Biden proposes banning vast majority of all guns.

Actually, it would stand a real good chance of passing.

And if it doesn't, Sleepy Joe might just sign an executive order, and there aren't enough Republican votes to override it.
Executive orders can be rescinded by the next president.

The hell you say? America is the most armed society in the world, you want to call it a "polite" society? Hell, not even the South can make that claim. But I have a theory that I have alluded to in previous posts.

First, while there are more guns in America today than at any time in our history, the percentage of actual gun owners is at its lowest except perhaps at the very beginning, when guns were quite expensive relative to earnings.

Second, like I said before, no one actually hunts anymore. Sure, there are a few people that do, but not near as many as it used to be. And sorry, sitting in a tree stand waiting to ambush a deer is NOT hunting. Not even close. For certain, few people have hunting dogs, and in my eyes, that is a requirement. Nothing in this world, including the finest universities, teach leadership like the experience of running a team of dogs, rather it is for bird, for rabbit, or for raccoons. Hell, there is actually an ancient book about just that, and a word for it, "Cynegeticus", and lookey there, flippin spellcheck flags the word, LOL.

What we have now is a bunch of gun nuts that know nothing about that gun being a "tool". They own dozens of guns, hoard ammo, and have no clue as to the reasoning behind the second amendment, and I include the SCOTUS among those. The result, they don't RESPECT that gun. And from where I was raised, when you don't RESPECT that gun, someone gets hurt. Well hello howdy, that is exactly what is happening today. But more importantly, when you don't RESPECT that gun, you lose the right to own one, second amendment be damned.
Well, I guess it's a good thing that your opinion has no sway in the Congress....Want to do away with a right? pass an amendment....Give er a go....

Another moronic lib exposing his ignorance of guns and the reason for the second amendment.

Yea, sure you do. There have been over 600 mass shooting in this country so far this year. And what do we get from you righties to address this issue? Crickets, bullshit, excuses, crying over your AR's etc.

Keep voting for gun lobby & NRA asseaters like Lyin Ted.
Well there's all those "thoughts and prayers"

Yea, sure you do. There have been over 600 mass shooting in this country so far this year. And what do we get from you righties to address this issue? Crickets, bullshit, excuses, crying over your AR's etc.

Keep voting for gun lobby & NRA asseaters like Lyin Ted.
the problem is drug addicts like hunter getting guns…and a white house that won’t enforce existing laws about lying on applications to get guns

The sonofabitch stole an election, destroyed energy independence, allowed millions of Illegals to flood in, decreased family income and caused massive inflation and then he calls somebody that buys a Ruger 10-22 "sick"? LOL! The idiots that voted for him are the sickos.
Now that you say that, it seems obvious that if you are stealing elections, allowing foreign invasions, and destroying average citizen's buying power - job one better be disarming them.

Yes, they should not ban the private ownership of semi-automatic weapons, they should ban the manufacturing of them, except for military uses. Law enforcement can use single action pistols, bolt action rifles, and double barreled shotguns. I mean all you semi-automatic nuts must be some piss poor shots. You can't participate in cowboy shooting competitions, and while I might concede the advantage of having a semi-auto shotgun while dove hunting, no one should be hunting doves to start with.

To be honest, those that yield a semi-auto have adopted the spray and pray strategy, like during the Iraq War. 250,000 rounds fired for every insurgent killed. You guys are an insult to the skill of marksmanship. Daniel Morgan is rolling in his grave.
Let me bring you up to date. :)

So what's the number of mass shootings that you're ok with? "Only 61" obviously isn't it, so what is it, 100, 200, more?

Nope....here is the actual list....

US mass shootings, 1982–2022: Data from Mother Jones’ investigation

Dating back to at least 2005, the FBI and leading criminologists essentially defined a mass shooting as a single attack in a public place in which four or more victims were killed. We adopted that baseline for fatalities when we gathered data in 2012 on three decades worth of cases.
-------

• Here is a description of the criteria we use:
    • The perpetrator took the lives of at least four people. A 2008 FBI report identifies an individual as a mass murderer—versus a spree killer or a serial killer—if he kills four or more people in a single incident (not including himself), typically in a single location. (*In 2013, the US government’s fatality baseline was revised down to three; our database reflects this change beginning from Jan. 2013, as detailed above.)
    • The killings were carried out by a lone shooter. (Except in the case of the Columbine massacre and the Westside Middle School killings, which involved two shooters.)
    • The shootings occurred in a public place. (Except in the case of a party on private property in Crandon, Wisconsin, and another in Seattle, where crowds of strangers had gathered, essentially constituting a public crowd.) Crimes primarily related to gang activity or armed robbery are not included, nor are mass killings that took place in private homes (often stemming from domestic violence).
    • Perpetrators who died or were wounded during the attack are not included in the victim tallies.
    • We included a handful of cases also known as “spree killings“—cases in which the killings occurred in more than one location, but still over a short period of time, that otherwise fit the above criteria.
    ----------------------
Our research focused on indiscriminate rampages in public places resulting in four or more victims killed by the attacker. We exclude shootings stemming from more conventionally motivated crimes such as armed robbery or gang violence. (Or in which the perpetrators have not been identified.) Other news outlets and researchers have since published larger tallies that include a wide range of gun crimes in which four or more people have been either wounded or killed. While those larger datasets of multiple-victim shootings are useful for studying the broader problem of gun violence, our investigation provides an in-depth look at a distinct phenomenon—from the firearms used and mental health factors to the growing copycat problem. Tracking mass shootings is complex; we believe ours is the most useful approach for studying this specific phenomenon.

---------
The actual number of mass shootings from Mother Jones......

Here you go...the number of mass public shootings according to Mother Jones...rabid, anti gun, left wing news source.....not the NRA...

The list below comes from the old definition of 4 killed to make a shooting a mass shooting...if you now go to the link there are more than listed below...but that is because Mother Jones changed the list from the time I first posted it...and changed to obama's new standard of only 3 dead to make a mass shooting...

US Mass Shootings, 1982-2015: Data From Mother Jones' Investigation

2018... 12

2017: 11 ( 5 according to the old standard)

2015....4 ( obama's new standard....7)

2014....2 (4)

2002 not listed so more than likely 0

1985... not listed so probably 0

1983...not listed so probably 0

I really appreciate those of you here who are willing to actually try and educate the anti gun loons. Its always fun watching those idiots make a ridiculously false claim and then seeing the actual FACTS posted to prove them wrong.

I just dont have the time or patience. Im glad some do!

I just want them to put their ignorance into action and knock on my door trying to take them. Bring it bitches.

the problem is drug addicts like hunter getting guns…and a white house that won’t enforce existing laws about lying on applications to get guns
Exactly what laws can the WH enforce??

I really appreciate those of you here who are willing to actually try and educate the anti gun loons. Its always fun watching those idiots make a ridiculously false claim and then seeing the actual FACTS posted to prove them wrong.

I just dont have the time or patience. Im glad some do!

I just want them to put their ignorance into action and knock on my door trying to take them. Bring it bitches.
A. They’re not going to do that.

B. If they wanted to they just would. Try to stop something like that and you’re dead

And a federal judge would immediately block that EO before the ink was dry.
While I would like to think that be the case, I am not so sure today...Seems there are lots of Judges out there today that see themselves as social engineers rather than adjudicators of law, and the constitution...They use their own political beliefs, and or cowardice to render decisions, and that is not a very stable place to be as America is under attack from all sides.

Nope....here is the actual list....

US mass shootings, 1982–2022: Data from Mother Jones’ investigation

Dating back to at least 2005, the FBI and leading criminologists essentially defined a mass shooting as a single attack in a public place in which four or more victims were killed. We adopted that baseline for fatalities when we gathered data in 2012 on three decades worth of cases.
-------

• Here is a description of the criteria we use:
    • The perpetrator took the lives of at least four people. A 2008 FBI report identifies an individual as a mass murderer—versus a spree killer or a serial killer—if he kills four or more people in a single incident (not including himself), typically in a single location. (*In 2013, the US government’s fatality baseline was revised down to three; our database reflects this change beginning from Jan. 2013, as detailed above.)
    • The killings were carried out by a lone shooter. (Except in the case of the Columbine massacre and the Westside Middle School killings, which involved two shooters.)
    • The shootings occurred in a public place. (Except in the case of a party on private property in Crandon, Wisconsin, and another in Seattle, where crowds of strangers had gathered, essentially constituting a public crowd.) Crimes primarily related to gang activity or armed robbery are not included, nor are mass killings that took place in private homes (often stemming from domestic violence).
    • Perpetrators who died or were wounded during the attack are not included in the victim tallies.
    • We included a handful of cases also known as “spree killings“—cases in which the killings occurred in more than one location, but still over a short period of time, that otherwise fit the above criteria.
    ----------------------
Our research focused on indiscriminate rampages in public places resulting in four or more victims killed by the attacker. We exclude shootings stemming from more conventionally motivated crimes such as armed robbery or gang violence. (Or in which the perpetrators have not been identified.) Other news outlets and researchers have since published larger tallies that include a wide range of gun crimes in which four or more people have been either wounded or killed. While those larger datasets of multiple-victim shootings are useful for studying the broader problem of gun violence, our investigation provides an in-depth look at a distinct phenomenon—from the firearms used and mental health factors to the growing copycat problem. Tracking mass shootings is complex; we believe ours is the most useful approach for studying this specific phenomenon.

---------
The actual number of mass shootings from Mother Jones......

Here you go...the number of mass public shootings according to Mother Jones...rabid, anti gun, left wing news source.....not the NRA...

The list below comes from the old definition of 4 killed to make a shooting a mass shooting...if you now go to the link there are more than listed below...but that is because Mother Jones changed the list from the time I first posted it...and changed to obama's new standard of only 3 dead to make a mass shooting...

US Mass Shootings, 1982-2015: Data From Mother Jones' Investigation

2018... 12

2017: 11 ( 5 according to the old standard)

2015....4 ( obama's new standard....7)

2014....2 (4)

2002 not listed so more than likely 0

1985... not listed so probably 0

1983...not listed so probably 0

So things are getting worse over time according to your data. So how many is too many? Does that threshold even exist?

So let's deal with all those weapons getting into the black market

Oh and note that a significant number mass murderers bought their weapon of choice the DAY they killed...or within a few days...many with previous records that SHOULD have prevented them for doing so
So gun laws don't work.

Forum List

Back