Big Tax Increase coming soon.....we told ya so.

Great. It's about time we starting paying for things. You all that think everything should be free are going to have to stop your leeching.
Yep. And the borrow-and-spend GOP think they're economic experts, because that's what they're told.

All they have to do to show how fiscally responsible they are is commit to spending cuts FIRST, BEFORE cutting taxes.

Will you ever see them do that? Nope.

Democrats need at least 10 republican senators to vote for this and that ain't gonna happen

Not until the banksters tell them they have to, and then it will be "What is they bidding my master?"

What makes you think the banks want higher taxes?

As usual there will be a lot of unintended consequences in this tax bill.

One of them being that people who never made a million dollars in a year will be screwed for a one time event.

Small business owners who after decades of hard work and reinvesting in their businesses will be hit hard by this tax.

It's not hard for a successful small business to be valued at 1 million dollars and you'd be surprised at how many are.

Most small business owners depend on the proceeds of the sale of their business to fund their retirement now instead of paying the 20% CG tax plus the Obama 3% surtax they will end up paying 39.6% plus the 3%.

After state taxes these not uber wealthy people will lose almost half of the money they were depending on for retirement.

Mostly because they realize that when the government has a National Debt that is 136% of GDP, they need to have taxes raised if they ever expect to get paid back.

One of them being that people who never made a million dollars in a year will be screwed for a one time event.

Small business owners who after decades of hard work and reinvesting in their businesses will be hit hard by this tax.

It's not hard for a successful small business to be valued at 1 million dollars and you'd be surprised at how many are.

Boo-hoo, cry me a fucking river.

Mostly because they realize that when the government has a National Debt that is 136% of GDP, they need to have taxes raised if they ever expect to get paid back.

Boo-hoo, cry me a fucking river.

you don't know much about the debt.

The fact is most of the interest paid on the debt is paid to Americans.

And 23% of the debt isn't really debt at all because it's money the government owes itself

Great. It's about time we starting paying for things. You all that think everything should be free are going to have to stop your leeching.

Leeching is when you pay little or nothing and expect other people to pay your share and more...... also known as a Democrat.

Why Does Billionaire Warren Buffett Pay a Lower Tax Rate Than His Secretary? | The Motley Fool

I’ve read that article many times. All the more reason why his secretary should keep more of her paycheck. Watch and see what happens.
a

The argument is that income should all be taxed as income. Earlier it was noted that everyone should be taxed the same. O.K.
The only income that's taxed differently are long term investments, that are realized. The reason for that, is that money was first taxed, and we want to encourage people to invest for their future....and that is taxed at the same rate for all levels

All those idiots who thought everything was free....now gonna see somebody always gotta pay for the free stuff.

The working class have been paying for the tax give aways to the rich for 40 years. Currently to the tune of $20 Trillion.

The same people who have been paying for the freebies in subsidies to fossil fuel, petro chemical, pharmaceutical, defense contractor, and insurance companies.

The same people that have been paying to bail out the banks, air lines, and Donald Trumps bankruptcies.

You're right. You're getting to see what' it's like to have to give up on those freebies.

That money belongs to the people. The people that actually work for a living in this country, which is the only reason those worthless fucks exist, and we want our money back.

And we're going to get it.
The middle class will always always always get screwed over by taxation because all of our corrupt politicians know that the middle class is where the money is.

Why do you think our government revenue is so highly dependent on income taxes?

All those idiots who thought everything was free....now gonna see somebody always gotta pay for the free stuff.

Did you read your linked article? Who is the proposed taxes going to hit?

Yep. And the borrow-and-spend GOP think they're economic experts, because that's what they're told.

All they have to do to show how fiscally responsible they are is commit to spending cuts FIRST, BEFORE cutting taxes.

They had "their" guy in there while also controlling the House and Senate. As you note, did they cut? No, they created massive welfare programs for big business and cut taxes. The bill comes due for that kind of stuff.

I don't get what I want ever either BUT I also don't vote for those who I know aren't going to do the right things. Raising taxes is the right thing but as others have noted (but don't really mean) we do need to tax everyone equally so income should all be taxed as income. Sadly that will never happen.

They had "their" guy in there while also controlling the House and Senate. As you note, did they cut? No, they created massive welfare programs for big business and cut taxes. The bill comes due for that kind of stuff.

I don't get what I want ever either BUT I also don't vote for those who I know aren't going to do the right things. Raising taxes is the right thing but as others have noted (but don't really mean) we do need to tax everyone equally so income should all be taxed as income. Sadly that will never happen.
Yep.

They (and especially their politicians) know that they'd never get elected promising huge cuts. So they just play this game, pretending to want less spending. The sheep buy it and chant it every day, and keep electing them. At least the Dems are trying to be responsible about it.

Leeching is when you pay little or nothing and expect other people to pay your share and more...... also known as a Democrat.

Why Does Billionaire Warren Buffett Pay a Lower Tax Rate Than His Secretary? | The Motley Fool

I’ve read that article many times. All the more reason why his secretary should keep more of her paycheck. Watch and see what happens.
a

The argument is that income should all be taxed as income. Earlier it was noted that everyone should be taxed the same. O.K.
The only income that's taxed differently are long term investments, that are realized. The reason for that, is that money was first taxed, and we want to encourage people to invest for their future....and that is taxed at the same rate for all levels

The money is NOT taxed. The 'profit" has NEVER been taxed. This is one of the most accepted lies of the gullible.

Even then it's hardly always true. Guy borrows $500,000, invests it and makes $700,000. None of that had been taxed. He pays a lower rate on that $200,000 than the poor guy busting his butt making $60,000.

That needs to end.

Yep.

They (and especially their politicians) know that they'd never get elected promising huge cuts. So they just play this game, pretending to want less spending. The sheep buy it and chant it every day, and keep electing them. At least the Dems are trying to be responsible about it.

Not really. Their spending will outpace their tax increases.

If the goal was really to optimize tax revenue, then they should continue with Trump's policies because we had record tax receipts because of a booming economy (that Obama said would require a magic wand) until Covid. Get ready to go back to the Obama-Biden "new normal" of 2% growth.

a

The money is NOT taxed. The 'profit" has NEVER been taxed. This is one of the most accepted lies of the gullible.

Even then it's hardly always true. Guy borrows $500,000, invests it and makes $700,000. None of that had been taxed. He pays a lower rate on that $200,000 than the poor guy busting his butt making $60,000.

That needs to end.
Why? I mean, obviously you don't pay taxes on a loan, since it's not income and you have to pay it back with interest....but the return, it depends if it's sort term, it's tax just like the $60K, if it's long term like a home, it's not...but we want to encourage people buying homes...and that rate is the same for anyone, the guy making $60K, or $400K

The profit off any investment, it depends what the investment is, short term is taxed just like ordinary income, and yes the money used to make that investment has already been taxed.

It's long term investments that have a lower cap gains tax, but that rate is the same for all....the biggest lie is dems that suggest it's different for different incomes

a

That needs to end.
Why? I mean, obviously you don't pay taxes on a loan, since it's not income and you have to pay it back with interest....but the return, it depends if it's sort term, it's tax just like the $60K, if it's long term like a home, it's not...but we want to encourage people buying homes...and that rate is the same for anyone, the guy making $60K, or $400K

You understand that we are not talking about houses so dismissed.

The profit off any investment, it depends what the investment is, short term is taxed just like ordinary income, and yes the money used to make that investment has already been taxed.

It's long term investments that have a lower cap gains tax, but that rate is the same for all....the biggest lie is dems that suggest it's different for different incomes

It's lower than the guy making $60k busting his butt.

We still need a balanced budget amendment and term limits for Congresscritters amendment.

It's the only way to be sure!
Try to cut the War Department`s budget in half and see how that goes over. We`re committed to defending Israel and Taiwan for no reason whatsoever.

a

That needs to end.

No I don't....houses are a type of long term investment too

Sure, but how do you know the person making $50K, busting his butt, didn't make a long term investment too..the point is that sort of tax rate, on long term investments is open to everyone, it's not based on income levels, but on the length of your investment. What you want to do is discourage the guy busting his butt at $50 or 60K from making a long term investment, and you are using class politics to try to justify it.

The best thing to do is to end all taxes on those who are in the top 1%; repeal the estate tax because it isn't fair to the 1400 or so estates that are required to pay it; we also need to look into lowering the corporate tax rate to 2% -- except for big tech companies because they are evil and should pay at least an 8% corporate tax rate..

#TrickledownForever

a

That needs to end.

No I don't....houses are a type of long term investment too

Sure, but how do you know the person making $50K, busting his butt, didn't make a long term investment too..the point is that sort of tax rate, on long term investments is open to everyone, it's not based on income levels, but on the length of your investment. What you want to do is discourage the guy busting his butt at $50 or 60K from making a long term investment, and you are using class politics to try to justify it.

You are arguing something I do not care about. Income needs to be taxed as income. Period.

The working class have been paying for the tax give aways to the rich for 40 years. Currently to the tune of $20 Trillion.

The same people who have been paying for the freebies in subsidies to fossil fuel, petro chemical, pharmaceutical, defense contractor, and insurance companies.

The same people that have been paying to bail out the banks, air lines, and Donald Trumps bankruptcies.

You're right. You're getting to see what' it's like to have to give up on those freebies.

That money belongs to the people. The people that actually work for a living in this country, which is the only reason those worthless fucks exist, and we want our money back.

And we're going to get it.

Amen.

A little thought experiment is called for here.

Much like Trumps tweets, people have become inured to the amount of debt we're in but they understand the seriousness such a debt causes in trying to enact and pay for policies, infrastructure, schools etc,

A responsible government, like we had before Reagan and voodoo economics pays for its programs. We fought a war and went to the moon and still maintained a vastly larger middle class than we have today and a balanced budget. Plus wages kept up with inflation.

Now suppose back 1980 when Reagan was first elected people learned that by 2021 we'd be 28 Trillion dollars in debt because of subsequent republican administrations and congresses and that our schools and infrastructure were all deteriorating to such an extent as to be compared to third world nations..... that Reagan or voodoo trickle down economics would've survived the first election?

Don't get me wrong, democrats are just as guilty but we're pass the point of finger pointing, that does nobody any good. Regardless your politics, we're all in the same boat and we'll all pay the price if our economy collapses.

Responsible government pays for their programs by taxes and we've been wholly neglectful in applying those taxes to those individuals, Wall St. and corporations that'd been getting a free ride, what with democrats throwing up their hands every time republicans frowned in their direction and republicans giving tax breaks to people who don't need them and corporations threatening to move their factories overseas. Trickle down economics doesn't work if the very wealthy and big business aren't sharing the largess they're making from these tax cuts and economic growth.

Now is the time to raise taxes on these entities, top 1%, corporations and Wall St., no more tax deferments for them, and spend baby spend. We need to pay down the debt, rebuild our infrastructure AND raise the damn minimum wage to A LIVING WAGE lifting the poor out of poverty and expanding our middle class. The middle class, NOT big business... is our economic engine.

If we're to save capitalism, then capitalism has to be fair and responsible.This isn't going to happen overnight. It took forty years to get in this debt, it'll be that long to get out. The days of Darwinian capitalism are over and good riddance.

Tax and Spend is exactly what's called and the tonic needed to right our capitalist economy and infrastructure.

Forum List

Back