Biden's Thursday Speech On Gun Control, A Bust!

So the kid that allegedly shot you. Lets say he is arrested and gets out on bail.

He hasn't been convicted of anything yet.

Should he still have access to a gun? If not..why not?

He shouldn't be out on bail....

We have ways to prevent it that don't include disarming normal people...I enjoyed watching the Australian police beating people because they were outside their homes....then sending them to concentration camps...that was really funny.

But then we get into the area of politically motivated charges being filed. At least anytime a republican is accused of anything...that is the reflexive response we hear.

There was a famous video on the Internet of a guy who drove his truck into a motel. Some dispute about a bill or something.

Just out of curiosity...should such a guy with obvious anger management issues lose his immediate right to a gun? What about 2 years down the line?

No....... we have actual processes in place.....if he is arrested, then we can talk....till then, you fascists will have to actually obey the law.

He spoke a few days ago about doing something about 9mm with high capacity magazines. That is when he lost me on the whole effort, rather than when it went for limits on ARs, AKs, etc. I have an AR, and still doubt I would be effected, but when he spoke about standard carry 9mm pistols, mine being a full size 9mm PPQ holding 15+1, that is when I knew this whole thing, if they got their way was going to try to go way beyond the pale. Some of us are licensed, highly trained, highly background checked, with even deeper checks still on file. I am no lawbreaker, but I would be a lawbreaker before I gave up my AR and service pistol along with it. I am no gang banger, but I do not plan to be unarmed if I ever have to meet one. I don't live in a bad neighborhood, but at night especially, it's like American Express. I don't leave home without it. I am sorry for your loss or losses, but I had no hand in it.

He could be sabotaging the effort, himself, by bringing other things into discussion, by acting like he would like to do something. The OP pointed out, the last ban they had ran out in 94 with Republicans in charge, but the Democrats didn't try to put it back in, when they were in charge, 2 years later.

He told the truth......they want all guns...they are not going to stop at AR-15s.....the AR-15 is the gateway gun....if they can be given the power to ban the semi-automatic AR-15 on false claims that it is especially dangerous and unusual...then there will be no defense when they come for all the other semi-automatic rifles, pistols and shotguns....they all operate the same way, they have all been used in mass public shootings.

As long as they continue to call for "banning" guns, they will get NOTHING done.

As I have said before. I'm not against stopping people who are mentally ill from obtaining a gun, or not keeping one until they can be evaluated and be deemed no threat. But WHO and HOW that happens is what I have a serious problem with because I don't support the loss of ANYONES 2nd amendment right without due process. And I never will. Even if 300 kids are killed.

Sorry, it's just me.

Ya know, that's a number the Marxist gun grabbers can live with.....as long as their agenda thrives in the end they have a motto..."let's DO this!!"
Hmmm...which school will they choose next ?

Someone wisely said,..."these mass school shootings will never occur where Bidens children/grandchildren, or the children of the rich and powerful attend school".

Last edited:
He shouldn't be out on bail....

We have ways to prevent it that don't include disarming normal people...I enjoyed watching the Australian police beating people because they were outside their homes....then sending them to concentration camps...that was really funny.
Yet you think convicted murderers--not accused gunmen--should get no jail time....unless they are white women. Right? RE: Amber Guyger.

Yet you think convicted murderers--not accused gunmen--should get no jail time....unless they are white women. Right? RE: Amber Guyger.

Again with Amber Guyger?

What is it with you?

When you tell me the motive for her having shot the guy she thought was in her apartment, then we can talk....you refuse to tell me the motive.....even now, after the trial is over....it should be really easy .....

But in tearful testimony last week, Guyger said she was "scared to death" when she opened what she thought was her own apartment door and saw the silhouette of a man she mistook for an intruder.

"I was scared whoever was inside my apartment was going to kill me," she told the jury. "No police officer would want to hurt an innocent person."

Guyger lived on the third floor of an apartment complex just south of downtown Dallas. Her lawyers said she was in uniform and had just finished a 13-hour workday on Sept. 6th, 2018, when she mistakenly opened Jean's door.

"What was going through Amber's mind was just, 'I'm going home,' " defense lawyer Robert Rogers said. " 'I'm exhausted, and I'm going home.' "

Guyger testified that she had put her key in the door and realized it was unlocked. Thinking someone had broken in, she drew her gun and entered the apartment.

Guyger said she ordered Jean, "Let me see your hands," and that he instead started to move toward her. Prosecutors countered that nobody in the apartment complex heard her instruct Jean to raise his hands.

Within seconds of opening the door, she fired two shots at Jean. One of the bullets struck him in the chest, killing him.

Guyger called 911 and told the operator over and over: "I thought it was my apartment."
------

Under Texas law, convicting a defendant of murder requires proving someone intentionally killed another person, as opposed to manslaughter, in which prosecutors have to show someone was killed because of recklessness.

Ex-Dallas Officer Who Killed Man In His Own Apartment Is Found Guilty Of Murder

Guyger’s team argued in a brief filed Tuesday that although she did knowingly shoot with the intention of killing Jean, her belief that he was an intruder justified her use of deadly force.

“The evidence was legally insufficient to prove beyond reasonable doubt that Guyger committed murder because (1) through mistake, Guyger formed a reasonable belief about a matter of fact — that she entered her apartment and there was an intruder inside — and (2) her mistaken belief negated the culpability of murder because although she intentionally and knowingly caused Jean’s death, she had the right to act in deadly force in self defense since her belief that deadly force was immediately necessary was reasonable under the circumstances,” court documents read.
-----
Guyger’s defense team has previously argued that the confusing layout of the upper floors at the apartment complex contributed to the situation that led to Jean’s death. Guyger lived on the the fourth floor, and Jean lived directly below her.

In the appeal, Guyger’s defense team mentions that residents of her complex often walk into or enter the wrong apartment or park on the wrong floor. Several residents testified about this at her trial.

Of 71 tenants interviewed, 44% said they had walked into the wrong apartment on the wrong floor before, court documents state. Twenty-three percent of tenants said they had accidentally gone to the wrong door and entered their key into the lock, according to court documents.

Amber Guyger’s defense team seeks to overturn her murder conviction for killing Botham Jean

So the kid that allegedly shot you. Lets say he is arrested and gets out on bail.

He hasn't been convicted of anything yet.

Should he still have access to a gun? If not..why not?

No, because one of his conditions of bond is he cannot possess a firearm, so that is already illegal.

He didn't "allegedly" shoot me. I have 14 bullet holes on my body showing where he shot me 6 times.

Last edited:
He told the truth......they want all guns...they are not going to stop at AR-15s.....the AR-15 is the gateway gun....if they can be given the power to ban the semi-automatic AR-15 on false claims that it is especially dangerous and unusual...then there will be no defense when they come for all the other semi-automatic rifles, pistols and shotguns....they all operate the same way, they have all been used in mass public shootings.
Hope you are not completely correct, but not certain. You very well might be. I didn't see how the 9mm thing came up and don't remember, just remember hearing and thinking "uh-oh, don't go there Joe". You got to admit, though, my AR has capabilities not found in my 30/30 lever action bush gun/ deer rifle.

And therein lies the problem.
The people who get to decide this believe that includes everyone but themselves and their bodyguards.
Wrong again. Some of us actually are responsible, trained, noted in files, etc. You don't get put on an international flight, with a loaded weapon in a shoulder holster and locked briefcase handcuffed to your passive wrist, if you have not been checked, out the wazoo, and they are certain you are not some yokel.

Hope you are not completely correct, but not certain. You very well might be. I didn't see how the 9mm thing came up and don't remember, just remember hearing and thinking "uh-oh, don't go there Joe". You got to admit, though, my AR has capabilities not found in my 30/30 lever action bush gun/ deer rifle.

Yeah....it is easier for different sized people to shoot, far easier to clean, easy to customize, and easy to use to save lives in a self defense encounter......

It can be hard to use a lever action rifle against more than one attacker as well....especially at closer ranges.

No, because one of his conditions of bond is he cannot possess a firearm, so that is already illegal.
Oh, I thought you meant due process. Not bond conditions. Due process is innocent until proven guilty. Now you're talking about the accused losing rights. Which is fine...I have zero problem with the accused losing rights in most cases...
He didn't "allegedly" shoot me. I have 14 bullet holes on my body showing where he shot me 6 times.
🥱

Again with Amber Guyger?

What is it with you?

When you tell me the motive for her having shot the guy she thought was in her apartment, then we can talk....you refuse to tell me the motive.....even now, after the trial is over....it should be really easy .....

But in tearful testimony last week, Guyger said she was "scared to death" when she opened what she thought was her own apartment door and saw the silhouette of a man she mistook for an intruder.

"I was scared whoever was inside my apartment was going to kill me," she told the jury. "No police officer would want to hurt an innocent person."

Guyger lived on the third floor of an apartment complex just south of downtown Dallas. Her lawyers said she was in uniform and had just finished a 13-hour workday on Sept. 6th, 2018, when she mistakenly opened Jean's door.

"What was going through Amber's mind was just, 'I'm going home,' " defense lawyer Robert Rogers said. " 'I'm exhausted, and I'm going home.' "

Guyger testified that she had put her key in the door and realized it was unlocked. Thinking someone had broken in, she drew her gun and entered the apartment.

Guyger said she ordered Jean, "Let me see your hands," and that he instead started to move toward her. Prosecutors countered that nobody in the apartment complex heard her instruct Jean to raise his hands.

Within seconds of opening the door, she fired two shots at Jean. One of the bullets struck him in the chest, killing him.

Guyger called 911 and told the operator over and over: "I thought it was my apartment."
------

Under Texas law, convicting a defendant of murder requires proving someone intentionally killed another person, as opposed to manslaughter, in which prosecutors have to show someone was killed because of recklessness.

Ex-Dallas Officer Who Killed Man In His Own Apartment Is Found Guilty Of Murder

Guyger’s team argued in a brief filed Tuesday that although she did knowingly shoot with the intention of killing Jean, her belief that he was an intruder justified her use of deadly force.

“The evidence was legally insufficient to prove beyond reasonable doubt that Guyger committed murder because (1) through mistake, Guyger formed a reasonable belief about a matter of fact — that she entered her apartment and there was an intruder inside — and (2) her mistaken belief negated the culpability of murder because although she intentionally and knowingly caused Jean’s death, she had the right to act in deadly force in self defense since her belief that deadly force was immediately necessary was reasonable under the circumstances,” court documents read.
-----
Guyger’s defense team has previously argued that the confusing layout of the upper floors at the apartment complex contributed to the situation that led to Jean’s death. Guyger lived on the the fourth floor, and Jean lived directly below her.

In the appeal, Guyger’s defense team mentions that residents of her complex often walk into or enter the wrong apartment or park on the wrong floor. Several residents testified about this at her trial.

Of 71 tenants interviewed, 44% said they had walked into the wrong apartment on the wrong floor before, court documents state. Twenty-three percent of tenants said they had accidentally gone to the wrong door and entered their key into the lock, according to court documents.

Amber Guyger’s defense team seeks to overturn her murder conviction for killing Botham Jean
She's a convicted murderer who, you think, should have gotten zero jail time.

Any argument you make about sentencing being too light is complete and utter bullshit.

She's a convicted murderer who, you think, should have gotten zero jail time.

Any argument you make about sentencing being too light is complete and utter bullshit.

Still waiting for you to tell us her motive.

...It will contain policy provisions that ban assault rifles (largely that mirrors the 1994 law), that bans high capacity magazines, that closes the gun show and internet purchases loop holes for background checks and that stops the automatic approval if the background check is not completed within three days but rather lets gun sellers use an approved list by the respective federal agencies of internet companies that do automatic background check to do the checking it won't be as good as the FBI system but the public systems are pretty good at identifying a person's criminal record history. Lastly, the bill should have red flag provisions that flag people that are at high risk of using guns in a violent manner and mirror these provisions after the Manchin/Toomey bill provisions in this area....

First of all, any and all federal firearms legislations are totally illegal.
Second is that there is no such thing as an "assault weapon" and ARs are LESS POWERFUL and LESS DEADLY than hunting rifles.
Third is that background checks should already be pre-approved, and anyone who fails a background check likely should already be living in a halfway house, under supervision.
Red flag laws are totally illegal because they are not done through the courts, so deny the right of defense.
You can NEVER make society safer by making objects illegal, since there are infinite means of causing harm, and way too many illegal ways to get harmful objects.
It is harmful people you have to jail, not all the possible means by which they might cause harm.

Forum List

Back