Biden's new student debt repayment plan (SAVE) has 4 million signups.

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
The Biden administration's new student loan repayment plan has enrolled 4 million people in the two weeks since it launched in late July, Education Department officials said on Tuesday.

The new plan, called the Saving on a Valuable Education (SAVE) plan, could lower monthly repayments for about 20 million borrowers. The SAVE plan debuted with a beta rollout and was ready for all applicants in mid-August.

The SAVE plan is an income-driven repayment program, or IDR, which pegs a borrower's monthly payment to their income, lowering their out-of-pocket costs. The Biden administration developed SAVE in response to criticisms about existing plans that had major pitfalls, such as allowing interest to snowball on a borrower's debt.

Of the 4 million enrollees so far, most were migrated from an earlier IDR plan called the REPAYE program, while 1 million additional borrowers have applied for the SAVE program since it opened for applications this summer, officials said on a Tuesday press call.

IMG_2987_jpeg-2944714.JPG

You wait, next will be new legislation that doesn't allow a bad credit score against these cheapskates.

Oh and get this.....They don't have to pay taxes on the forgiven amount.

Once approved, the government forgives the remainder of the federal loan balance. PSLF is one of the few programs that is excluded from federal income taxes; none of the forgiven loan amount is taxable as income.....Feel like a chump yet?

The Biden administration's new student loan repayment plan has enrolled 4 million people in the two weeks since it launched in late July, Education Department officials said on Tuesday.

The new plan, called the Saving on a Valuable Education (SAVE) plan, could lower monthly repayments for about 20 million borrowers. The SAVE plan debuted with a beta rollout and was ready for all applicants in mid-August.

The SAVE plan is an income-driven repayment program, or IDR, which pegs a borrower's monthly payment to their income, lowering their out-of-pocket costs. The Biden administration developed SAVE in response to criticisms about existing plans that had major pitfalls, such as allowing interest to snowball on a borrower's debt.

Of the 4 million enrollees so far, most were migrated from an earlier IDR plan called the REPAYE program, while 1 million additional borrowers have applied for the SAVE program since it opened for applications this summer, officials said on a Tuesday press call.

You wait, next will be new legislation that doesn't allow a bad credit score against these cheapskates.

Once approved, the government forgives the remainder of the federal loan balance. PSLF is one of the few programs that is excluded from federal income taxes; none of the forgiven loan amount is taxable as income.....Feel like a chump yet?
I am strange. I figure your debts are your debts and you should pay them. My mom, paid her college loans. My brother paid his. I came out of college with no debt and so did my sons. Maybe you shouldn't indenture yourself lightly without thought of having to pay back what you borrow.

I am strange. I figure your debts are your debts and you should pay them. My mom, paid her college loans. My brother paid his. I came out of college with no debt and so did my sons. Maybe you shouldn't indenture yourself lightly without thought of having to pay back what you borrow.
It doesn't seem to matter anymore.....Sort of like the guy/gal that showed-up on time every day ready for work, did his/her job but was replaced by two H1B immigrants for the same the price....Oh and they are also expected to train them.

That looks suspiciously like federal student loan forgiveness for the low income. I thought the Supreme Court ruled that Biden couldn't forgive student loans?

Forum List

Back