Biden overrules Pentagon, nominates first woman to head Navy

How, tell us the process.
People make them, they make them based on their beliefs and opinions, they don’t make a 50 percent recommendation. Geez man, did you even read the article before coming to defend your master Joe’s betrayal to the military?

It clearly states who’s recommendation he ignored

People make them, they make them based on their beliefs and opinions, they don’t make a 50 percent recommendation. Geez man, did you even read the article before coming to defend your master Joe’s betrayal to the military?

It clearly states who’s recommendation he ignored
Biden’s decision goes against the recommendation of his Pentagon chief. But Franchetti, the current vice chief of operations for the Navy, has broad command and executive experienceand was considered by insiders to be the top choice for the job.

A senior administration official said Biden chose Franchetti based on the broad scope of her experience at sea and ashore, including a number of high-level policy and administrative jobs that give her deep knowledge in budgeting and running the department.

A surface warfare officer, she has commanded at all levels, heading U.S. 6th Fleet and U.S. Naval Forces Korea. She was the second woman ever to be promoted to four-star admiral, and she did multiple deployments, including as commander of a naval destroyer and two stints as aircraft carrier strike group commander.

See when you are the CIC you can overrule the recommendation of the Pentagon Chief, do you think this is the first time this has happened?

Her record is impeccable and she is more than qualified for the position.

Biden’s decision goes against the recommendation of his Pentagon chief. But Franchetti, the current vice chief of operations for the Navy, has broad command and executive experienceand was considered by insiders to be the top choice for the job.

A senior administration official said Biden chose Franchetti based on the broad scope of her experience at sea and ashore, including a number of high-level policy and administrative jobs that give her deep knowledge in budgeting and running the department.

A surface warfare officer, she has commanded at all levels, heading U.S. 6th Fleet and U.S. Naval Forces Korea. She was the second woman ever to be promoted to four-star admiral, and she did multiple deployments, including as commander of a naval destroyer and two stints as aircraft carrier strike group commander.

See when you are the CIC you can overrule the recommendation of the Pentagon Chief, do you think this is the first time this has happened?

Her record is impeccable and she is more than qualified for the position.
Not sure your point? The fact insiders thought xiden would pick her doesn’t change the fact the military recommended not to, and he ignored them. I don’t have to be an insider to know that xiden would ignore the military as well.

Not sure your point? The fact insiders thought xiden would pick her doesn’t change the fact the military recommended not to, and he ignored them. I don’t have to be an insider to know that xiden would ignore the military as well.
The Pentagon Chief didn't pick her, where did he say she wasn't qualified?

How do you know that? Isn't he the CIC?

The news last month that the defense chief had recommended Papara stunned many in the Pentagon because it was long believed that Franchetti was in line for the top Navy job.

Looks like the JC is happy with the pick as well, so I don't know let me change that, you don't know what you are talking about as usual.

In a statement Friday, Austin praised the nomination, saying, “I’m very proud that Admiral Franchetti has been nominated to be the first woman Chief of Naval Operations and member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, where she will continue to inspire all of us.”

The Pentagon Chief didn't pick her, where did he say she wasn't qualified?

How do you know that? Isn't he the CIC?

The news last month that the defense chief had recommended Papara stunned many in the Pentagon because it was long believed that Franchetti was in line for the top Navy job.

Looks like the JC is happy with the pick as well, so I don't know let me change that, you don't know what you are talking about as usual.

In a statement Friday, Austin praised the nomination, saying, “I’m very proud that Admiral Franchetti has been nominated to be the first woman Chief of Naval Operations and member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, where she will continue to inspire all of us.”
when the military recommended someone else they said they she wasn’t qualified.

Forum List

Back