Births fall to 42-year low in U.S.

Birth rates go up and birth rates go down. A declining birth rate is not a huge deal. More young couples are figuring out they don't want kids but instead want careers and to travel and have nice things. It's their choice and we should not encourage them otherwise.
In the US birth rates have only gone down since about 1950. By design.

Don’t you see the problem? Societies that fail to reproduce are invaded, submerged, oppressed by societies with healthy population growth.

Life is ups and downs. You get to the top, and you're already sowing the seeds of your demise.

Being rich reduces birth rates. Poorer countries will have more kids. Natural.
Many wealthy countries become decadent and self-destruct.

Yes, it's more PEOPLE than countries. I think people need to learn to be less selfish, it goes against our nature. Though the Germanic and Scandinavians seem to have found the best balance.

Don’t you see the problem? Societies that fail to reproduce are invaded, submerged, oppressed by societies with healthy population growth.
We will no longer be able to afford Social Security and Medicare. We will need to end those programs.

We will no longer be able to afford Social Security and Medicare. We will need to end those programs.

No, what we do is increase the contributions for those still working. Eventually when the costs are too much, people will side with getting rid of government programs like this and opt for the private market, which is what Democrats fear the most. That's why they never increased the employee and employer contributions to these programs.

... just ask any stranger. Tell them that you were reading two people in a discussion on a blog. Don't tell them one of the people is you. Ask them what they think of a younger healthy guy calling an older guy with severe medical condtions that had to go on disability a welfare queen. I guarantee you most if not all will say the guy who's name calling is a complete lowlife scum of the earth; that he must have had a completely Fd up upbringing to write something so low.

Try it, I dare you.
You spent YEARS here badmouthing people with your racist bullshit and now that you are in a different spot you are crying about getting some of your own medicine? Fucking hypocrite pussy.

And that is exactly what you are doing.

I am? What do you disagree with about my medical records? Oh, that's right, you've never seen them like the government doctor that took me out, nor the many doctors that had to go through that huge record at Social Security, and didn't even question it. They never called me in for a personal interview, never asked me to come in for an examination by their doctors. Since I am a patient at one of the most popular and trusted facilities in the world--the Cleveland Clinic, they seen all they needed to see.

You spent YEARS here badmouthing people with your racist bullshit and now that you are in a different spot you are crying about getting some of your own medicine? Fucking hypocrite pussy.

I take very little offense to that coming from a troll. It's a shame you are too fucken stupid to understand the difference between people who can work and don't, and those that can't. But what should I expect from a commie leftist.

Did your parents make that decision?

No, but what does that have to do with it? They made their decision and I made mine. .......

They were fabulously wealthy when you were conceived?

The reality is if the person you're replying to was born before 1972, his parents didn't make any decisions.

If that person was born before 1960, the pill wasn't available so the only way a couple could prevent a pregnancy was through either getting her tubes tied or he has a vasectomy. Which since that poster is alive, his parents didn't use any sort of birth control and had no choice when his mother became pregnant.

If anyone has paid any attention, birth rates have been declining ever since the pill became available.

Which shows only one thing. Women don't want to have a bunch of kids. They want at most, 2 children. Which is the normal size of a family since the pill was available.

Before the pill, a family with 4 kids was usually the size of an average family in America.

No. Like most parents in the 60's, dad went to work and mom stayed home with us kids. We weren't poor but we weren't wealthy. We lived in a small apartment upstairs from my grandmother in Cleveland, and dad built us a new house in the suburbs and we moved there when I was 7 years old.
Sounds like a good family. But YOU learned somewhere along the way that being self-centered and alone was more important than life and family? What a despicable excuse for a human being.

It's a very good thing that person didn't reproduce.

He didn't pass on his genes and didn't have children to poison their minds to keep the hate alive from one generation to another.

Also, such a self centered and selfish person has no business raising children. They don't have the capacity to love anyone other than themselves.

The children would have grown up abused and neglected with a father who doesn't have the capacity to love them.

That is no way for a child to have to grow up.

Deciding not to have children is probably the one and only good decision that person ever made in his lfe.

Before the pill, a family with 4 kids was usually the size of an average family in America.
All well and good but a nation with a declining birth rate is a serious thing and it's not only the
USA that's in this fix.
Japan, Russia, Bulgaria etc. are part of a general pattern.

It's a very good thing that person didn't reproduce.

He didn't pass on his genes and didn't have children to poison their minds to keep the hate alive from one generation to another.

Also, such a self centered and selfish person has no business raising children. They don't have the capacity to love anyone other than themselves.

The children would have grown up abused and neglected with a father who doesn't have the capacity to love them.

That is no way for a child to have to grow up.

Deciding not to have children is probably the one and only good decision that person ever made in his lfe.

Strange comment from a person who belongs to a party that promotes parents being two daddies or two mommies, but the idea that some people in this country take responsibilities like not having a family they were unsure they could afford just kills you. Because as a leftist, you believe that what a leftist wants, everybody should want. What a leftist doesn't want, nobody should have.

You see we on the right have a different outlook on that. If you want something that doesn't bother me, have it. If you don't want something like guns in your home, don't have guns in your home. I won't be critical of either. As a real American, I believe that choice is freedom. The more choices you have, the more freedom you have, just as long as your freedom doesn't infringe on the happiness of others.

Now at the age of 61, I have no regrets on my decision to not have children. I do have other regrets; most people do, but that isn't one of them.

The reality is if the person you're replying to was born before 1972, his parents didn't make any decisions.

If that person was born before 1960, the pill wasn't available so the only way a couple could prevent a pregnancy was through either getting her tubes tied or he has a vasectomy. Which since that poster is alive, his parents didn't use any sort of birth control and had no choice when his mother became pregnant.

If anyone has paid any attention, birth rates have been declining ever since the pill became available.

Which shows only one thing. Women don't want to have a bunch of kids. They want at most, 2 children. Which is the normal size of a family since the pill was available.

That's correct, because condoms weren't invented until the mid 70s if I remember correctly. :eusa_shhh:

My parents had the amount of kids they wanted which was three of us. It's the same with my extended family. All my cousins (some of which are older) were planned and were in a family of two or three children.

People years ago were more religious and held the belief that you should have as many kids as you could. Even the Catholic church stood against any kind of birth control. People also had more children because we didn't live nearly as long as today. Some parents suffered the loss of their children when their kids were barely in their 20's. With advancements in medical technology throughout the decades, it's rare that a person die at a young age for medical reasons. It's rare that a family that has four kids, the parents will lose at least two of them before they reach the age of 35.

Which childrren?

The larger families of Hispanic children. Don't you know how to follow a thread yet????

I take very little offense to that......

Because you're not only a hypocrite, but a shameless hypocrite. Remember every one of the thousands of bullshit posts you put up here calling out people doing exactly what you are doing as you lay there suckling on the government teat.

Did your parents make that decision?

No, but what does that have to do with it? They made their decision and I made mine. .......

People have always had choices.

Forum List

Back