Bidens student loan forgiveness. It brings up a few major questions in my mind.

Resnic

Diamond Member
May 2, 2021
We all know about Biden and his administrations desire to pay student loans so I won't go into it much. I'll just jump straight to two questions that come to mind over this I'd been pondering.

1- if young people are so incapable of being able to read and agree to terms and conditions for student loans, that their ignorance is so profound, that they are being scammed by lenders and unable to understand a contract that says "we will lend you money if you agree to pay it back with X amount of interest", then why do we allow these dumb young people have the ability to decide their gender and get hormone blockers and surgeries? Why are they allowed to even vote? Why are allowed to make any adult decisions in life? Why are they allowed to finance a car?

2- why aren't other borrowers allowed to also get their debts paid off? If students get their loans paid for they get to keep their education. Myself for example, I read and agreed to a home loan mortgage that contract that was as big as the bible that was worth a lot more than a lot of students loans. I signed a contract to pay back the 175,000 dollar (after down payment) loan I took to pay for my house. Or what about the contract I signed to finance my car? Or that I agreed to for my credit card? I made the same decisions they did, so why isn't my loans forgiven? I mean yes I'm older, but I still don't understand those contracts anymore now than I did when I was 14. I'd need a team of lawyers to decipher all that language for me. But I atleast understood "I'm borrowing X amount of dollars to be paid back in X amount of years, with X amount of interest" because that all I needed to really know, and I did that when I was 18 and financed my first car and I paid it off like I should have, no one paid it for me.

3- what about all the people who took student loans and paid them back? Don't they deserve something for doing what they are supposed to do? Why do only the ones that fail deserve get rewarded?

And a side thought. I wonder how long before schools start raising tuition or fees? I mean if schools know 300 billion dollars is floating around how long before they raise rates to get a piece of it. Some electric vehicle manufacturers raised their prices soon as Biden put in a refund for ev purchases.

We all know about Biden and his administrations desire to pay student loans so I won't go into it much. I'll just jump straight to two questions that come to mind over this I'd been pondering.

1- if young people are so incapable of being able to read and agree to terms and conditions for student loans, that their ignorance is so profound, that they are being scammed by lenders and unable to understand a contract that says "we will lend you money if you agree to pay it back with X amount of interest", then why do we allow these dumb young people have the ability to decide their gender and get hormone blockers and surgeries? Why are they allowed to even vote? Why are allowed to make any adult decisions in life? Why are they allowed to finance a car?

2- why aren't other borrowers allowed to also get their debts paid off? If students get their loans paid for they get to keep their education. Myself for example, I read and agreed to a home loan mortgage that contract that was as big as the bible that was worth a lot more than a lot of students loans. I signed a contract to pay back the 175,000 dollar (after down payment) loan I took to pay for my house. Or what about the contract I signed to finance my car? Or that I agreed to for my credit card? I made the same decisions they did, so why isn't my loans forgiven? I mean yes I'm older, but I still don't understand those contracts anymore now than I did when I was 14. I'd need a team of lawyers to decipher all that language for me. But I atleast understood "I'm borrowing X amount of dollars to be paid back in X amount of years, with X amount of interest" because that all I needed to really know, and I did that when I was 18 and financed my first car and I paid it off like I should have, no one paid it for me.

3- what about all the people who took student loans and paid them back? Don't they deserve something for doing what they are supposed to do? Why do only the ones that fail deserve get rewarded?

And a side thought. I wonder how long before schools start raising tuition or fees? I mean if schools know 300 billion dollars is floating around how long before they raise rates to get a piece of it. Some electric vehicle manufacturers raised their prices soon as Biden put in a refund for ev purchases.
"why aren't other borrowers allowed to also get their debts paid off?"
Because they aren't whiny little bitches like today's liberal college students.

"why aren't other borrowers allowed to also get their debts paid off?"
Because they aren't whiny little bitches like today's liberal college students.
We are all dumber for having read yiur highky emotional, triggered response.

Why are such stupid, irresponsible people allowed to vote?

"Don't people realize that Biden's student loan forgiveness program is a transparent - and supremely cynical - attempt to energize young voters this November so as to preserve their majority in Congress? Oh, wait, no - you're too stupid, because you're Americans....Sorry to disagree, but the November elections will be won by the democrats in both houses. I'm not saying fairly. But they will be won by the democrats."
(Gonzalo Lira)

We are all dumber for having read yiur highky emotional, triggered response.
Maybe you misread the post....He's not wrong.

There's nothing wrong with being "triggered" by a obviously flawed EO that picks winners and losers.....Indeed the progs (with liberal college pedigrees) are already bitching that it did not go far enough, they want even more "relief" from their contractual obligations.

President Joe Biden’s plan to cancel $10,000 in federal student debt for millions of U.S. residents prompted feelings of relief by some North Bay residents, but others said it didn’t go far enough.

Student loan forgiveness a 'big help’ for some, 'pennies on the dollar’ for other North Bay residents

Sleepy Joe should forgive the loans people took from shylocks.

Such a move would break the back of the nation's usury racketeers who would suddenly have a load of non-performing debts on the books.

Yes.
Yes.

I did not expect or demand anyone else be forced to pay it off for me.
Then please re-read my comment - you have clearly misinterpreted it.
I AGREE with you. I have paid back all of my loans too.
My comment states that only entitled college students feel they shouldn't have to pay back their loans.
How did you miss that?

Let me ask you the other side of the question.

Did you ever make a loan to someone? Did they pay it back?

If they didn't, were you petulant about it?
Do you not understand that I am arguing that people SHOULD pay back their loans?

A lot of these people are 18 years of age... Do banks normally give 250k loans to 18 year olds? Why?
Because Education used to be free... It is still free in other first world countries... Why? Because it used to be that educating our children was considered a duty on our society just like the generations before us. All Children.
Somewhere along the line someone thought that charging them was a good idea.. The monetised the education of the next generation...
Bad Idea back then, bad idea now...
How about all those people who bought slaves..
Well that is a good question... US has privatised and profiteered the education system. Education Businesses have been taking advantage of their cartel and raising prices which they think the market can take... This the result of the privatisation of education in the US...

"Don't people realize that Biden's student loan forgiveness program is a transparent - and supremely cynical - attempt to energize young voters this November so as to preserve their majority in Congress? Oh, wait, no - you're too stupid, because you're Americans....Sorry to disagree, but the November elections will be won by the democrats in both houses. I'm not saying fairly. But they will be won by the democrats."
(Gonzalo Lira)
I doubt that any of the Moon Bats that couldn't pay back their loans for a worthless degree were ever not going to vote for Potatohead or an idiot Democrat in the first place.

A lot of Americans are pissed about Potatohead's blatant attempt to buy votes. This action will cost the Democrats more votes than it gains.

My youngest son is an Iraq War veteran. He doesn't have any college debt but he does have a mortgage on his home.

Why not pay for his home debt? He is a lot more deserving than some worthless peice of shit that went to college and can't make a living off their degree, isn't he?

buyVotes.png

Don't give them any ideas. A few short months ago Biden & Co we talking about spending 6 trillion dollars on the BBB (which stands for the Green New Deal) and people like Bernie were saying, "That's just the beginning".

Forum List

Back