Bill Maher.......Beef Up Your Imune System & Live Your Life

Sun Devil 92

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2015

"I worry that the past two months of quarantine have given people the idea that way for humans to win our million-year war with microbes is to avoid them completely. And I'm here to tell you you can't," Maher said. "The key to beating COVID isn't dining through glass or never going to a concert or a ball game again. It's your immune system. You hear people say, "COVID-19 is a new virus so the immune system doesn't know how to handle it." Bullshit, of course it does. That's why the vast majority of people who have had it have either recovered or didn't even know they had it. What do you think did that? The human immune system. There are people with immune systems that can't do the job and we should make it a priority to protect those people. But compulsively washing, being scared of your own hands? That can't become the new normal."

"You can keep discovering new places to scare people into buying protection for, but we're solving the problem from the wrong end," he argued. "This is a health problem; we can't sanitize the universe. Governors should declare keeping our bodies in good health an essential job because that is the only way we are going to win this.

This is a good train of thought I have seen come from others.

This bullshit about hiding under the bed from a fucking bug is really getting to be old.

And it is going to come.

Robert Reich published some bullshit scareturd acting like 1/2 the world will die.

If you lefties don't have any balls....stay home and STFU about getting infected. If you stay home...nobody will get you. But we'll be working and if a few of us die.....well tough.

The 'lock down' was in response to massively wrong death estimates coming from our favorite source of massive errors: COMPUTER MODELS. Thank you experts. So in the short term, our economy is screwed and millions of good hard working people have been kicked to the curb through no fault of their own.

The bottom line is this: There cannot be a lock down 2.0. No can do. Viruses have always been around us and they are not going away. If you are in the vulnerable population, then protect yourself. Otherwise live your life, do your job or enjoy your retirement.

I posted about this before. Natural viral immunity comes from the healthy immune system's rapid deployment of interferon proteins (mostly type II), not necessarily from existing antibodies. People tend to conflate these like apples and oranges. He's right about this.

• Banned
The 'lock down' was in response to massively wrong death estimates coming from our favorite source of massive errors: COMPUTER MODELS. Thank you experts. So in the short term, our economy is screwed and millions of good hard working people have been kicked to the curb through no fault of their own.

The bottom line is this: There cannot be a lock down 2.0. No can do. Viruses have always been around us and they are not going away. If you are in the vulnerable population, then protect yourself. Otherwise live your life, do your job or enjoy your retirement.

The point being, and I have seen it other articles....why the fuck are we so scared.

Sure we have the pussies like U2Edge who is totally freaked out over the idea of getting sick. And Lesh telling everyone he's going to die if he gets infected.

They can stay home, lock their doors, and hope Uncle Sam continues to put money in their bank accounts. The rest of us are just a little fed up with this bullshit.

• Banned

Here is Reich's article.

He gets paid to write this batshit ?

This motherfucker somehow thinks freedom does not matter.

I walked out an airport next to this piece of shit once. I didn't realize just how short he was. I could hardly resist the urge to tromp his ass.

"I worry that the past two months of quarantine have given people the idea that way for humans to win our million-year war with microbes is to avoid them completely. And I'm here to tell you you can't," Maher said. "The key to beating COVID isn't dining through glass or never going to a concert or a ball game again. It's your immune system. You hear people say, "COVID-19 is a new virus so the immune system doesn't know how to handle it." Bullshit, of course it does. That's why the vast majority of people who have had it have either recovered or didn't even know they had it. What do you think did that? The human immune system. There are people with immune systems that can't do the job and we should make it a priority to protect those people. But compulsively washing, being scared of your own hands? That can't become the new normal."

"You can keep discovering new places to scare people into buying protection for, but we're solving the problem from the wrong end," he argued. "This is a health problem; we can't sanitize the universe. Governors should declare keeping our bodies in good health an essential job because that is the only way we are going to win this.

This is a good train of thought I have seen come from others.

This bullshit about hiding under the bed from a fucking bug is really getting to be old.

And it is going to come.

Robert Reich published some bullshit scareturd acting like 1/2 the world will die.

If you lefties don't have any balls....stay home and STFU about getting infected. If you stay home...nobody will get you. But we'll be working and if a few of us die.....well tough.
Of course it's a good train of thought...he's right

Seasonal Influenza kills 650,000 people a year
Since when does the world shut down?
What makes this any different?

Oh yeah, Trump...gotta keep Trump from being re elected

The point being, and I have seen it other articles....why the fuck are we so scared.

Sure we have the pussies like U2Edge who is totally freaked out over the idea of getting sick. And Lesh telling everyone he's going to die if he gets infected.

They can stay home, lock their doors, and hope Uncle Sam continues to put money in their bank accounts. The rest of us are just a little fed up with this bullshit.
Those two posters at best have a combine IQ of 80.

We're being played. If this wasn't an election year the msm politburo would be talking about Trump's tax returns and his penchant for Russian whore piss-play. They can keep up the pretense of caring for human life for a short periods but, like holding your breath, they'll have to come up for air eventually and the charade will collapse again. Like every other hoax they've foisted on the American public. THAT is the enemy.

I love it when Maher gets into things over his head. He's not a scientist, what expertise does he have that anyone would take seriously in this situation? I mean other than he's telling people what they want to hear and that's good enough.

Here is Reich's article.

He gets paid to write this batshit ?

This motherfucker somehow thinks freedom does not matter.

I walked out an airport next to this piece of shit once. I didn't realize just how short he was. I could hardly resist the urge to tromp his ass.

Short shits = Napolean complex

True story, unless they have autism.

there is no hope for america

or the world

the Bidens, the Trumps, they're all crooks

China is a terrorist country, and no one can handle it

We're being played. If this wasn't an election year the msm politburo would be talking about Trump's tax returns and his penchant for Russian whore piss-play. They can keep up the pretense of caring for human life for a short periods but, like holding your breath, they'll have to come up for air eventually and the charade will collapse again. Like every other hoax they've foisted on the American public. THAT is the enemy.
Yea, more than 2k dead every day is just a hoax
0us8l2rzkns41.png

I love it when Maher gets into things over his head. He's not a scientist, what expertise does he have that anyone would take seriously in this situation? I mean other than he's telling people what they want to hear and that's good enough.

You are correct on a couple of points.

1. He's not only not a scientist....he's a lousy statistician.
2. He does say things some people like to hear.

In this case he's just giving voice to something a lot of us believe. That we will all be exposed to this stupid bug just like we are exposed to the flue.

In this case he's just giving voice to something a lot of us believe. That we will all be exposed to this stupid bug just like we are exposed to the flue.

Its the 'flu' and his opinion doesn't mean anything.

I said gave voice to what we believe. He's not telling us anything new.

Great. Some guy who doesn't know what he's talking about gave voice to something. Reminds me of Trump on almost any topic.

Great. Some guy who doesn't know what he's talking about gave voice to something. Reminds me of Trump on almost any topic.

He's just repeating something I am sure.

If not everyone is exposed....great.

I don't see how that happens.

Every year the flu somehow gets passed around and it isn't as contagious.

Forum List

Back