Biden will set out a moonshot plan to cut the US death rate from cancer by at least 50% over the next 25years, relaunching program started under Obama

Just watched it.

Wow. Biden demonstrated more humanity and intelligence in that one speech than his predecessor has in his fucking lifetime.

Even the mediocre Biden can do that. What a wonderful contrast.

I was wondering when the Biden cultists would show up to defend their leader. Welcome!

finally he did something right. that's my president

He completely failed at curing COVID, so now he is announcing that he will cure half of all cancers in 25 years.

This is just deflection for the poor saps who voted for him. It seems to have worked, based on the OP. Did the OP believe Biden when he said a dozen times that he was going to "shut down the virus?" Biden's numbers are worse than Trump's and Biden had three vaccines and countless effective treatments available.

On reducing cancer deaths in the coming decades.... First of all, that will probably happen anyway.

Secondly, whatever he proposes will be more related to payback for Big Pharma which donates gazillions to Democrats, and very little to do with Science...

Moonshot, my foot. We sure could use a cure for dementia right now.

Biden: "I was told, "Patients don't wanna share their data"... They all wanna share their data..." the president says leaning in to the mic to awkward laughter.

"Sometimes y'all don't wanna share what you know," before looking aimlessly round the room.

"BIDEN: Misattributes Famous Vince Lombardi Quote, Says the Quote Anyways"

Biden will set out a moonshot plan​

The original moonshot plan spent money hand-over-fist --- $152 BILLION in today's dollars to land a total of 12 men on the moon.

It did so with no long-term goal other than getting there first and no follow on to make use of the money invested.

After doing so, all research in manned space effectively ended and not a single human has been beyond low-Earth orbit in 55 years.

So, when I hear "moonshot plan" I can only imagine a hugely wasteful government program with a very limited definition of success that may cripple medical research in this country for half a century.

Getting rid of cancer is going to take much heavier regulation of what chemicals we allow industry to push out into our air, water, and food. Therefore it won't happen. It's a huge negative against this nation. HUGE negative. HUGE.

Forum List

Back