunately no one has the stones to challenge it in court.

So you believe the money given to religious medical institutions that seek cures and save the lives of children with parents that couldn't otherwise afford the medical procedures to save their children is bad

BUT

GIVING MONEY TO COMPANIES LIKE SOLYNDRA AND GM IS JUST FINE?

Your priorities are fucked dude.

Yep.

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

And the Constitution backs me on that.

Except giving money to an institution that happens to be religious in nature is NOT passing a law respecting the establishment of religion and it certainly isn't prohibiting the free exercise thereof.

T, you really think the Catholics are in the same league as the LDS cult, you are delusional.

No. Beleiving Joseph Smith was talking to God is a cult.

Being required to give testimony on demand is a cult.

Being required to wear magic underwear is a cult.

Not that I think religion is a good thing, but the difference between a religion and a cult is how much they try to control your life.

Like using your position as a "bishop" to tell a woman to give away her baby.

So Romney you fear will impose his 'Cult' on the rest of us...when it is known that Mormons are very strong on the Family?

Son? Your are eaten up with a case of the dumbass.

Even if everything you say is true, which is debatable, Rommey is STILL better than obama. He STILL did a better job as governor than obama has done as president.

Good point T; believing humans are the ULTIMATE in the universe seems conceited, and self centered.

I can't speak for the whole universe. Nor would I persume to.

However, a belief in Gods, Angels, Pixies, Leprechauns, Fairies, or other magical beings is just superstition...

And if we can't purge the obvious frauds like Mormonism, growing beyond the rest of it is a tall order.

So you believe the money given to religious medical institutions that seek cures and save the lives of children with parents that couldn't otherwise afford the medical procedures to save their children is bad

BUT GIVING MONEY TO COMPANIES LIKE SOLYNDRA AND GM IS JUST FINE?

Except that the Church isn't in the Medical Business for the good of humanity.

They are in the medical business to make money. And they get a lot of special tax breaks to do so, which I personally have no problem with.

But here's the thing, they should follow the same fair labor practices everyone else has to follow when conducting business... and that means providing proper coverage for their employees.

Birth control is cheap. The Catholic entities do provide proper coverage- They are free, by the their first amendment rights, to not provide a product that contradicts their religious beliefs- No one in forcing said employee to work for such an organization.

so the fact he's hiding his Theocratic tendencies should make us more comfortable?

So you have proof while a governor of MA he tried to rule that state as a theocracy? :cuckoo:

The state-sponsored atheism crowd promote the lie that if you believe in God and state that publicly, then you support theocracy.

It's all part of their propaganda...

PropagandaNaziStabsBible.gif

What bullshit.

Nazis were Christian.

By the way..you hold that most Americans are Christian, right?

Well how do you account for the nearly 600K Filipinos slaughtered, the nearly 3 million Koreans slaughtered and the nearly 4 million Vietnamese slaughtered?

Christian Charity?

Having the opinion that a child might be better off with parents that can actually afford to raise it is beyond belief. My God how could anyone think that!!!!

Then for the greater good of children we should have laws that require the surrender of the babies of the poor to families that are better off. Eh?

It was one person's opinion.

No one advocated any laws. What's the big deal.

How many other single mothers have been asked by people if they thought about adoption?

It happens every day and to pretend that because Romney said it the thought is somehow abhorrent is ludicrous.

BUT

GIVING MONEY TO COMPANIES LIKE SOLYNDRA AND GM IS JUST FINE?

Yep.

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Except giving money to an institution that happens to be religious in nature is NOT passing a law respecting the establishment of religion and it certainly isn't prohibiting the free exercise thereof.

Sure it is.

What part of it isn't?

No. Beleiving Joseph Smith was talking to God is a cult.

Being required to give testimony on demand is a cult.

Being required to wear magic underwear is a cult.

Not that I think religion is a good thing, but the difference between a religion and a cult is how much they try to control your life.

Like using your position as a "bishop" to tell a woman to give away her baby.

So Romney you fear will impose his 'Cult' on the rest of us...when it is known that Mormons are very strong on the Family?

Son? Your are eaten up with a case of the dumbass.

Mormons are very strong on their version of the family. Not necessarily what would work for the rest of us. And that's the problem.

If you religionists kept your stupidity in your houses and chruches, I probably wouldn't have so much of a problem with you.

Yeah some had that thought of JFK and his Catholicism...

Joey? You're an idiot.

Yep.

People like you, T.

They were called the John Birch Society. The called JFK a commie and a Catholic Manchurian man.

Neat trick.

Having the opinion that a child might be better off with parents that can actually afford to raise it is beyond belief. My God how could anyone think that!!!!

Then for the greater good of children we should have laws that require the surrender of the babies of the poor to families that are better off. Eh?

How many other single mothers have been asked by people if they thought about adoption?

It happens every day and to pretend that because Romney said it the thought is somehow abhorrent is ludicrous.

There Are Up To 36 Couples Waiting For Every One Baby Placed For Adoption

BUT GIVING MONEY TO COMPANIES LIKE SOLYNDRA AND GM IS JUST FINE?

Except that the Church isn't in the Medical Business for the good of humanity.

They are in the medical business to make money. And they get a lot of special tax breaks to do so, which I personally have no problem with.

But here's the thing, they should follow the same fair labor practices everyone else has to follow when conducting business... and that means providing proper coverage for their employees.

Birth control is cheap. The Catholic entities do provide proper coverage- They are free, by the their first amendment rights, to not provide a product that contradicts their religious beliefs- No one in forcing said employee to work for such an organization.

My problem is, that shouldn't be their call. Proper medical treatment should be determined by the doctor and the patient, not government, churches, insurance companies or employers.

Unless you want to do the breathtakingly rational thing and have single payer for the whole country...

Yep.

Sure it is.

What part of it isn't?

How is giving money the same as passing a law?

How is it prohibiting the exercise of religion?

Sure it is.

What part of it isn't?

How is giving money the same as passing a law?

How is it prohibiting the exercise of religion?

You have to put up legislation to allow funding to take place. It isn't one guy opening up his wallet. And this isn't about the exercise of religion..this is about supporting one.

There Are Up To 36 Couples Waiting For Every One Baby Placed For Adoption

Exactly.

How many social workers counsel young single mothers in a bad situation to consider putting the kid up for adoption?

I guess when a government employee does it it's OK but in a person does the same while acting as a representative of a church it's a bad thing.

Hypocrisy at its best.

Forum List

Back