"Bishop" Romney Urged Single Mother to give up Baby

Why on earth should being religious make anyone cringe?

Oh I dunno. The Christian Dark Ages? The Spanish Inquistion? The Ottoman Empire? The Crusades? The pillaging of Constantinople? The Salem Witch Trials? The Holocaust?

Nothing to see there right?

:lol:

Been around for any witch hunts lately? Good times there buddy let me tell ya /common sense

I don't know, Sarah Palin's church had a witch hunter named Thomas Muthee over as a special guest.

Building that bridge to the 16th century...

The very fact that Romney is a "Bishop" should make people cringe. It's sad it doesn't.

Theocracy sucks.

If Romney spoke like Santorum I might agree with you.

But he doesn't....

so the fact he's hiding his Theocratic tendencies should make us more comfortable?
:lmao:

What are these theocratic tendencies you think Romney has, Joe?

Do they exist in your head, or have you seen some evidence of his promoting one?

I mean, he was governor for some time. Is Mass a theocracy now? Is it close?

So, what are these theocratic tendencies you "see", Joe?

As an aside- do any other conservatives remember in the 08 campaign how liberals asserted that it would be us attacking Mitt Romney for his Mormonism? Riiiiight~

So you believe the money given to religious medical institutions that seek cures and save the lives of children with parents that couldn't otherwise afford the medical procedures to save their children is bad

BUT GIVING MONEY TO COMPANIES LIKE SOLYNDRA AND GM IS JUST FINE?

Your priorities are fucked dude.

Except that the Church isn't in the Medical Business for the good of humanity.

They are in the medical business to make money. And they get a lot of special tax breaks to do so, which I personally have no problem with.

But here's the thing, they should follow the same fair labor practices everyone else has to follow when conducting business... and that means providing proper coverage for their employees.

So you believe the money given to religious medical institutions that seek cures and save the lives of children with parents that couldn't otherwise afford the medical procedures to save their children is bad

BUT GIVING MONEY TO COMPANIES LIKE SOLYNDRA AND GM IS JUST FINE?

Your priorities are fucked dude.

Except that the Church isn't in the Medical Business for the good of humanity.

They are in the medical business to make money. And they get a lot of special tax breaks to do so, which I personally have no problem with.

But here's the thing, they should follow the same fair labor practices everyone else has to follow when conducting business... and that means providing proper coverage for their employees.
Non-profits make a profit, in your mind.

Liberals advise women daily about killing unborn children and somehow THIS is the issue you want to latch onto.

Desperation

I think there's a major difference between supporting a woman's right to choose and using your position as a church elder to pressure someone in a weaker economic position into doing something they don't want.

I don't know of any liberal who "advises" women to have abortions. Most people who are "pro-choice" think that should be a decision between a woman and her doctor.

Let Romney have a say in this condemnation:

NOTE:

Romney would later deny that he ever threatened excommunication, and a review of the LDS church guidelines shows that the church does not often excommunicate members in situations like this. As bishop, Romney didn’t have unilateral authority to excommunicate Hayes--that decision would have been made by a council of regional lay leaders after discussing the matter with her—and failing to give up a child for adoption is not considered a grave sin.

The Mormons also claim they don't shun members who leave their church, but that's a lot of malarky.

Oh I dunno. The Christian Dark Ages? The Spanish Inquistion? The Ottoman Empire? The Crusades? The pillaging of Constantinople? The Salem Witch Trials? The Holocaust?

Nothing to see there right?

Been around for any witch hunts lately? Good times there buddy let me tell ya /common sense

I don't know, Sarah Palin's church had a witch hunter named Thomas Muthee over as a special guest.

Yeah because an African spiritualist visiting a pentecostal church means Sarah Palin believes in witch hunts :cuckoo:

If Romney spoke like Santorum I might agree with you.

But he doesn't....

so the fact he's hiding his Theocratic tendencies should make us more comfortable?

Do they exist in your head, or have you seen some evidence of his promoting one?

The fact he belongs to a cult that wants to establish "God's Kingdom on Earth".

The fact that the folks in Massachusetts threw him out after one term when they realized what a horrible mistake they made is hardly comforting.

I think there's a major difference between supporting a woman's right to choose and using your position as a church elder to pressure someone in a weaker economic position into doing something they don't want.

I don't know of any liberal who "advises" women to have abortions. Most people who are "pro-choice" think that should be a decision between a woman and her doctor.

NOTE:

Romney would later deny that he ever threatened excommunication, and a review of the LDS church guidelines shows that the church does not often excommunicate members in situations like this. As bishop, Romney didn’t have unilateral authority to excommunicate Hayes--that decision would have been made by a council of regional lay leaders after discussing the matter with her—and failing to give up a child for adoption is not considered a grave sin.

The Mormons also claim they don't shun members who leave their church, but that's a lot of malarky.

That isn't true; I have seen no SHUNNING.

NOTE:

And when you were shunned, you were never able to get past the butthurt of it.

Yeah because an African spiritualist visiting a pentecostal church means Sarah Palin believes in witch hunts :cuckoo:

Yeah, it is pretty cuckoo, isn't it?

This is the fucking 21st Century. We know there are no witches and never were.

But...um...wait, the bible says there are and we should kill them.

Ummmm....hmmmmm.... yeah, I know that's a tough one for bible thumpers. How could a perfect God got that one wrong?

So you have proof while a governor of MA he tried to rule that state as a theocracy? :cuckoo:

No, and when I see a vicious rattlesnake, I don't wait for proof it never bit anyone before taking it's head off with a shovel.

So in other words you are one of those hyper lynchers- a judge juror and executioner.

Mitt Romney is a Mormon. He has held elected office and never instituted any kind of theocratic law and yet you JOE KNOW he needs to have his head removed because you JOE KNOW you are right about his motives :cuckoo:

The fact he belongs to a cult that wants to establish "God's Kingdom on Earth".

The fact that the folks in Massachusetts threw him out after one term when they realized what a horrible mistake they made is hardly comforting.
Thanks.

Those theocratic tendencies exist in your head.

You might want to consider asking your physician for some Valium. You're unhinged about this.

Yeah, it is pretty cuckoo, isn't it?

This is the fucking 21st Century. We know there are no witches and never were.

But...um...wait, the bible says there are and we should kill them.

Ummmm....hmmmmm.... yeah, I know that's a tough one for bible thumpers. How could a perfect God got that one wrong?

LOL yeah it's the 21st century and according to Wicca there are witches- but I digress. A spiritualist who believes in spiritual warfare visiting a Pentecostal church makes Sarah Palin a witch hunter?

Thomas Muthee (born c. 1955)[1] is a Kenyan preacher and bishop. During the 2008 United States Presidential campaign, his visit to the Wasilla, Alaska Assembly of God in 2005, including a blessing that he gave Sarah Palin, was widely discussed. His prior claims of successful spiritual warfare in Kiambu, Kenya involving an alleged witch known as "Mama Jane" also came under specific scrutiny. In addition to his Alaskan visits, Muthee has spoken to churches in multiple European countries and is involved in humanitarian work in Africa.

Forum List

Back