Big Oil Antitrust Lawsuit

AyeCantSeeYou

Platinum Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
May 19, 2013
DMV
Lawsuit was filed March 28, 2022 alleging a price gouging agreement between OPEC and Russia (forming OPEC+) beginning November 2016 thru March 2020 by limiting the amout of oil and gas produced and sold, at which time Russia did not agree to reinstate the agreement because it had led to the United States being the top producer in the world... If you want to know more, read the link below and do your own research, then ask yourself why mainstream media hasn't picked up on this.

Court Filing

OH MY

US oil trade group opposes bill allowing lawsuits against OPEC​

and
The No Oil Producing and Exporting Cartels Act, or NOPEC, will let the federal government take action against price fixing by OPEC, the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, and its partner nations. The bill is sponsored by Senator Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and cosponsored by Leahy and by Senators Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) and Mike Lee (R-Utah). Their bill was approved in a strong vote of 17 to 4. Leahy, a former chair and ranking member of the committee, led in developing and introducing earlier versions of the bill.
snip
NOPEC has enjoyed the support across party lines, including then-Senator Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump. Grassley, Klobuchar, Lee and Leahy reintroduced NOPEC in 2021.

Last edited:
Lawsuit was filed March 28, 2022 alleging a price gouging agreement between OPEC and Russia (forming OPEC+) beginning November 2016 thru March 2020 by limiting the amout of oil and gas produced and sold, at which time Russia did not agree to reinstate the agreement because it had led to the United States being the top producer in the world... If you want to know more, read the link below and do your own research, then ask yourself why mainstream media hasn't picked up on this.

Court Filing

Did you read the complaint? Trump was very proud of himself.

Did you read the complaint? Trump was very proud of himself.
Of course I read it, otherwise, why would I have posted it? This thread isn't about any one person in particular though, so try comprehending what I put in the opening post. This is about OPEC (OPEC+ and OPEC++) conspiring to control oil and gas prices going back to 2016.

Court Filing
So Trump was snookered and proud of his moves. Did he not realize if he was re-elected (probably not) inflation due to the lost production would be around the same as it is now?

Inflation was bound to happen anyway with some of the cuts he made and started handing out money during the pandemic which Biden continued.

That is from April 2020. The lawsuit is going back to Nov 2016 to present. Nov 2016 - OPEC and Russia made an agreement to control production and costs, forming OPEC+. It didn't stop there though.

The US government approved the idea of putting the screws to Iran. Where have you been? Zaki Yamani was a family friend in 1961 when OPEC was formed to stabilize price and supply. Don't you remember?

Where is the pharma lawsuit for profiteering off a mandated experimental gene therapy

Ok...so OPEC and Russia attempted to drive up oil prices...but because Trump created an environment conducive to domestic oil production... their plan failed catastrophically.

And the leftist think this is somehow a bad thing? :cuckoo:

I guess you could say that but your lord and god got snookered by the oil executives. You probably didn't read the 25 pages.

Ok...so OPEC and Russia attempted to drive up oil prices...but because Trump created an environment conducive to domestic oil production... their plan failed catastrophically.

And the leftist think this is somehow a bad thing? :cuckoo:

Trump threatened OPEC and Russia forcing them to cut production in March 2020.

Why wouldn't they try and drives prices up, they see the writing on the wall. Leaders of the left all around the world, and certainly here in the U.S. have staged a constant war against fossil fuels. These companies know they don't have a long future ahead of them, so they are going to try and keep prices up as long as they can.

That is from April 2020. The lawsuit is going back to Nov 2016 to present. Nov 2016 - OPEC and Russia made an agreement to control production and costs, forming OPEC+. It didn't stop there though.
The Court filing was 3/28/22.

. You probably didn't read the 25 pages.
No... I'm not going to either. Nobody has time to be an expert on everything.

All I'm looking at is the results.

We could have done this again...but Biden's anti-oil position don't create the environment where it is possible. No oil company is going to invest in new endeavors when the head of the government can pull the rug out from under them at any moment... the way Biden did with Keystone XL.

Keystone XL was a 1.3 BILLION dollar project. We hauled more than hundred truckloads of 40 foot pipe out of East Houston to South Dakota and Nebraska. All that money they spent...up in smoke. All those resources expended...a total waste.

You think any oil company is going to take a risk that that again? Or even a smaller risk?

Not a chance while a Democrat is in office.

Decisions have consequences...an the consequence of a "big win" on Keystone XL is the blame for $7 gasoline.

No... I'm not going to either. Nobody has time to be an expert on everything.

All I'm looking at is the results.

We could have done this again...but Biden's anti-oil position don't create the environment where it is possible. No oil company is going to invest in new endeavors when the head of the government can pull the rug out from under them at any moment... the way Biden did with Keystone XL.

Keystone XL was a 1.3 BILLION dollar project. We hauled more than hundred truckloads of 40 foot pipe out of East Houston to South Dakota and Nebraska. All that money they spent...up in smoke. All those resources expended...a total waste.

You think any oil company is going to take a risk that that again? Or even a smaller risk?

Not a chance while a Democrat is in office.

Decisions have consequences...an the consequence of a "big win" on Keystone XL is the blame for $7 gasoline.
Keystone XL is strictly an export pipeline that would only benefit the Chinese owners of Canadian tarsands.

Forum List

Back