Biden WH Believes Cyberterrorism That Prompted Largest Refinery To Shut Down Crude Units, Paralyzing Gas Distribution, Is A “Private Sector Decision'.

I have never paid anyone who tried to take over my personal computer with ransomware why in the hell would I do it in this instance? There is a way to beat ransomware.
So you dont support the lib decision to pay Putin $5 million in ranspm?
Five million is chump change in the situation that is really at issue. Biden appears to want to go soft on sanctioning companies involved with Germany-Russia's Nordstream2 pipeline that will bypass Ukraine. Supposedly, Biden's aim is to restart cooperation with Germany on things like terrorism and trade. Trump too was ok with the pipeline, but I have no idea why.

The bipartisan senate wants sanctions. We've already cost the Ruskies more than 5 million over Ukraine. But much of Putin's and the oligarch income is ....."off the books."

Christopher Krebs, the former director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency at the Department of Homeland Security, praised the Biden administration for taking action to address cybersecurity threats. Krebs spoke with CBS News chief Washington correspondent Major Garrett for this week's episode of "The Takeout" podcast.
President Biden signed an executive order Wednesday aimed at hardening the federal government's cybersecurity defenses by directing the Commerce Department to author new standards for software vendors supplying the federal government. Krebs called the action a "dramatic game change" that showed Mr. Biden's "committed leadership vision" to prioritize cybersecurity concerns.

You left out the most important part.

The executive order — months in the making — falls short of addressing critical infrastructure, including oil and gas pipelines, but directs the Commerce Department to author new standards for software vendors supplying the federal government.

1621014902743.png

Christopher Krebs, the former director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency at the Department of Homeland Security, praised the Biden administration for taking action to address cybersecurity threats. Krebs spoke with CBS News chief Washington correspondent Major Garrett for this week's episode of "The Takeout" podcast.
President Biden signed an executive order Wednesday aimed at hardening the federal government's cybersecurity defenses by directing the Commerce Department to author new standards for software vendors supplying the federal government. Krebs called the action a "dramatic game change" that showed Mr. Biden's "committed leadership vision" to prioritize cybersecurity concerns.

You left out the most important part.

The executive order — months in the making — falls short of addressing critical infrastructure, including oil and gas pipelines, but directs the Commerce Department to author new standards for software vendors supplying the federal government.
I posted a story for you to read, I am not allowed to post the entire article....

I posted a story for you to read, I am not allowed to post the entire article....

Understood but it seems you deliberately left those two sentences out. Biden did not react to this cyber attack. According to your own source, he's been working on this for months, it has nothing to do with protecting our infrastructure, and it's more for government than anything else.

I have never paid anyone who tried to take over my personal computer with ransomware why in the hell would I do it in this instance? There is a way to beat ransomware.
So you dont support the lib decision to pay Putin $5 million in ranspm?
Five million is chump change in the situation that is really at issue. Biden appears to want to go soft on sanctioning companies involved with Germany-Russia's Nordstream2 pipeline that will bypass Ukraine. Supposedly, Biden's aim is to restart cooperation with Germany on things like terrorism and trade. Trump too was ok with the pipeline, but I have no idea why.

The bipartisan senate wants sanctions. We've already cost the Ruskies more than 5 million over Ukraine. But much of Putin's and the oligarch income is ....."off the books."
I agree that $5 million is not the important issue

our lack of cyber security is the stinky pile of poop on the white house lawn that the news media is ignoring because they love Dear Old Joe so much

Pipelines are strategic infrastructure and vital to our national security

Whats next?

Will the russians or chinese or iranians or north koreans shut off water to our homes?

Play with the air traffic control system so that airliners are crashing into each other?

Bien cant just write this off as a private issue and go take a nap in his bunker

“This is a Private Sector Decision” –

WH Officials Say They Have Not Offered

Advice to Colonial Pipeline on Whether

to Pay Ransom to Hackers (VIDEO)

The pipeline supplies half the East Coast with fuel, to include Jet Fuel for some major airports. The Gov of NC has declared a State of Emergency due to gas shortages and huge lines.

"The largest US refinery shut two crude units in Port Arthur, Texas this weekend after hackers caused the Colonial Pipeline to shut down.

According to the FBI, the “DarkSide” hacker gang began attacking the pipeline operator on Friday and stole massive amounts of data.

“The FBI confirms that the Darkside ransomware is responsible for the compromise of the Colonial Pipeline networks. We continue to work with the company and our government partners on the investigation,” the “premier” law enforcement agency said in a statement on Monday."

The FBI has already come out and declared that Russia had no part in this hack and that 'Darkside' has no connection to Putin / Russia....despite the FBI claiming the investigation is still on-going.....despite several experts having come out and declaring that some members of Darkside are believed to be former members of the Russian Govt's cyber agency.

"The FBI lies about everything so who really knows where this cyberattack is coming from."

Biden's WH, however, stated that a foreign cyber attack that shutdown a major oil pipeline that supplies a large amount of gas and jet fuel to the east coast, that has caused an entire state to declare a State of Emergency, is not a FEDERAL / National Security Issue but is instead a 'Private Sector Issue'.

** Not long ago Biden reversed President Trump's decision to deny the CCP having access to our Electrical grid, and now the CCP has access to our electrical grid....which, although may SEEM like a National Security risk, is nothing to worry about.

:p

This is what you get when you put opportunists in the White House, who care about using the political office to enrich themselves, rather than PROTECT THE PEOPLE (always governments # 1 responsibility/job).

Forum List

Back