Biden's IRS going after Uber drivers, part-timers, single moms trying to make ends meet, and students working gigs to pay for school

No, I don't!
Color me shocked. beaker-fire.gif

Even though our President and his family engage in rampant influence peddling and then don't pay taxes on what they've scammed?

Go on......get it all out.

did i ever call you a faggot ? and if you aint a faggot you need to stick to drinking black coffee because you and moonglow, rightwinger, bulldog ect ... are only couple of pumpkin spice latte's away from taking it up the ass on a regular bases ...sissy boy .
Idnar, the tough guy. Is it diaper change time already?

now you have to get a 1099 so the Govt knows the kid at the lemonade stand is making $601.00....
So? You get a 1099 int if you have $3 in interest from a savings account. That doesn’t mean you have to file.

No, that's not actually the case. Back in the day people didn't declare cash tips and the IRS didn't chase you on that. I remember when they started.
But they should have declared cash tips. That was the law. Are you defending tax fraud?

No taxes are being raised.
That's your defense, that no tax RATES are being raised? The fact that a whole lot of low-income workers are now going to have to declare more income and pay more income taxes flew over your head because tax RATES weren't going up?

That's your defense, that no tax RATES are being raised? The fact that a whole lot of low-income workers are now going to have to declare more income and pay more income taxes flew over your head because tax RATES weren't going up?
The law already required them to declare this income. Are you saying they weren’t following the law?

The law already required them to declare this income. Are you saying they weren’t following the law?
Of course I'm saying that they are not, and the ones scraping by on very little didn't declare it because they probably didn't make enough on tips to have the 1099 filed, which would increase their chances of being caught. Now, their chances of being caught just went up, which is why I am correct in stating that this change to the tax code will impact low-income workers the most, and I find it interesting that the left is all over it, supporting it. Why is that?

Yes, they should have declared the income, but how many low-income workers are going to carefully keep track of how much they make in tips and dutifully report it to the IRS?

Of course I'm saying that they are not, and the ones scraping by on very little didn't declare it because they probably didn't make enough on tips to have the 1099 filed, which would increase their chances of being caught. Now, their chances of being caught just went up, which is why I am correct in stating that this change to the tax code will impact low-income workers the most, and I find it interesting that the left is all over it, supporting it. Why is that?

Yes, they should have declared the income, but how many low-income workers are going to carefully keep track of how much they make in tips and dutifully report it to the IRS?
So the problem you’re claiming is that people who weren’t following the law will not need to follow the law.

Is that right?

So the problem you’re claiming is that people who weren’t following the law will not need to follow the law.

Is that right?
No, I'm claiming, and have seen nothing to counter it, that people who were not following the law are going to be paying more income taxes than they did before because of the tightened reporting requirements. Sure, they should have been paying taxes on their tip money all along, but when you're working hard for not so much money, you're not really inclined to let Uncle Sam have any more of your paycheck than you really need to. Heck, that's true no matter what your income is. That's one reason why I use an accountant, to make sure I'm using only legitimate deductions, because it's far too easy to run afoul of one IRS regulation or other.

Now, why do you argue that these low-income workers should be forced to pay more income tax?

No, I'm claiming, and have seen nothing to counter it, that people who were not following the law are going to be paying more income taxes than they did before because of the tightened reporting requirements. Sure, they should have been paying taxes on their tip money all along, but when you're working hard for not so much money, you're not really inclined to let Uncle Sam have any more of your paycheck than you really need to. Heck, that's true no matter what your income is. That's one reason why I use an accountant, to make sure I'm using only legitimate deductions, because it's far too easy to run afoul of one IRS regulation or other.

Now, why do you argue that these low-income workers should be forced to pay more income tax?
You’re saying basically the same thing as me.

I think everyone should be required to follow the law. They may be paying more tax but that’s only because they weren’t paying what they were required to by law.

Take two people who “struggle”, making the exact same amount of income. One makes all their money on a W2 and one earns a lot in side jobs. Is it fair that the first one has to pay more in taxes than the second one who is illegally underreporting their income?

You’re saying basically the same thing as me.

I think everyone should be required to follow the law. They may be paying more tax but that’s only because they weren’t paying what they were required to by law.

Take two people who “struggle”, making the exact same amount of income. One makes all their money on a W2 and one earns a lot in side jobs. Is it fair that the first one has to pay more in taxes than the second one who is illegally underreporting their income?
Of course they should follow the law. Unfortunately, when we really try to follow the tax code, we quickly find out it's a nightmare to try to figure it out, much less stay in complete compliance. While I prefer we all follow the law, and try to as much as I can, I can't get real worked up about some low-income workers busting their backs for a few dollars keeping as much as they can away from Uncle Sam. I mean, what are we talking about here, after all? Is it really worth the IRS spending more going after these people than the amount they'll collect?

Of course they should follow the law. Unfortunately, when we really try to follow the tax code, we quickly find out it's a nightmare to try to figure it out, much less stay in complete compliance. While I prefer we all follow the law, and try to as much as I can, I can't get real worked up about some low-income workers busting their backs for a few dollars keeping as much as they can away from Uncle Sam. I mean, what are we talking about here, after all? Is it really worth the IRS spending more going after these people than the amount they'll collect?
Where is the IRS spending more money? This is really just a regulation for Venmo to keep track of payments to people who use it for business and send them a 1099. If anything, it makes compliance much easier for individuals. You were complaining about people not having the ability to keep track, well now they don’t have to since Venmo sends you the form.

There’s no “going after” anyone, whatever that means. It seems like that phrase is just a fear tactic.

Forum List

Back