Biden: ‘There’s Nothing We Can Do To Change The Trajectory Of The Pandemic In The Next Several Months’

Lesh

Gold Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2016
Messages
23,128
Reaction score
6,305
Points
290
I just searched and I can't find anything about new York suddenly being opened up.
I live in NY. We are pretty damn open now. Indoor dining, Gyms. There are restrictions and Cuomo says he wants to ease those.
He wants this because the coffers are empty. The state is hurting big time financially and Cuomo is buckling.

Had Congress passed the Covid Relief act this would not be happening and a quick look at the numbers says it should not be.
I was specifically looking for evidence governor cuomo did it in the last three days. Is that the case?
He hasn't "done it" yet. He mentioned he might around Jan 3
 

Dragonlady

Designing Woman
Joined
Dec 1, 2012
Messages
28,686
Reaction score
10,806
Points
910
Location
Niagara Escarpment
Nobody who isn't a complete tool is shocked by this revelation. The man's focal point of his campaign was a lie.


Biden’s remarks during the press conference quickly caused a stir online with people expressing frustration and anger over what he said.

Former Congressman Justin Amash wrote: “Haven’t we been told for months that restrictions and mandates were necessary to change the trajectory of the pandemic in the next several months?”

CNN commentator Scott Jennings wrote: “His entire campaign was that he had the plan to end the pandemic.”

You've got 9.8 million sick people. There is nothing Joe can do to changer what will happen to those people. More than 250,000 of the people who now sick, will die. At this point, the only thing Joe can do is clean up the mess and get the vaccines into arms. The only way to reduce the rate of disease and death, is to reduce the rate of infection, and that takes time too.

Masks and washing your hands work.



Dr. Faucci warned you people last spring that it was important for you to get a handle on the virus and quickly. He said that in a worst case scenario, if infection became so pervasive and widespread during the second wave in the fall and the it turned into a full blown epidemic, it may not be possible to get control of the situation until the vaccine is in wide distribution.

Well, Trump fucked it up that badly. There was no flattening of the curve. You've got nearly 10 million active cases. Today. Every day, more people are getting sick than are getting better. Hospitals are overwhelmed and necessary medical supplies are in short supply. So no. The opportunity to flatten the curve and slow infections has passed.

9.8 million sick in the USA, versus 68,000 in Canada. Even allowing for population differences, our 68,000 sick people is equal to 680,000 in the USA. Your numbers are still going up. You're likely to hit 10 million this week, while our active cases peaked at 83,000 on January 3rd and have steadily and consistently dropped every single day since. We should be well below 60,000 by this time next week.
 

Crepitus

Diamond Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2018
Messages
44,443
Reaction score
10,748
Points
2,040
I just searched and I can't find anything about new York suddenly being opened up.
I live in NY. We are pretty damn open now. Indoor dining, Gyms. There are restrictions and Cuomo says he wants to ease those.
He wants this because the coffers are empty. The state is hurting big time financially and Cuomo is buckling.

Had Congress passed the Covid Relief act this would not be happening and a quick look at the numbers says it should not be.
I was specifically looking for evidence governor cuomo did it in the last three days. Is that the case?
He hasn't "done it" yet. He mentioned he might around Jan 3
So it hasn't happened, unlike whats-his-face claimed.

That's all I wanted to know.
 

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2011
Messages
136,313
Reaction score
27,837
Points
2,180
Nobody who isn't a complete tool is shocked by this revelation. The man's focal point of his campaign was a lie.


Biden’s remarks during the press conference quickly caused a stir online with people expressing frustration and anger over what he said.

Former Congressman Justin Amash wrote: “Haven’t we been told for months that restrictions and mandates were necessary to change the trajectory of the pandemic in the next several months?”

CNN commentator Scott Jennings wrote: “His entire campaign was that he had the plan to end the pandemic.”

How is it a lie?
Biden claimed over and over again that doubling down on the mask mandate would control the epidemic.
 

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2011
Messages
136,313
Reaction score
27,837
Points
2,180
Nobody who isn't a complete tool is shocked by this revelation. The man's focal point of his campaign was a lie.


Biden’s remarks during the press conference quickly caused a stir online with people expressing frustration and anger over what he said.

Former Congressman Justin Amash wrote: “Haven’t we been told for months that restrictions and mandates were necessary to change the trajectory of the pandemic in the next several months?”

CNN commentator Scott Jennings wrote: “His entire campaign was that he had the plan to end the pandemic.”

You're kidding, right? Did you really think he was gonna wave a magic wand or something and make it disappear? The trajectory was set by the previous administration. It will take a while to change it.
Well, to be fair, that IS what many of the Trumpsters have been saying...that COVID would go away when Biden became President (because it was all a big hoax in the first place.)
We said that Biden would claim it was going away, not that it would actually go away. Now Biden admitted that all his "solutions" won't do a damn thing.
 

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2015
Messages
63,850
Reaction score
10,278
Points
2,070
Making sausage isn't pretty.

what the Democrats are demanding in 2,500 dollars in stimulus payments to combat covid are a really big piece of sausage

the presidency is a hard job, in case y'all didn't know!
 

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2011
Messages
136,313
Reaction score
27,837
Points
2,180

Crepitus

Diamond Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2018
Messages
44,443
Reaction score
10,748
Points
2,040

Death Angel

Diamond Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2016
Messages
34,910
Reaction score
18,009
Points
1,915
It's hilarious watching this do nothing senator having to backtrack every promise once he figured out hes in over his head
 

BluesLegend

Diamond Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2014
Messages
51,462
Reaction score
18,508
Points
2,630
Location
Trump's Army
LOL Biden yaps about 1,000 deaths a day and there's been 2,500 a day under his watch. Why hasn't he resigned??
Give me a fucking break! Are you really that stupid? He has been president for 3 days! Who the hell could put the breaks on this in three days. His comprehensive plan to fight Covid has been posted read it! Now, please explain in detail, what you would do that he is not already doing to quell the virus.
Biden mass murderer over 8,000 dead on his watch, on track for 1 million dead in his first year.
 

Whodatsaywhodat.

Diamond Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2020
Messages
1,455
Reaction score
1,319
Points
1,908
“There’s nothing we can do to change the trajectory of the pandemic in the next several months”

So after months of being told President Trump isn’t handling this correctly Biden comes out and says there’s nothing we can do. How did this man con 80 million (if you believe that) people to vote for him???

The good news is thanks to President Trump I received my first vaccination this week. Thank God Trump was in office during the breakout.

It seems you are weak minded. You can't handle the truth. The truth is it will take months to turn things around, thanks to Drumph.

According to you, "Thank God Trump was in office during the breakout." Really? Because of his abysmal handling of the pandemic, we have lost over 400,000 souls in America and caused an economic crisis. None of that needed to happen. The fact is that now it will take months to solve the horrific crisis Drumph's mismanagement of the pandemic has inflicted on this country. You need to face reality.
Months to turn the pandemic around? Drinking Xiden's KoolAde already? The vaccines are knocking infections down already. The new strain might cause a spike up, we'll see. The best thing Xiden can do is keep his fingers off the vaccine program. His "goal" of 100m vaccinated in 100 days is about 50m low of the current projection. He's totally clueless.

View attachment 447326
If Biden is clueless it is only because he arrived in office to discover there was no comprehensive federal plan to combat the pandemic and never was. Knew this shit was going to happen. I knew that on inauguration day you people would suddenly start giving a shit about Americans dying.
The Trump admin developed, tested, manufactured, and distributed multiple vaccines in only 8-months, a medical miracle. Look at the graph in post #4 showing infections dropping. You're welcome.
Xiden even put the Trump admin's Dr. Fauci back in-charge of fighting the pandemic.
Pharma developed the vaccines and Trump had little to do with it other than tell the FDA to fast track the approval process. That is something any president would have done. After that there was no plan to distribute the vaccine beyond just letting the states figure it out.
1. The Trump admin funded the expedited development and testing of the vaccines. True that probably would have been done by any admin.
2. The Trump admin also funded the construction of the manufacturing capacity "at risk" so that when the vaccine was approved the doses could be manufactured and distributed immediately. Not sure other admins would have done that.
3. Dr. Fauci refuted the Xiden admin lie that there was no plan to distribute the vaccines.
Trump certianly deserves credit for what he did right but he also deserves condemnation for his willful opposition to any efforts to slow the spread until a vaccine was developed. How many people died because they believed the line that this was little more than the flu or that some drug or another was a magic bullet? The number is not zero.
Because it is little more than the FLU--------a new strain that the human population doesn't have any immunity too so its kill numbers will be higher in the early YEARS You can't stop the spread---and the vaccines themselves kill and oh btw, they are only SHORT TERM at best.
You're a fucking idiot.
"It's just a flu" is a stupid statement made by a stupid person. It's a novel virus that has so far killed 400,000 people
,,ooh, a hit in the head with facts meltdown . Lolol..... boo boo your an idiot...
 

Slade3200

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2016
Messages
38,666
Reaction score
5,969
Points
1,140

Dragonlady

Designing Woman
Joined
Dec 1, 2012
Messages
28,686
Reaction score
10,806
Points
910
Location
Niagara Escarpment
Shouldn't you be asking Joe that question?

“If we fail to act there will be a wave of evictions and foreclosures in the coming months as this pandemic rages on because there’s nothing we can do to change the trajectory of the pandemic in the next several months,” Biden said

Maybe he forgot he had a plan
"A plan" isn't an instant fix. A plan takes time to implement and time to take effect. Unlike Donald Trump, Joe isn't lying to you and telling you it's going to "disappear - like magic", because that hasn't happened at all.

Dr. Faucci had a plan too, but Trump didn't follow it. If he had, 9.8 million people would not be sick.

Canada had a plan and it tooks 3 1/2 months of lockdown for that plan to work, but we stuck with it. And when infections flooded our nation in a second wave, we locked down again. It's been 30 days since we locked down, and daily infections are half what they were a month ago. Active cases are down 20%. Lockdown has been extended because its working. Masks are mandated anytime you're in contact with others.
 

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2012
Messages
70,930
Reaction score
17,542
Points
2,180
Nobody who isn't a complete tool is shocked by this revelation. The man's focal point of his campaign was a lie.


Biden’s remarks during the press conference quickly caused a stir online with people expressing frustration and anger over what he said.

Former Congressman Justin Amash wrote: “Haven’t we been told for months that restrictions and mandates were necessary to change the trajectory of the pandemic in the next several months?”

CNN commentator Scott Jennings wrote: “His entire campaign was that he had the plan to end the pandemic.”

That's not true. Covid-19 was a focal point. And Bidens been office how many days and and you are already complaining like a little bitch that he's not handling the pandemic better than DJT?

You are suffering from Twitter Trump Withdrawal.
He said he had a plan and now he doesn't.
And you binary thinking is hilarious. Like dtmb liked Trump:lol:
 

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List

Top