Biden VP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you are the Party of identity politics, so it is important to try to have the right skin color and ethnicity to run.

We are a big tent party...open to all

Republicans are white, male and Protestant
Both Parties are open to all, but Republicans choose their candidates on merit while Democrats are more interested in race and ethnicity.
Very true

And Republicans only consider white, male Protestants to have merit.
No others need apply.
Not true. Both Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice topped the polls of Republican voters but both decided not to run. You see, Republicans respect merit regardless of race, but Democrats nominated a nobody who had nothing in 2008 because he was black.

Sooooooooooo you're saying Republicans nominated a nobody who had nothing in 2016 because he was orange?

He was hardly a nobody, and the orange crap is juvenile.

Biden needs two things in a Vice President
Someone who can deliver swing states
Given Biden would only serve one term and is quite old, someone who can step in as President.

The Biden veepstakes

1. Liz Warren: Name recognition, solidifies liberal wing
2. Amy Klobuchar: Can deliver key Midwest votes
3. Kamala Harris: Impressive speaker, black vote
4. Corey Booker: Articulate and passionate, black vote
5. Stacey Abrams: Georgia, black vote
6. Gov Lujan Grisham of New Mexico: little known, Hispanic vote

I think Buttigieg and Klobuchar are two very strong possibilities. They have the most in common with Biden's political philosophy, in my opinion. Warren is not likable. Abrams is nuts. Booker is a clown. I don't agree that Hispanics will flock to Biden in any greater number than normal simply because he picks a Hispanic VP. I don't know why white people keep thinking the only thing minorities care about is the color of the candidate's skin. As if jobs, the economy, education, health care, etc. somehow don't matter to us.

What makes Abrams “nuts”?

Have you heard her speak? she is a certified moron. The voters of Georgia saw that. But I guess being a black female overrides the need to be intelligent and cogent.

I want every candidate to have a complete physical and mental evaluation by an unbiased medical facility and the results made public. Do you agree?

DO IT. :deal:
And I mean YESTERDAY. Not just yesterday but let's say, January 19, 2017.

That's an astonishingly excellent idea. Who wouldn't want that? I agree. Thousands and thousands of people dancing on rooftops agree. Three million illegals agree. Wonderful places in Germany agree. The Bronx agrees. Very fine people agree although David Duke is prolly not crazy about the idea. But John Miller and John Baron and David Dennson agree as does "Substantial Steve". So do Tim Apple and Marilyn Lockheed. In fact women, Muslims, Mexicans, the entire countries of Bhutan and Nepal, the NFL and "shithole countries" agree, as do the people of Alabama bracing for hurricanes, people with congenital disabilities, people who don't let the rain stop them from paying tribute to a war memorial, the proofreaders at Time Magazine, the Central Park Five, and allllll those Vietnam vets who put their lives on the line while others were fighting the good fight in the sex clubs of New York and the Revolutionary War pilots were taking over the airports. They are unanimous.

Thanks for the swell new sigline.

Last edited:
you are very wrong about all of that. Cost does not prevent people from getting treatment. Sick people in the USA are treated, if you don't have insurance then medicaid or medicare, or some charity will cover the costs.

the "people can't afford treatment" and " people go bankrupt because or medical bills" lies are coming from the same people that want YOU and ME to have a VA like medical system where the treatment is crappy and the waits are very long.

There is nothing wrong with American medical care today. The leftist claims are nothing but an attempt to nationalize 1/5 of our economy. Its about control, not medicine.

Are you saying that if I or my husband were to go to a doctor to have a procedure done that I then wouldn’t have to pay the remainder of the bill after insurance? Millions of middle class people like me certainly would have bills from any medical procedure done after co pays and insurance and such. I know that anybody can go into an ER and receive care and if you are legitimately poor or homeless or what have you that arrangements could potentially be made but for millions of working middle class people, even those with private insurance, will have to pay small to large medical bills depending on the service and many of those middle class people do in fact put off medical issues because of that expected cost. You have to know that, right?

You would receive a bill for the amount not covered by insurance. If you could not, or would not, pay the bill would be submitted to medicaid or some charity for payment, it still unpaid it would be written off by the hospital and the hospital would book a financial loss for tax purposes (not a real loss because the amount billed always exceeds the actual cost of providing the treatment, but a tax loss).

Do you actually think that hospitals collect from illegals who get treatment?

as to the ER, yes, they will ask if you have insurance or medicaid or medicare. If you don't you will still receive treatment and if you don't pay they will write if off. Its always been that way. Those of us that pay cover those who can't or won't. None of that would change under medicare for all, except that the quality of care would go down and everyone's taxes would go up significantly, even the 50% who currently pay no taxes.

it would be written off by the hospital and the hospital would book a financial loss for tax purposes (not a real loss because the amount billed always exceeds the actual cost of providing the treatment, but a tax loss).

The only losses they can write off are "real losses".

I think we have been down this road. You don't understand the tax code.

If the tax code means charging you $200,000 for a $50,000 procedure and claiming a net $100,000 loss, when I write your bill down by $100,000....instead of claiming a $50,000 gain ($100,000 revenue - $50,000 expense)

Then you're right, I don't understand YOUR tax code.

Feel free to post IRS info that backs your claim. Or not. Again.

OK for the last time.

the hospital creates a bill for 250K, it is submitted to your insurance carrier or medicare/medicaid. the hospital is paid 75K and shows a net loss of 175K, it doesn't matter what they actually spent on your treatment (for IRS purposes). Its not complicated.

another example. you go to a department store and buy $200 worth of clothes, and put it on a store credit card. Then you don't pay the bill when it comes in. The store records a loss of $200. It doesn't matter for tax purposes, that they only paid their supplier $50 for the clothes.

We are a big tent party...open to all

Republicans are white, male and Protestant
Both Parties are open to all, but Republicans choose their candidates on merit while Democrats are more interested in race and ethnicity.
Very true

No others need apply.
Not true. Both Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice topped the polls of Republican voters but both decided not to run. You see, Republicans respect merit regardless of race, but Democrats nominated a nobody who had nothing in 2008 because he was black.

Sooooooooooo you're saying Republicans nominated a nobody who had nothing in 2016 because he was orange?

The orange crap absolutely is juvenile. So why does he do it? That again goes to mental capacity.

But yeah since he never held a job in his life until January 20 2017, never took any responsibility for anything in his 70 years, I'd say that establishes a 'nobody'.

I want every candidate to have a complete physical and mental evaluation by an unbiased medical facility and the results made public. Do you agree?

Sadly its not up to me, or you. but we voters are entitled to know. Do you really think the DNC would support such an action?

Very true

No others need apply.

The orange crap absolutely is juvenile. So why does he do it? That again goes to mental capacity.

But yeah since he never held a job in his life until January 20 2017, never took any responsibility for anything in his 70 years, I'd say that establishes a 'nobody'.

so a guy that builds a multi billion dollar company "never had a job" ? Wonder how Bill Gates and Warren Buffet would feel about that. Why don't you accuse them of never working?

Now, speaking of never having a job, Have you looked at Bernie's history?

Very true

No others need apply.

I'm not crazy about his hair, but I really don't care because he is getting the things done that I do care about. Low unemployment, strong military, improved trade deals, bringing our troops home , creating jobs, and finally calling out the corrupt lying media and the corrupt lying democrats.

/----/
A Confused Joe Biden Says 'We Can Only Re-Elect Donald Trump'

The current Democratic frontrunner fell and tripped repeatedly over his words as he stumbled through a campaign speech in Missouri on Saturday. The 77-year-old former vice president made a series of gaffes and incoherent statements as he appeared to lose his train of thought. At one point, he even mispronounced his own name.

"... We cannot get re-elect, we cannot win this re-election, excuse me. We can only re-elect Donald Trump," Biden said to his bewildered supporters. The candidate himself seemed caught off guard by his inability to keep his train of thought.
Did he tell stories about George Washington capturing British airports?

Glass houses my friend
/----/ You miss the point. You libtards started this by attacking Trump for minor mistakes and fumbles. So we counter with Crazy Joe the nonstop gaffe machine - then you counter with "glass houses."

I see conservatives on this tread attacking Biden on two counts.

Biden suffers from dementia
Biden molests young girls

If that is all you have, you had better be prepared to defend Trumps long, sordid history.

your fantasies are just that, fantasies. Biden has serious mental issues, he has always been a joke in congress, he was a fool as Obozo's VP, and he and his family are corrupt to the bone.

We didn't elect Trump to be pope, we elected him to fix the mess in this country, and he is doing exactly that.
LOL...from Caitlin Johnstone.

BREAKING: Biden again facing plagiarism allegations as critics allege his recent speeches match letter jumble, in bowl of alphabet soup.
The nutter “anarcho-psychonaut”. Rofl

That's an astonishingly excellent idea. Who wouldn't want that? I agree. Thousands and thousands of people dancing on rooftops agree. Three million illegals agree. Wonderful places in Germany agree. The Bronx agrees. Very fine people agree although David Duke is prolly not crazy about the idea. But John Miller and John Baron and David Dennson agree as does "Substantial Steve". So do Tim Apple and Marilyn Lockheed. In fact women, Muslims, Mexicans, the entire countries of Bhutan and Nepal, the NFL and "shithole countries" agree, as do the people of Alabama bracing for hurricanes, people with congenital disabilities, people who don't let the rain stop them from paying tribute to a war memorial, the proofreaders at Time Magazine, the Central Park Five, and allllll those Vietnam vets who put their lives on the line while others were fighting the good fight in the sex clubs of New York and the Revolutionary War pilots were taking over the airports. They are unanimous.

Thanks for the great sigline.

Sadly its not up to me, or you. but we voters are entitled to know. Do you really think the DNC would support such an action?

In a heartbeat.

Very true

No others need apply.

I'm not crazy about his hair, but I really don't care because he is getting the things done that I do care about. Low unemployment, strong military, improved trade deals, bringing our troops home , creating jobs, and finally calling out the corrupt lying media and the corrupt lying democrats.

Context is everthang m'boy. The reason "orange" was there is because the previous poster suggested Democrats nominated O'bama "because he was black". So tell me about "juvenile".

Did he tell stories about George Washington capturing British airports?

Glass houses my friend
/----/ You miss the point. You libtards started this by attacking Trump for minor mistakes and fumbles. So we counter with Crazy Joe the nonstop gaffe machine - then you counter with "glass houses."

I see conservatives on this tread attacking Biden on two counts.

Biden suffers from dementia
Biden molests young girls

If that is all you have, you had better be prepared to defend Trumps long, sordid history.

your fantasies are just that, fantasies. Biden has serious mental issues, he has always been a joke in congress, he was a fool as Obozo's VP, and he and his family are corrupt to the bone.

We didn't elect Trump to be pope, we elected him to fix the mess in this country, and he is doing exactly that.
LOL...from Caitlin Johnstone.

BREAKING: Biden again facing plagiarism allegations as critics allege his recent speeches match letter jumble, in bowl of alphabet soup.
The nutter “anarcho-psychonaut”. Rofl
You dirty sexist.

Millions of working people have to make decisions. Pay the rent or get that medical procedure you have been putting off? Should you buy food or take a half dose of your medication to make it last? Dental care? Can’t afford it.

Other countries look at us in shock

the dem parrot speaks. geez winger, do you enjoy being the laughing stock of USMB?
You failed to address my post

How are working Americans supposed to cover catastrophic medical expenses. And no, a magic genie does not step in and pay them.

I would even go a little simpler actually. Take a fairly basic injury. So for example if I were to go for a trail run and I step in a hole and sprain my ankle really badly (I actually did this to myself last year). It hurts badly, it’s swollen, you thought you heard a pop, but you don’t know if it’s just sprained or possibly fractured in some way. There are millions of people that would tell themselves to stay home and rest it and give it a few days because going to the ER means an expensive bill for something that could easily just be a sprain. In this case I chose to stay home and after a day or two it was feeling better, but it could have very well been broken and I would have had no choice but to suck it up and go to the ER or my primary care physician and most likely would have cost a few hundred dollars, possibly more, for the visit and x ray even with insurance. Most middle class Americans that go to the ER or to a doctor aren’t skipping out on the bill or relying on charity. They are trying to think of ways to afford to pay the bill on top of everting else.

Another example would be a normal middle class family that has their small child fall and break an arm. They have to bring the kid to the ER and they will have to get the child’s arm fixed. It’s a necessary medical need that when all is said and done will probably cost them over a thousand dollars even with insurance. In this case no parent will keep their kid home with a broken arm and so you know they expect to go to the doctor and spent the money, but how many middle class families will then have to look at their overall budget and make significant changes or possibly borrow some money in order to pay the bill for their kid AND continue to pay other bills and expenses as normal? I’m not saying it should be “free” but we shouldn’t have to have that kind of worry in my personal opinion. Affordable healthcare shouldn’t mean relying on charity or a payment plan or years to come in my opinion.
Most modern nations are aghast at the idea that a family could go bankrupt because of a medical issue or have to make trade offs of medical care or basic life necessities.

If you are sick or injured....it is taken care of.

US families are not going broke because of unpaid medical bills. That is a lie. If you are sick or injured in the USA you are taken care of, even if you are not a citizen or are here illegally. Do you think all the anchor babies are paid for by the mothers?
If you are working, you are financially obligated to pay for uncovered medical care no matter how outrageous.

There is no magic fairy that comes in and pays for you.

Very true

No others need apply.

The orange crap is juvenile
So is the massive comb over and odd hair coloring
So is his insistence that his wives get boob jobs and massive amounts of plastic surgery

Points to a superficial person

Are you saying that if I or my husband were to go to a doctor to have a procedure done that I then wouldn’t have to pay the remainder of the bill after insurance? Millions of middle class people like me certainly would have bills from any medical procedure done after co pays and insurance and such. I know that anybody can go into an ER and receive care and if you are legitimately poor or homeless or what have you that arrangements could potentially be made but for millions of working middle class people, even those with private insurance, will have to pay small to large medical bills depending on the service and many of those middle class people do in fact put off medical issues because of that expected cost. You have to know that, right?

You would receive a bill for the amount not covered by insurance. If you could not, or would not, pay the bill would be submitted to medicaid or some charity for payment, it still unpaid it would be written off by the hospital and the hospital would book a financial loss for tax purposes (not a real loss because the amount billed always exceeds the actual cost of providing the treatment, but a tax loss).

as to the ER, yes, they will ask if you have insurance or medicaid or medicare. If you don't you will still receive treatment and if you don't pay they will write if off. Its always been that way. Those of us that pay cover those who can't or won't. None of that would change under medicare for all, except that the quality of care would go down and everyone's taxes would go up significantly, even the 50% who currently pay no taxes.

it would be written off by the hospital and the hospital would book a financial loss for tax purposes (not a real loss because the amount billed always exceeds the actual cost of providing the treatment, but a tax loss).

If the tax code means charging you $200,000 for a $50,000 procedure and claiming a net $100,000 loss, when I write your bill down by $100,000....instead of claiming a $50,000 gain ($100,000 revenue - $50,000 expense)

OK for the last time.

the hospital creates a bill for 250K, it is submitted to your insurance carrier or medicare/medicaid. the hospital is paid 75K and shows a net loss of 175K, it doesn't matter what they actually spent on your treatment (for IRS purposes). Its not complicated.

another example. you go to a department store and buy $200 worth of clothes, and put it on a store credit card. Then you don't pay the bill when it comes in. The store records a loss of $200. It doesn't matter for tax purposes, that they only paid their supplier $50 for the clothes.

Wow. So wrong.

Ok, use cash accounting, they spent $50,000 on your treatment and insurance pays $75,000.

That's a $25,000 net profit. They'll owe taxes on $25,000.

upload_2020-3-11_10-43-15.png

Cash Basis Accounting vs. Accrual Accounting | Bench Accounting

Use accrual accounting, they spent $50,000 on your treatment and bill the insurance company $250,000.
If they expect the insurance company will pay in full, they book a profit of $200,000. They'll owe taxes on $200,000.

If the insurance only pays $75,000 the hospital will write-off the uncollectible $175,000 and this reduces net profit from $200,000 to $25,000. Now they owe taxes on $25,000.

upload_2020-3-11_10-56-9.png

Allowance for Doubtful Accounts and Bad Debt Expenses | Cornell University Division of Financial Affairs

To prevent wild swings in reported income, the hospital will probably set up a reserve for every bill they submit to that insurance company. If they expect to collect 40% of each bill, they would record the $50,000 expense and $100,000 of income ($250,000 receivable minus the $150,000 in the allowance [or reserve or contra] account)

Initially they report $50,000 net profit.

If they only receive $75,000 they will first reduce the contra account from $150,000 down to zero. No change yet to income. Now they need to also write-off the remaining uncollectible amount of $25,000.
This reduces the initial reported profit of $50,000 down to $25,000.

Both methods, cash and accrual, give the identical taxable result, they owe taxes on $25,000.

Neither result will ever give a loss of $175,000 for tax purposes.

Never, ever, ever.

I hope you've never submitted a corporate return using your faulty understanding. Seriously

Very true

No others need apply.

th
so a guy that builds a multi billion dollar company "never had a job" ? Wonder how Bill Gates and Warren Buffet would feel about that. Why don't you accuse them of never working?

While Bill Gates and Warren Buffet may not have to lift a whole lot of fingers today they --- like the vast majority of all of us --- had jobs at some point. I did, you did, we all did. We went begging some employer to consider us for a position, knowing that we might or might not get it, and if we did get it would have to commit to meeting that employer's expectations every day, whether we felt like it or not, and if we did not meet those expectations we could be replaced with somebody else. In other words taking responsibility.

Rump literally never had that. What he did was stand still while Daddy stuffed money in his hand saying "here son, here's umpteen million dollars I scammed off the government, have fun". Bad idea. Son then used it to hose his Edifice Complex, blasting his name all over everything like some giant porn money shot.

Of course some of those money shots didn't work out real well but we can't talk about the USFL, Atlantic Shitty, Fraud University or vitamins where you send in your pee, because "I only licensed my name, I didn't run the company" -- again, evasion of responsibility. Came up with mystery "bone spurs" which amazingly have never been seen since, to evade military service, but wanting to still be involved, took some of Daddy's money to New York sex clubs to make the world safe for Numero Uno's Dick. Again, entirely self-satisfying. Had children but wanted no part of the parenting therein except for using one of them at age fifteen to pose for soft porn pics, again self-satisfaction because it's all about Numero Uno. Invented fake press agents to plant gossip sex stories about his own marriage, then admitted to it in court, then denied what his own testimony previously admitted. AGAIN --- complete failure to take responsibility for reality.

Couldn't join the heads of state of everywhere that matters including the 92-year-old Queen of England in honoring a war memorial because it was raining. Made up a counterfeit Time Magazine cover with his orange face on it to further fabricate an image. Cajoled investors into bad ideas like casinos and airlines and suing the NFL and Fraud University, and left those investors holding the bag with the exception of Fraud University where he was forced to pony up for the "Mexican" judge (again, blaming somebody else --- a "Mexican" judge from the Mexican state of Indiana) --- only because the Electoral College was about to consider a candidate who had an active Fraud class action suit against him. Couldn't even admit his rental properties were screening out black people after the government proved it.

STILL can't admit he was wrong about the Central Park Five, STILL can't admit he said "Tim Apple" even though it's on videotape, STILL can't admit he mocked the congenital disability of a reporter who refused to lie for him (also on videotape), STILL can't admit the Bronx is not in Germany (ditto), STILL can't admit that the continental army did not take over the airports (you get the idea), STILL can't admit Kansas City Missouri is not in Kansas, STILL can't admit "thousands and thousands of people" were not dancing on rooftops, STILL can't admit the word " would" does not mean the word "wouldn't", STILL can't admit to the fake magazine cover, STILL can't admit he has no evidence for "three million illegals",, even tried to float the idea that it wasn't his voice on the Access Hollywood tape, even though it too was --- all together now --- on videotape. Fer fuxsake he can't even muster the cojones to attend the White House Correspondents Dinner or a debate where mean Megyn Kelly might ask tough questions.

-------------- EVERYTHING in this biography is about evasion of responsibility, making excuses, and making shit up, completely for the sole benefit of Numero Uno, and to hell with anyone who gets in the way, whether it be combat veterans, women, Muslims, Mexicans, reporters, wives, entire religions, entire countries, the fucking BRONX, videotape, NOAA, the CDC, the FBI, his own handpicked Attorney General, his own handpicked lawyers, his own handpickeed words (which become unwords that were never spoken because waaah we don't want to own them), or just basic REALITY.

What a great plan, let's take a sponge who has never lifted a finger to take an iota of responsibility for anything in his life, and plunk him into the most responsible job in the world. Pure genius.

Now, speaking of never having a job, Have you looked at Bernie's history?

I think I know it pretty well yeah. He was my Congressman decades ago. Before that he had several terms as the Mayor of Burlington. Both of those involve responsibilities, as does Senating. At last count he's got the highest approval rating of anyone in the Senate (how's Rump's approval doing?) and he's won every re-election campaign he ever had, without a political party. One year, the state Democrats and Republicans got together and ran a joint candidate to try to unseat him. Didn't work, he still won.

And?

Last edited:
"If Biden were smart, he'd take a conservative black man as his VP. The pussy-hat ladies, the "woke," the transgender activists & MSNBC hosts will be disgruntled, but they're not voting for Trump and they're not NOT voting."

OK for the last time.

What was the COGS...………...……...…….. -$50
What was the revenue...…………………. ...+$200
What was the write off for bad debt.... -$200

Net loss...……………………$50

If you declare a $200 net loss on your tax return, you're getting a visit from the IRS.

Very true

No others need apply.

The orange crap is juvenile
So is the massive comb over and odd hair coloring
So is his insistence that his wives get boob jobs and massive amounts of plastic surgery

Points to a superficial person

Doesn't get much more superficial than this ---

ttrump5_copy_web.jpg

Member when Rump hired a shill to bid on a painting just so he could send this tweet?

trump60k.jpg

Again, see post 756, add it to the never-ending list.

Basically another manifestation of
source.gif

At an Independence Day celebration in Washington, the president began speaking about the bravery of Revolutionary War troops and then seems to have shifted to the War of 1812, with some erroneous additions.

In June of 1775, the Continental Congress created a unified army out of the revolutionary forces encamped around Boston and New York, and named after the great George Washington, Commander-in-Chief.

The Continental Army suffered the bitter winter of Valley Forge, found glory across the waters of the Delaware, and seized victory from Cornwallis of Yorktown.

Our Army manned the air (inaudible), it rammed the ramparts. It took over the airports. It did everything it had to do. And at Fort McHenry, under the rockets’ red glare, it had nothing but victory. And when dawn came, their Star Spangled Banner waved defiant. (A
pplause.)

I suspect that "manned the air' meant fired rockets and cannons. "airports" was probably a misspeak for ramparts.

Nice try, but nothing even close to senile old joe and his declining brain.

You are completely irony deficient.

Ok, so he sometimes misspeaks, who doesn't? Biden is senile and cannot even remember where he is or which woman is his wife. Its very sad that his doctor wife allows him to continue to make a fool of himself., she has to know that his brain is suffering from age related issues.

You really should see someone about that lack of irony...

Donald Trump mistakes Ivanka from Brighton for his daughter

so a tweet popped up from someone named Ivanka and he thought it might be his daughter. WOW, who would ever do something like that?

Anyone...just like anyone can have the people he thought were behind him switch places behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back