Billions of Dollars still being wasted on Mars Probes and, back to the Moon missions.This is all insanity!

Voyager 1 is the man-made object furthest away from Earth, not quite 14 billion miles, away, 17 light-hours. And it's taken 43 years to get that far.

The idea that "The recent dispersion of tiny satellites to the far reaches of the universe gives us the statistical evidence" is utter nonsense.

Well, these are claims by Stephen Hawking, Yuri Milner, and Mark Zuckerberg. You know they are lying somewhere. In fact, now that I have been digging into this since Toddsterpatriot is too stupid to find out answers from his own atheist scientists, I'm not sure if they've gotten off the ground yet with their confetti satellites. Basically, the billionaires lost their money if they could not launch.

Anyway, I'm not sure how far one can get with theses satellite since it's the opposition's ideas. I'm the one who gets a good laugh when they fail.
You don't even know what "the far reaches of the universe" means. To think that we could send probes there and return data within our lifetimes is absolutely ignorant horseshit.

Sure, it's Alpha Centauri. Again, I'm not for sending confetti satellites there. Why waste money?

Laser beams are great for short to mid-range weaponry like China has developed to shoot down satellites.

Do you know the problems powering satellites even tiny ones for long distance travel with laser beams? For one, clouds and atmospheric conditions could cause you to lose your satellite or it loses its source of power.

Beam powered satellites and space craft are the wave of the future, but still have problems to overcome for long distance travel.
You're really not very good at this.

Alpha Centauri is 4.37 light-years from the Sun. Voyager 1 is travelling about 17 kilometers per second.

At that speed, it will take 77,117 years to get there.

Meanwhile, your claim that Alpha Centauri is "the far reaches of the universe" is astoundingly ignorant. The Milky Way galaxy is estimated to be 170,000-200,000 light-years in diameter.

The observable universe is estimated to be about 45.7 billion light-years across. And the universe is far bigger than we can see.

There have been exactly zero probes launched as you describe.

You should stop insisting you be taken seriously. You simply don't understand the basic concepts, and you're too stupid to want to learn.

Haha, you dumb twat. It isn't my ideas that I am talking about. (If it's about me, then when someone mentions lasers and satellites, I think of the military weapons that China has built to shoot down US communications satellites. Now, that's a real threat.) Instead, it's those of atheist scientist and departed Stephen Hawking. He wants to take those confetti satellites to Alpha Centauri in search of other life which may as well be the far reaches of the universe if we are searching for life. Atheist scientists think that searching out to Alpha Centauri would give them the best chances of finding life. If there is no life until out there, then it will demonstrate that life is rare, i.e. no aliens, which was my point. Instead, they think they'll find life due to evolution and presumably abiogenesis.

Furthermore, didn't I mention the James Webb telescope already? That would be my idea of looking at the far reaches of the universe which will probably be what will hopefully come to fruition. The laser beam from Earth propelling the confetti satellites may not even be feasible. A waste of $100 million that fits the topic of this thread. Milner has already said they'll give up in 2025. That's what I've been talking about.

Okay, now what am I supposed to learn from Voyager I that you brought up? Don't you think I know how it is propelled? How is that related to the thread?

Instead, your point is how vast the observable universe is and how my saying the vast reaches of the universe doesn't fit. With the universe, even the vast reaches is not enough as it keeps expanding.

Anyway, your small dick point is to attack me as knowing nothing about science instead of learning from what I have to say and have said.
So, you believe lots of bullshit, you can't carry on a rational conversation, and it's MY fault.

Eat shit, boy.

Voyager 1 is the man-made object furthest away from Earth, not quite 14 billion miles, away, 17 light-hours. And it's taken 43 years to get that far.

The idea that "The recent dispersion of tiny satellites to the far reaches of the universe gives us the statistical evidence" is utter nonsense.

Well, these are claims by Stephen Hawking, Yuri Milner, and Mark Zuckerberg. You know they are lying somewhere. In fact, now that I have been digging into this since Toddsterpatriot is too stupid to find out answers from his own atheist scientists, I'm not sure if they've gotten off the ground yet with their confetti satellites. Basically, the billionaires lost their money if they could not launch.

Anyway, I'm not sure how far one can get with theses satellite since it's the opposition's ideas. I'm the one who gets a good laugh when they fail.
You don't even know what "the far reaches of the universe" means. To think that we could send probes there and return data within our lifetimes is absolutely ignorant horseshit.

Sure, it's Alpha Centauri. Again, I'm not for sending confetti satellites there. Why waste money?

Laser beams are great for short to mid-range weaponry like China has developed to shoot down satellites.

Do you know the problems powering satellites even tiny ones for long distance travel with laser beams? For one, clouds and atmospheric conditions could cause you to lose your satellite or it loses its source of power.

Beam powered satellites and space craft are the wave of the future, but still have problems to overcome for long distance travel.

Alpha Centauri is 4.37 light-years from the Sun. Voyager 1 is travelling about 17 kilometers per second.

Meanwhile, your claim that Alpha Centauri is "the far reaches of the universe" is astoundingly ignorant. The Milky Way galaxy is estimated to be 170,000-200,000 light-years in diameter.

The observable universe is estimated to be about 45.7 billion light-years across. And the universe is far bigger than we can see.

You should stop insisting you be taken seriously. You simply don't understand the basic concepts, and you're too stupid to want to learn.
Just with one galaxy we are currently like a grain of sand on a beach full of it.
"Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space." ― Douglas Adams

Haha, you dumb twat. It isn't my ideas that I am talking about. (If it's about me, then when someone mentions lasers and satellites, I think of the military weapons that China has built to shoot down US communications satellites. Now, that's a real threat.) Instead, it's those of atheist scientist and departed Stephen Hawking. He wants to take those confetti satellites to Alpha Centauri in search of other life which may as well be the far reaches of the universe if we are searching for life. Atheist scientists think that searching out to Alpha Centauri would give them the best chances of finding life. If there is no life until out there, then it will demonstrate that life is rare, i.e. no aliens, which was my point. Instead, they think they'll find life due to evolution and presumably abiogenesis.

Furthermore, didn't I mention the James Webb telescope already? That would be my idea of looking at the far reaches of the universe which will probably be what will hopefully come to fruition. The laser beam from Earth propelling the confetti satellites may not even be feasible. A waste of $100 million that fits the topic of this thread. Milner has already said they'll give up in 2025. That's what I've been talking about.

Okay, now what am I supposed to learn from Voyager I that you brought up? Don't you think I know how it is propelled? How is that related to the thread?

Instead, your point is how vast the observable universe is and how my saying the vast reaches of the universe doesn't fit. With the universe, even the vast reaches is not enough as it keeps expanding.

Anyway, your small dick point is to attack me as knowing nothing about science instead of learning from what I have to say and have said.
So, you believe lots of bullshit, you can't carry on a rational conversation, and it's MY fault.

Eat shit, boy.

I asked you what does Voyager I have to do with wasting money? Was that a waste of money? I don't think it was for the time. Is it my fault you can't stay on topic?

Do you think there's a good chance of finding aliens on Jupiter or Saturn? I don't, but at least those planets have protection from solar radiation and the solar wind.

I'll be glad to point out spending $100 million on confetti satellites that can't launch in order to find space aliens when there aren't none is dumb.

It didn't take long for you to go to ad hominems. Eat shit and die fakkit.

"Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space." ― Douglas Adams

Yes, space is mind bogglingly big. My hypothesis is that it's part space and then there's spacetime. Could it be another dimension we are looking at? We can only get so far, but the rest is out of reach. We'll never be able to get there. You want me to measure it in distance, but I think it goes beyond that. It's awesome.

Many people believe in a fourth dimension, but we haven't been able to prove it.

Eat shit, boy.

I asked you what does Voyager I have to do with wasting money? Was that a waste of money? I don't think it was for the time. Is it my fault you can't stay on topic?

Do you think there's a good chance of finding aliens on Jupiter or Saturn? I don't, but at least those planets have protection from solar radiation and the solar wind.

I'll be glad to point out spending $100 million on confetti satellites that can't launch in order to find space aliens when there aren't none is dumb.

Yes, space is mind bogglingly big. My hypothesis is that it's part space and then there's spacetime. Could it be another dimension we are looking at? We can only get so far, but the rest is out of reach. We'll never be able to get there. You want me to measure it in distance, but I think it goes beyond that. It's awesome.

Many people believe in a fourth dimension, but we haven't been able to prove it.
Out of the entire internet, the words "confetti satellites" appear only in this thread.

You'd think that if leading luminaries in the sciences were building them and trying to launch them, there'd be mention of them somewhere other than a "fire...BAD!" thread on a message board.

In conclusion, you've been demonstrated to have no single clue of what you're talking about.

Eat shit, boy.

Out of the entire internet, the words "confetti satellites" appear only in this thread.

You'd think that if leading luminaries in the sciences were building them and trying to launch them, there'd be mention of them somewhere other than a "fire...BAD!" thread on a message board.

In conclusion, you've been demonstrated to have no single clue of what you're talking about.

That's because I'm a creative and descriptive type unlike a basic science follower like you. You never answered my questions about Voyager 1 nor explained what it has to do with this thread. Nothing you posted has to do with this thread unless you stupidly think Voyager 1 was a waste of money.

You and Toddsterpatriot should get a room together and discuss how Voyager 1 relates to the topic and how the confetti satellites using laser beams to have been failures so far. The problems such as clouds, dense atmosphere, other space bodies, asteroids, and more seem to get in the way of the lasers.

When 2025 comes around, will you admit that you are wrong and we didn't find any aliens with Yuri Milner's $100 million backing and late atheist scientist Stephen Hawking's confetti satellite ideas?

Eat shit, boy.

That's because I'm a creative and descriptive type unlike a basic science follower like you. You never answered my questions about Voyager 1 nor explained what it has to do with this thread. Nothing you posted has to do with this thread unless you stupidly think Voyager 1 was a waste of money.

You and Toddsterpatriot should get a room together and discuss how Voyager 1 relates to the topic and how the confetti satellites using laser beams to have been failures so far. The problems such as clouds, dense atmosphere, other space bodies, asteroids, and more seem to get in the way of the lasers.

When 2025 comes around, will you admit that you are wrong and we didn't find any aliens with Yuri Milner's $100 million backing and late atheist scientist Stephen Hawking's confetti satellite ideas?

discuss how Voyager 1 relates to the topic and how the confetti satellites using laser beams to have been failures so far.

Your imaginary satellites are a failure?
You were lying about the far reaches of the universe? DURR

discuss how Voyager 1 relates to the topic and how the confetti satellites using laser beams to have been failures so far.

Voyager 1 is very real and still traveling as we speak lmao.

You are not smart enough to discuss how these confetti satellites were supposed to be powered by laser shots into Alpha Centauri. Haven't you read Stephen Hawking or did you fall asleep after the first paragraph? Moreover, I already explained how Alpha Centauri would be enough of a search to conclude aliens exist or they don't based on statistics.

You still don't get my hypothesis of how we may be looking into the fourth dimension and not just outer space. Imagine a 2-dimensional flatlander looking at a sphere. He would see a circle. However, if he built a flat viewer that could see in three dimensions, then he may be able to see depth like we see on tv.

You are not smart enough to discuss how these confetti satellites were supposed to be powered by laser shots into Alpha Centauri. Haven't you read Stephen Hawking or did you fall asleep after the first paragraph? Moreover, I already explained how Alpha Centauri would be enough of a search to conclude aliens exist or they don't based on statistics.

You still don't get my hypothesis of how we may be looking into the fourth dimension and not just outer space. Imagine a 2-dimensional flatlander looking at a sphere. He would see a circle. However, if he built a flat viewer that could see in three dimensions, then he may be able to see depth like we see on tv.

Voyager 1 is your idea of "the far reaches of the universe"?

Damn son, you get dumber with every post.

You are not smart enough to discuss how these confetti satellites were supposed to be powered by laser shots into Alpha Centauri.

Satellites that haven't been built let alone launched are your idea of "the far reaches of the universe"? Are you stoned?

Moreover, I already explained how Alpha Centauri would be enough of a search to conclude aliens exist or they don't based on statistics.

Your "explanation" is idiotic.

You are not smart enough to discuss how these confetti satellites were supposed to be powered by laser shots into Alpha Centauri.

Satellites that haven't been built let alone launched are your idea of "the far reaches of the universe"? Are you stoned?

Moreover, I already explained how Alpha Centauri would be enough of a search to conclude aliens exist or they don't based on statistics.

Why don't you answer my questions? Are you that moronic?

Haha. Voyager 1 and 2 are the furthest we have ever gone, you colossal stupid AF idiot! You didn't even know that after daveman told you.

I also brought up where does space end and spacetime, i.e. 4th dimension, begin? We probably won't be able to travel to the 4th dimension.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that because you are too stupid with your replies.

Why don't you answer my questions? Are you that moronic?

Haha. Voyager 1 and 2 are the furthest we have ever gone, you colossal stupid AF idiot! You didn't even know that after daveman told you.

I also brought up where does space end and spacetime, i.e. 4th dimension, begin? We probably won't be able to travel to the 4th dimension.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that because you are too stupid with your replies.

Voyager 1 and 2 are the furthest we have ever gone,

You lied when you said "the far reaches of the universe".
Obviously.

I also brought up where does space end and spacetime, i.e. 4th dimension, begin?

Does this dribble make your lie somehow less of a lie? LOL!

Eat shit, boy.

There have been no satellites launched as you describe, you freakin' retard. What happens in your head doesn't count.

I used Voyager 1 as an example of a man-made object -- the one furthest from the Earth -- to show what an amazingly minuscule distance it's covered in the decades since it's been launched.

But you were too damn stupid to understand those big scary numbers.

You're in way over your head here, and no matter how much you pout and stamp your feet, it's NOT my fault.

Eat shit, boy.

There have been no satellites launched as you describe, you freakin' retard. What happens in your head doesn't count.

I used Voyager 1 as an example of a man-made object -- the one furthest from the Earth -- to show what an amazingly minuscule distance it's covered in the decades since it's been launched.

But you were too damn stupid to understand those big scary numbers.

You're in way over your head here, and no matter how much you pout and stamp your feet, it's NOT my fault.

Back to ad hominems because you cannot explain daveman. That's not very scientific.

If Voyager 1 and 2 are for comparison, how large is the universe to you? What do you mean by big scary numbers?

I have my numbers, but they aren't big scary numbers.

From what I understand, for every dollar spent on NASA space exploration, it has generated 7 dollars in the civilian business market. Plus things like cell phone technology and GPS came out of the space program. So there is no telling what we will discover on the moon or on Mars?
Besides, there will always be poor people, no matter how much money we throw at them. ... :cool:
bulshit---that's bullshit

When are we as Americans going to wake up and stop wasting money on these Mars Probes and rovers, and now they are talking about going back to that skyless dead rock the Moon. When are we going to start spending money here on Earth to help humans with , homes, food for the unemployed. Let us stop wasting money on these pie in the sky Mars, and Moon missions.?! Your thoughts.
Do you realize all the advances that have come from the space program?
....but they can/could make those advances with a LOT less $$$$ and make them faster if they didn't have to include the space crap
...they are inhibiting advancement by wasting $$$$$ on the space aspect
--so they ARE wasting $$ billions

Obviously.

I also brought up where does space end and spacetime, i.e. 4th dimension, begin?

I still don't think you get it although I've explained it several times now. You're too dense haha.

You don't and can't answer my questions while I answered yours. For example, how far is Alpha Centauri? Do you agree that if we went as far as that with the confetti satellites probe, then it is enough to say there are no space aliens? If we go by time, then 2025 would be around 100 years of searching for aliens and no aliens. Would you agree that there are no aliens?

I'll ask you the same question I asked daveman. How far is the far reaches of the universe since you're so hung up on that?

When are we as Americans going to wake up and stop wasting money on these Mars Probes and rovers, and now they are talking about going back to that skyless dead rock the Moon. When are we going to start spending money here on Earth to help humans with , homes, food for the unemployed. Let us stop wasting money on these pie in the sky Mars, and Moon missions.?! Your thoughts.

I am with you 5! Don't forget the co$t of tho$e aircraft carrier$(we already have a hundred forty eleven of 'em!), nation building, world cop program & a bazillion other money pit program$ the fed$ are $trung out on.

Obviously.

I still don't think you get it although I've explained it several times now. You're too dense haha.

You don't and can't answer my questions while I answered yours. For example, how far is Alpha Centauri? Do you agree that if we went as far as that with the confetti satellites probe, then it is enough to say there are no space aliens? If we go by time, then 2025 would be around 100 years of searching for aliens and no aliens. Would you agree that there are no aliens?

I'll ask you the same question I asked daveman. How far is the far reaches of the universe since you're so hung up on that?

I still don't think you get it

You said far reaches of the universe. You lied. Again. I get it.

For example, how far is Alpha Centauri?

About 4.3 light years.

Do you agree that if we went as far as that with the confetti satellites probe, then it is enough to say there are no space aliens?

Nope.

If we go by time, then 2025 would be around 100 years of searching for aliens and no aliens. Would you agree that there are no aliens?

Nope.

How far is the far reaches of the universe since you're so hung up on that?

You made your silly claim in post #65, I asked how far YOU meant in post #69.
Why did you run away instead of answering?

Do you realize all the advances that have come from the space program?
....but they can/could make those advances with a LOT less $$$$ and make them faster if they didn't have to include the space crap
...they are inhibiting advancement by wasting $$$$$ on the space aspect
--so they ARE wasting $$ billions
Lol, you don't even realize how dumb what you're saying is.

Do you think all those benefits were obvious before the products were available?

Forum List

Back