Biden is turning this country into a bunch of cowards. One little crack and they shutdown a major bridge

JuvenalsCat

Gold Member
May 28, 2020
One little crack in a major interstate bridge and they shut it down for who knows how many weeks to ensure it's "safe". How much commerce is being affected by this? If President Trump was n't illegally overthrown by Biden last November, you can be certain that bridge would not be closed right now. President Trump wouldn't tolerate weakness and cowardice like this. He would have forced the bridge open, because President Trump understands that being weak only benefits our enemies in China and Canada. We need to have a protest on that bridge. Millions of Real Americans who are tired of the communists trying to destroy our country need to show up there and pack that bridge without bodies to show them that we will not tolerate their attempts to destroy our economy. I am certain we could fit a at least 50,000 Real Americans on the bridge to show our support for Re-Making America Great Again

1620955464192.png

One little crack in a major interstate bridge and they shut it down for who knows how many weeks to ensure it's "safe". How much commerce is being affected by this? If President Trump was n't illegally overthrown by Biden last November, you can be certain that bridge would not be closed right now. President Trump wouldn't tolerate weakness and cowardice like this. He would have forced the bridge open, because President Trump understands that being weak only benefits our enemies in China and Canada. We need to have a protest on that bridge. Millions of Real Americans who are tired of the communists trying to destroy our country need to show up there and pack that bridge without bodies to show them that we will not tolerate their attempts to destroy our economy. I am certain we could fit a at least 50,000 Real Americans on the bridge to show our support for Re-Making America Great Again

What is your expertise in bridge maintenance? It was a bridge engineer that called for the shutdown. You know more?

Bullsh$t. Interstates circle the city. Use the Memphis Arkansas bridge that you can see short distance down river that is the link for I55 instead of the I40 Bridge. We have seen major bridges in this country catastrophically fail before. We do not need another example for your 15 minute inconvenience. Let the engineers call the shot and make it right, no matter what. Our infrastructure ain't what it used to be. Fix it right.

"One little crack" you say?
View attachment 489218
Nothing that couldn't be fixed by a competent welder with a wire welder couldn't fix in an hour.
That is going to need an inner splint.
Yeah? How long does that take. The repair could be fully accomplished in less than a day.
No. I do not know, but I would bet that that whole juncture (gusset plate) of, at least, 200 bolts will have to be replaced, along with a cut to the beam on the other side. So a new custom-made beam can be inserted (inner splint) to re-attach the existing beam(s). And then all of the seams between the old beam and insert will have to be welded at $120/hr.

Take a day just to figure out the dimensions for the splint that has to bend to the misalignment. A couple of days to make the splint while they are dismantling the junction and cutting the old beam(s). A day to insert it, and then another day to weld it.

Last edited:

Oh but why would you be a little wimp and not pack the bridge with bodies of loyal Trump supporters? Afraid? You should be.

Forum List

Back