Biden picks Neera Tanden to head the Office of Management & Budget, she is a prominent critic of Bernie & supports cutting Social Security & Medicare

Graham: if you wanna stop this nutjob Tanden, make sure the GOP wins in Georgia!

860x394.jpeg

politico reports:

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), who is in line to run the Budget Committee that would oversee Tanden’s confirmation, said of Tanden: “She had a lot to say. It will be a long hearing. Uphill.”

One notable attack was directed at Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) in 2018 for voting to confirm Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh; she called Collins, a key swing vote, “a fake defender of Roe v. Wade” in a statement and accused her of “flat out deception” in describing Kavanaugh’s position on birth control.

Collins said all she knows of Tanden is she’s heard “she’s a very prolific user of Twitter.”

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) said he doesn’t know Tanden but will examine her record and “give it a very thorough evaluation before I make a decision.” Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) said she doesn’t “know anything about this woman other than apparently she’s generated a lot of controversy.”

Tanden’s nomination even had some Democrats scratching their heads, wondering how she’ll make it through the upper chamber unscathed.

“When I found out last night that she was going to be the pick, my first response was, ‘can she get confirmed?’” said one House Democratic lawmaker who supports Tanden’s nomination and asked to remain on background to candidly discuss the pick. “How the hell are they going to confirm her?”

“Honestly, the hypocrisy is astounding,” Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said on the Senate floor. “If Republicans are concerned about criticism on Twitter, their complaints are better directed at President Trump, who has made a hobby out of denigrating Republicans on Twitter.”

Janet Yellen is a rock star. the names i've seen so far that Biden has picked, they're experienced, they're low-key people who just want to get the job done, my friends

Forum List

Back