Biden is suppose to be so "green", so why use oil from the worse CO2 producing countries?

You can't rake in profit if you sit on a lease. Doesn't work that way.
Sure it certainly is working that way. They are not drilling and spending in order to feed their investors and themselves due to the exorbitant prices. Wouldn't you?

America can’t solve its gas price problem (or its Russia problem) with drilling

Republicans and conservative commentators have had a field day using Russia’s invasion of Ukraine as an opportunity to bemoan US energy policy and champion fossil fuel reserves. They’ve pointed fingers at the Biden administration, environmentalists, and even Swedish teenager Greta Thunberg, alleging that climate priorities are what have kept America from its “energy independence.” If only oil and gas companies were allowed to drill or frack more, we’d have a quick fix to rising energy prices in the US and Europe and to Putin’s influence, they’ve said.

There are many problems with these claims, and the stakes of this conversation are very high: The way western Europe and the US respond to this crisis could determine the course on climate change and energy costs in the long run.

Let’s walk through the myths currently circulating and how to avoid falling for them.

Myth No. 1: Biden killed oil production
Republicans on the Senate Natural Resources Committee recently sent a letter to Biden claiming that he has shut down leasing for oil and gas and is holding back more production. “There has not been one lease sale on federal lands since you imposed a ban in violation of federal law,” the letter said. “No other major oil-producing nation shuts off its own reserves to production.” Sen. Joe Manchin echoed the myth at a recent hearing: “The time for leasing pauses has come & gone.”
America can’t solve its gas price problem (or its Russia problem) with drilling

Sure it certainly is working that way. They are not drilling and spending in order to feed their investors and themselves due to the exorbitant prices. Wouldn't you?

They're not drilling because costs of steel, oil based mud used to drill, casing has all increased significantly in price. In addition to increased prices there is a supply chain issue.

They're not drilling because costs of steel, oil based mud used to drill, casing has all increased significantly in price. In addition to increased prices there is a supply chain issue.
They are drilling. Those are reason why they are not increasing as fast as they would like too.

T
Biden wants oil from these countries:
But Biden has DISCOURAGED USA oil exploration and production by doing this in January 27,2021
  • Biden’s orders direct the secretary of the Interior Department to halt new oil and natural gas leases on public lands and waters, and begin a thorough review of existing permits for fossil fuel development.
  • The series of actions kick off the president’s agenda to reduce the country’s emissions and establish stricter targets under the Paris climate accord.
As a result, oil producers shut down their efforts to find NEW oil on the lands that produce The federal share of total U.S. crude oil production fell from its peak at nearly 36% in 2009 to less than 24% in 2017. Obama's fault now Biden's !

So now this truly ignorant president WANTS oil from the worst CO2 emitters? Venezuela? Iran?
HEY Dummy President!

Remove your blockage of domestic oil exploration and watch the price drop as the USA once again becomes as we did in 2019... ENERGY Independent and I'm not saying it!
In November 2019, the United States became a net exporter of all oil products, including both refined petroleum products and crude oil.[5] By 2021 the US was the world's largest producer.
View attachment 616108
The US is half as bad as Venezuela. The Saudis come in best at 4%>

T
The US is half as bad as Venezuela. The Saudis come in best at 4%>
So what? The point is why go to those countries that are WORSE than the USA, i.e. Venezuela, Iran, Iraq as Biden has done to make matters worse!
I thought people like you were green conscious of CO2 emissions and getting oil from the top 3 worse polluters makes no sense with you and Biden's position regarding banning USA Federal lands exploration! But that's the way it is with people like you ....you make no sense!

We have enough to supply the world, but pedo joe doesn't want anything to benefit the United States.
All of a sudden you tumphumpers want government controls? You bitch, moan, whine, and complain
ad nausea about our "autocracy" under the Democrats, and yet you want government control of the oil industry in America. Can't have it all ways, chum. Whether oil is sold here or abroad, you will pay the market price for gas, because profit is the name of the game in a free market society. Getting off the oil standard is the way to go so that we do not pay the high prices. Right now, our government is working toward that objective while also pumping oil due to necessity. In other words, they are walking and chewing gum at the same time.

Maybe some supply chain issues

5 Reasons Why the United States Can't Drill Its Way to Energy ...​

https://www.americanprogress.org › article › 5-reasons-...

Mar 10, 2022 — The reason that U.S. oil companies haven't increased production is simple: They decided ... This delay is not due to drilling permit review, ...

All of a sudden you tumphumpers want government controls? You bitch, moan, whine, and complain
ad nausea about our "autocracy" under the Democrats, and yet you want government control of the oil industry in America. Can't have it all ways, chum. Whether oil is sold here or abroad, you will pay the market price for gas, because profit is the name of the game in a free market society. Getting off the oil standard is the way to go so that we do not pay the high prices. Right now, our government is working toward that objective while also pumping oil due to necessity. In other words, they are walking and chewing gum at the same time.
JUST THE OPPOSITE! YOU are so missing the point!
Biden banned exploration on land that produces 24% of our oil and gas.
FACTS I deal with them you don't!
Biden banned in just 7 days from taking office, the exploration on land that produces 24% of our nation's oil/gas !
Production fell from its peak at nearly 36% in 2009 to less than 24% in 2017.
Obama's fault now Biden's !
Your subjective, personal biased opinion is just that! I deal with the FACTS why can't you?

JUST THE OPPOSITE! YOU are so missing the point!
Biden banned exploration on land that produces 24% of our oil and gas.
FACTS I deal with them you don't!
Biden banned in just 7 days from taking office, the exploration on land that produces 24% of our nation's oil/gas !
Production fell from its peak at nearly 36% in 2009 to less than 24% in 2017.
Obama's fault now Biden's !
Your subjective, personal biased opinion is just that! I deal with the FACTS why can't you?
My objective opinion is based on my reading. What Biden did when gas was priced accordingly and what he is doing since the threat of attack from Russia, are 2 different things. Wake up.
My point should be obvious about you tumphumpers.

Lol, you have no idea what you are talking about. If biden announced he was going back with Trump's energy policies. The price of gas would plummet.

My objective opinion is based on my reading. What Biden did when gas was priced accordingly and what he is doing since the threat of attack from Russia, are 2 different things. Wake up.
My point should be obvious about you tumphumpers.
So stopping Russian oil importation as you, Psaki ,et.al. perceive caused gas prices to skyrocket.

How much oil did the USA import from Russia?
FACT: Russian oil makes up 8 percent of U.S. oil imports
So your perception is 8% has caused gas prices to rise BUT banning oil from Federal lands doesn't?
Is that right?

So stopping Russian oil importation as you, Psaki ,et.al. perceive caused gas prices to skyrocket.

How much oil did the USA import from Russia?
FACT: Russian oil makes up 8 percent of U.S. oil imports
So your perception is 8% has caused gas prices to rise BUT banning oil from Federal lands doesn't?
Is that right?
The stoppage of Russian oil to the free world (not just to the U.S) helped to increase the price of oil, yes? Arabians didn't respond by increasing supplies. Our oil companies sell oil at market value all over the world, so our oil prices will rise regardless. I do not know what Jen Psaki's position is, but she knows stuff that you and I do not know. We can discount just about anything that trump and his "news" stations report, because their ideas are in vogue with you and your ilk only to make the President look bad and not to address the real causes.

Forum List

Back