Bill Maher: Trump voters see DeSantis as mere '"tribute band" like Lynyrd Skynyrd after the plane crash

That's a pretty good observation. Maher is one of the few smart liberals who didn't let Trump destroy his humor.

Bill Maher: Trump voters see DeSantis as mere '"tribute band" like Lynyrd Skynyrd after the plane crash​

Maher is right. A tribute band.
Saw LS with Donnie, and then a few years later with Johnny.
So disappointed, never bothered to see them again, buy an album or give them a second thought until Gary Rossington passed.
Gotta give them credit though, they do have longevity.

Bill Maher: Trump voters see DeSantis as mere '"tribute band" like Lynyrd Skynyrd after the plane crash​

Maher is right. A tribute band.
Saw LS with Donnie, and then a few years later with Johnny.
So disappointed, never bothered to see them again, buy an album or give them a second thought until Gary Rossington passed.
Gotta give them credit though, they do have longevity.

"Donnie"?

:rolleyes:

Yes, yes you do.

Well I could declare myself a moderate but act in every single way like a Leftist. That would be better?

Tell me....

Do followers work in public schools as Christian conservatives, and not belong to the unions, and vote for Trump?

I'm a follower?

Sure, Jan

Do followers work in public schools as Christian conservatives, and not belong to the unions, and vote for Trump?

I'm a follower?

Followers on the right do.

Both sides have their sheep that do what they are told. You are one of them.

I wish more Democrat comedians were like Maher. The overwhelming majority are much more concerned about not straying from the dogma than being funny.

Maher's right on that statement. DeSantis is Trump Lite, New Trump (like New Coke), store brand Trump, Misty Rowe to Trump's Marilyn Monroe, thousands of analogies are possible.

DeSantis needs to focus on the illegal immigration issue. He needs to do whatever he can in Florida about it, and never back down as he did after the media torched him for sending some to Martha's Vinyard. That is the issue that he is ahead of Trump on.

He would be better off to announce now that he is not running in 2024, stop picking fights with Trump that he can't win, and focus on 2028.

I wish more Democrat comedians were like Maher. The overwhelming majority are much more concerned about not straying from the dogma than being funny.

Maher's right on that statement. DeSantis is Trump Lite, New Trump (like New Coke), store brand Trump, Misty Rowe to Trump's Marilyn Monroe, thousands of analogies are possible.

DeSantis needs to focus on the illegal immigration issue. He needs to do whatever he can in Florida about it, and never back down as he did after the media torched him for sending some to Martha's Vinyard. That is the issue that he is ahead of Trump on.

He would be better off to announce now that he is not running in 2024, stop picking fights with Trump that he can't win, and focus on 2028.

I don't think we can afford to lose with Trump in 2024. On the off chance that anything can be saved at this point at any rate, we really cannot afford another Dem in office.

Sure, sparky. The public schools are just rife with conservative Christian Trump voters. Who don't belong to the union.

Keep going, you're beclowning yourself

The fact you do not follow the left does not remove that you are a follower on the right.

Yet he cannot as Florida's economy relies on illegal immigrants.

Why do you think he had the plane flown from Florida to Texas to get some illegals instead of taking them from Florida?

The fact you do not follow the left does not remove that you are a follower on the right.

According to this recent Marist Poll, I am in the 21% of my own supposed party. Keep going GG

• More than six in ten Americans (61%) do not want Trump to be President, again. 38% want him to be elected to another term. 89% of Democrats, 64% independents, and 21% of Republicans do not want Trump to return to the White House. 76% of Republicans want Trump to be president, again. Of note, 41% of white Evangelical Christians are against a second Trump Administration.
  • 39% of Americans, notched down from 42% in November of 2022, have a favorable opinion of Trump. 51% have an unfavorable view of the former president.

According to this recent Marist Poll, I am in the 21% of my own supposed party. Keep going GG

• More than six in ten Americans (61%) do not want Trump to be President, again. 38% want him to be elected to another term. 89% of Democrats, 64% independents, and 21% of Republicans do not want Trump to return to the White House. 76% of Republicans want Trump to be president, again. Of note, 41% of white Evangelical Christians are against a second Trump Administration.
  • 39% of Americans, notched down from 42% in November of 2022, have a favorable opinion of Trump. 51% have an unfavorable view of the former president.

And if he is on the ballot, you will vote for him.

Forum List

Back