Marist poll: By a 56%-to-41% margin respondents say Trump investigations are fair and not a "witch hunt."

pyetro

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2019
Trump is struggling "mightily among independents", and he hasn't convinced Americans that the investigations into him are a witch hunt.

A majority of Americans say the multiple criminal investigations into former President Donald Trump's conduct are fair, despite Trump's continued efforts claiming they are conspiracies against him, the latest NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll finds.

The survey of more than 1,300 adults also found that despite the love for him among Republicans, Trump remains highly disliked, continues to struggle mightily with independents – and 6 in 10 Americans don't want him to be president again.
It is refreshing to know that most Americans aren't fools.
But most Americans don't agree with him. By a 56%-to-41% margin respondents said the investigations are fair and not a "witch hunt."

Trump is struggling "mightily among independents", and he hasn't convinced Americans that the investigations into him are a witch hunt.

From the article:

• More than six in ten Americans (61%) do not want Trump to be President, again. 38% want him to be elected to another term. 89% of Democrats, 64% independents, and 21% of Republicans do not want Trump to return to the White House. 76% of Republicans want Trump to be president, again. Of note, 41% of white Evangelical Christians are against a second Trump Administration.
  • 39% of Americans, notched down from 42% in November of 2022, have a favorable opinion of Trump. 51% have an unfavorable view of the former president.

Trump cannot win the general.

And my fellow conservatives should reconcile themselves to that.

You spelled Marxist wrong.

Most Independents are just as childish and shallow as Democrats. They are typically socially liberal nuts with just a touch of fiscal conservatism, with their social agenda persona superseding their pragmatic side.

To this point, I do think it will be hard for Trump to win the general. Republicans needs to appease these chidish Independents. Get someone that doesn’t send mean tweets with the same policies as Trump and he/she is a shoe in.

From the article:

• More than six in ten Americans (61%) do not want Trump to be President, again. 38% want him to be elected to another term. 89% of Democrats, 64% independents, and 21% of Republicans do not want Trump to return to the White House. 76% of Republicans want Trump to be president, again. Of note, 41% of white Evangelical Christians are against a second Trump Administration.
  • 39% of Americans, notched down from 42% in November of 2022, have a favorable opinion of Trump. 51% have an unfavorable view of the former president.

Trump cannot win the general.

And my fellow conservatives should reconcile themselves to that.
I will vote for whomever wins our nomination and it may be Trump.
Many of the mods on this board claim to be "Independents" but are in fact flaming liberals. I wonder how many other Independents taking part in this survey are the same.

Most Independents are just as childish and shallow as Democrats. They are typically socially liberal nuts with just a touch of fiscal conservatism, with their social agenda persona superseding their pragmatic side.

To this point, I do think it will be hard for Trump to win the general. Republicans needs to appease these chidish Independents. Get someone that doesn’t send mean tweets with the same policies as Trump and he/she is a shoe in.
Yeah, Independents just aren't Nazi enough for you.

Did you miss the "x" in your title?

People who choose to think for themselves are the biggest threat to an ideological sheep.

The sheep don't like being exposed for what they are.

The reality is quite a bit differenT. Trump was most certainly an outsider and you lefties, um, I mean Independents, didn’t like him because he hurt your feelings and he identified as a Republican.

You voted for the Democrat in the last election and still can’t quite wrap your head around the fact that virtually everything the man you voted is doing is harming our country and that it is light years behind in nearly every category where it is was pre-COVID under Trump. Facts don’t matter to you. Reality doesn’t matter to you. Forgive us if we don’t consider folks like you the great thinkers you fancy yourselves.

Pragmatically, there are no "Fiscal Conservatives". When you fools get into power, you spend like a sailor in a whorehouse. The only time you guys want to curb spending is when the Democrats are in charge, and then you all remember the debt ceiling is a thing for some reason.

The only president to put a real dent in spending was Bill Clinton, and you guys still hate him.

Like virtually all Democrats, most Independents let their emotions override common sense.
Then why does your side need fake issues like Transgenders to panic about.

If your side ran on it's real agenda - that the working class needs to worker harder for less benefits so the rich can pay less taxes - you'd only get about 20% of the vote.

That's why you need bullshit issues like CRT, transgenders, abortion, guns, etc. to keep the stupid white people voting for you.

The reality is quite a bit differenT. Trump was most certainly an outsider and you lefties, um, I mean Independents, didn’t like him because he hurt your feelings and he identified as a Republican.

You voted for the Democrat in the last election and still can’t quite wrap your head around the fact that virtually everything the man you voted is doing is harming our country and that it is light years behind in nearly every category where it is was pre-COVID under Trump. Facts don’t matter to you. Reality doesn’t matter to you. Forgive us if we don’t consider folks like you the great thinkers you fancy yourselves.

Why do you keep pretending Covid didn't happen and wasn't Trump's fault that it was as bad as it was.

We are FAR better off than we were in 2020.

Frankly, 2022 was my best year ever. More of that, please.

Why do you keep pretending Covid didn't happen and wasn't Trump's fault that it was as bad as it was.

We are FAR better off than we were in 2020.

Frankly, 2022 was my best year ever. More of that, please.

COVID happened, but it was not Trump’s fault. In fact, quite the opposite, but you are your kind still haven’t figured that part out yet.

COVID happened, but it was not Trump’s fault. In fact, quite the opposite, but you are your kind still haven’t figured that part out yet.

Trump called it a hoax.
He disbanded the Pandemic Response Team
He threw out Obama's Pandemic Response plan.
He closed down the CDC field office in Beijing.
He told people it would be gone by Easter.
He held super-spreader events.
He fought governors trying to contain the virus.
He put his idiot son-in-law in charge of Pandemic Response
He made the thing a popularity contest between him and Fauci after Fauci started getting better press.

Nope, Trump totally owns Covid.

Forum List

Back