Bill Introduced To Create RBG Monument On Capitol Hill

I'm glad this bill has been introduced in both the House and Senate.

I hope it passes.

I could see making little figurines of her to sell in souvenir shops but not a big statue.

I believe there should be a statue.

She worked all her life for equality and women's rights.

there are/have been 115 Justices that have spent their lives trying to keep America balanced, some have done far more than Ruth.

again I ask.

Why her?
Because cult of death.

I hope it passes.

I could see making little figurines of her to sell in souvenir shops but not a big statue.

1614872746235.png

Who cares? There's only one thing she's good for now.

Has anyone seen G.T. or Toro lately?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Democrats celebrate a woman that killed the most black babies
Right so women could maintain positive control over their bodies.....just not when they were laying down.
Well don’t get pregnant.. are you from America? We have class here. Standards .. keep your 3rd world ass out..
Think you missed the point newbie......which was be self responsible and don't get pregnant. Maybe read before you type.

I hope it passes.

I don't want to spend one red cent on any more monuments that Burn-Loot-Murder/Antifa will just tear down during their next temper tantrum.

Why her?

She's not the longest serving Justice, (she's 24th on that list), she's not the first female Justice, (Sandra Day O'Connor has that distinction).

Why?
Two weeks after it is erected, Tlaib and Omar will be clamoring to tear it down because she was Jewish. Why waste the money. They already have erected a monument to this administration--it encircles the capitol.

I hope it passes.

And I believe it should be torn down because she helped genocide of 60 million babies.

And you have to agree with me or you are racist. We tear down statues of those with whom we disagree.

I hope it passes.

And I believe it should be torn down because she helped genocide of 60 million babies.

And you have to agree with me or you are racist. We tear down statues of those with whom we disagree.
The only entity I knnow of that actually likes statues are pigeons.

I hope they make a statute of her and I hpe it is torn down.

PEOPLE WILL DO WHAT THEY DO.......NANCY PELOSI

Why would they build a monument to her?? She was no one special. Just another SC Justice.
Why do you hate women?

LOL I don't hate women.

I see no reason to build a monument to a dead SC Justice. Hell if they build a monument for one, then they will be using tax payer money to build a monument for every one of them. None of the deserve a monument.

Why would they build a monument to her?? She was no one special. Just another SC Justice.

A champion of women's rights, and a trailblazer in this regard.

So, should we erect it next to the Susan B Anthony statue, or the Harriet Tubman statue?

The US has fewer than 400 statues of women—but that’s changing (yahoo.com)

Oops, still working on the one for Susan.

She was the second woman on our Supreme Court.

That is special.

Until Sanda Day O'Conner, there had never been a woman Supreme Court Judge.

I believe there should be a statue to both of those women. The blazed the trail for all women after them. They smashed through that glass ceiling and both of them never forgot where they came from and what they represent as a woman on that court.

Both of those women are special. Anyone who says differently just has not been paying any attention.

put a statue of Francis Perkins up.....she was Secretary of Labor under Roosevelt...first woman to serve in a US Cabinet position......

During her term as secretary of labor, Perkins executed many aspects of the New Deal, including the Civilian Conservation Corps, the Public Works Administration and its successor the Federal Works Agency, and the labor portion of the National Industrial Recovery Act. With the Social Security Act, she established unemployment benefits, pensions for the many uncovered elderly Americans, and welfare for the poorest Americans. She pushed to reduce workplace accidents and helped craft laws against child labor. Through the Fair Labor Standards Act, she established the first minimum wage and overtime laws for American workers, and defined the standard 40-hour work week. She formed governmental policy for working with labor unions and helped to alleviate strikes by way of the United States Conciliation Service. Perkins dealt with many labor questions during World War II, when skilled labor was vital and women were moving into formerly male jobs.

The money would be better spent on a scholarship fund for women entering law school. No reason to put up a statue just because liberals liked her decisions.

I adored her, too, btw. But unless there's one to all the women on the SC, it's more of a popularity contest. It should definitely be funded with private donations ONLY.

Forum List

Back