Biden To Back 3-Month Gas Tax 'Holiday' Despite Threat Of Driving Inflation Higher

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
Another Band-Aid that will make the 'wound' worse...

1655929595338.png

Republicans use to love deficit exploding tax cuts. But now that they have been voted out for printing money & exploding deficits, tax cuts for the people are awful.

Is it because Biden has a surplus & the tax cuts are not for wallstreet?

More political theater. If Biden wanted Congress to do something, he could call, send a not or have one of his staff tell them about it.

But, he required prime afternoon viewing to tell the public, make himself look good, attempting to improve his favorability numbers.

Aside from which, he told us several lies - mostly repeats. I'm now pretty certain Putin is the reason my dog hosted a tick for a few days... .

Republicans use to love deficit exploding tax cuts. But now that they have been voted out for printing money & exploding deficits, tax cuts for the people are awful.

Is it because Biden has a surplus & the tax cuts are not for wallstreet?
Progs need to make the Trump tax cuts for the lower classes permanent. Then double the standard deductions while also doubling the level where the taxes start being taken out on our tax forms than what it is now. You typed that about the rich. Progs don't do what I typed. They do give breaks to groups of all kinds within the classes I typed about. An example is student loans. Keeps us fighting.

So tax cuts work. It’s good to see democrats finally grasping that concept. If cutting gas taxes helps people buy gas just imagine what corporate and income tax cuts could do for everything else.

I imagine it is a con. But that’s ok. Any decrease in the confiscatory nature of governmental taxation is a good thing.

It's not okay because it's another dog and pony show. Pretend you're doing something about the problem when you're really doing nothing.

This 18 cents a gallon of whatever it is won't do Americans a hell of a lot of good when it's over $5.00 a gallon now. What needs to be done is up our oil output and allow as many drilling leases as possible. But since the enviro-kooks control the party, they will never do anything to actually fix the problem. At 18 cents a gallon, you will save a whopping $4.50 if you fill up with 25 gallons. That's not even enough to buy a Big Mac these days.

More political theater. If Biden wanted Congress to do something, he could call, send a not or have one of his staff tell them about it.

But, he required prime afternoon viewing to tell the public, make himself look good, attempting to improve his favorability numbers.

Aside from which, he told us several lies - mostly repeats. I'm now pretty certain Putin is the reason my dog hosted a tick for a few days... .
I think the tick is a Russian spy!

:oops:

sent by Trump of course

It's not okay because it's another dog and pony show. Pretend you're doing something about the problem when you're really doing nothing.

This 18 cents a gallon of whatever it is won't do Americans a hell of a lot of good when it's over $5.00 a gallon now. What needs to be done is up our oil output and allow as many drilling leases as possible. But since the enviro-kooks control the party, they will never do anything to actually fix the problem. At 18 cents a gallon, you will save a whopping $4.50 if you fill up with 25 gallons. That's not even enough to buy a Big Mac these days.
As I say, I assume it’s a con. But say it’s a quarter per gallon. It won’t significantly impact the all too high price at the pump. That’s true. But it is a step in that direction.

I’d love to see Brandon compelled to confront reality and forces to stop blocking the pipeline.

18 cents is about double what the actual producer of the gas makes. The democrats won’t stop bitching about oil profits though.

When the taxes on your gas are averaging $1.81 per gallon and the government is making the oil company the Gillian for making 10 cents. That should tell you something.

18 cents is about double what the actual producer of the gas makes. The democrats won’t stop bitching about oil profits though.

When the taxes on your gas are averaging $1.81 per gallon and the government is making the oil company the Gillian for making 10 cents. That should tell you something.
BS, the refineries take all the profits. Government doesn't make a penny, they spend it all subsidizing oil & gas infrastructure.

As I say, I assume it’s a con. But say it’s a quarter per gallon. It won’t significantly impact the all too high price at the pump. That’s true. But it is a step in that direction.

I’d love to see Brandon compelled to confront reality and forces to stop blocking the pipeline.

I disagree. Suspending the gas tax is like pissing on a house fire. All it's going to do is take away from road repairs if they do suspend it. It's not going to help anybody. Getting gasoline back down to $3.00 a gallon will stop and even reduce inflation because the trucking companies (that use diesel) will be able to lower their prices as well while saving some families hundreds of dollars a month. And even that may not be enough.

BS, the refineries take all the profits. Government doesn't make a penny, they spend it all subsidizing oil & gas infrastructure.
You’re a fucking moron. You actually think the government isn’t making money on gas sales? You stupid bitch that’s why they want higher gas taxes for roads. Which never get fixed.

The refinery’s aren’t making $1.81 a gallon you fucking retard.

You’re a fucking moron. You actually think the government isn’t making money on gas sales? You stupid bitch that’s why they want higher gas taxes for roads. Which never get fixed.

The refinery’s aren’t making $1.81 a gallon you fucking retard.

Fuel is part of the market, not refineries. Refineries charge the same whether gasoline is $2.25 a gallon or $10.00 a gallon.

Forum List

Back