Biggest killer of officers in the line of duty during 2021?

Yeah, I knew that.

Being a cop is one of the safest jobs in the US.

What are the stats? How often are cops injured or killed, compared to other professions?
Actually since COVID added significantly to deaths in all professions, being a cop and being a teacher became nearly equally dangerous.

Map: Where Were Schools Required to Be Open for the 2020

As of June 8, at least 14 states required in-person instruction to be available in all or some grades either full- or part-time.

The coronavirus is the leading cause of line-of-duty deaths for police and firefighters nationally,

Since the COVID-19 pandemic was declared in 2020, annual police officer deaths have tripled in general. In 2019, there were 155 deaths, according to the Officer Down Memorial Page. Last year, there were 497, with 336 (67%) from the virus.

A lot of red states insisted teachers do classroom teaching, or not get paid. Pay attention.
Name the specific schools who didnt close during the pandemic, then show me how many died. No, im not going to just take your word for it.

Name the specific schools who didnt close during the pandemic, then show me how many died. No, im not going to just take your word for it.
I didn't say they never closed. I said many of them were required to reopen in-person learning. The requirement were in at least 14 states in 2020. Governors threatened to cut off all school funding unless schools did full-time in person learning.

Arizona All schools must have reopened for in-person learning by March 15, or following their spring break, according to an executive order by Gov. Doug Ducey.

Arkansas The state requires districts to offer in-person instruction five days a week. A law signed by Gov. Asa Hutchinson, which prohibits state and local mask mandates, is set to take effect July 1.

Florida Districts must offer in-person learning five days a week,

I didn't say they never closed. I said many of them were required to reopen in-person learning. The requirement were in at least 14 states in 2020. Governors threatened to cut off all school funding unless schools did full-time in person learning.

Arizona All schools must have reopened for in-person learning by March 15, or following their spring break, according to an executive order by Gov. Doug Ducey.

Arkansas The state requires districts to offer in-person instruction five days a week. A law signed by Gov. Asa Hutchinson, which prohibits state and local mask mandates, is set to take effect July 1.

Florida Districts must offer in-person learning five days a week,

None of that helps your original argument.

Forum List

Back