Biden goes begging to OPEC even though the USA has a 300 year supply! Why?

There are different types of crude surada... some more heavy than others... Europe can refine the heavy stuff we don't... so there will always be oil going from one place where it was drilled for to another where it can be more easily refined into gas or heating oil...
there seems to be a lot that you do not know about oil... I would suggest since you want to get rid of fossil fuels you read up on it first... and stop falling for word and number tricks from the left wing anti oil media they lie and don't tell you the whole story...

Nope several refineries in the Midwest were refitted to handle heavy sour crude from Venezuela, Mexico and Canada. A couple of them can refine tarsands.

I love big oil.. I grew up in Ghawar.

There are different types of crude surada..
Doesn't every oil field have a unique chemistry?
Europe can refine the heavy stuff we don't... so there will always be oil going from one place where it was drilled for to another where it can be more easily refined into gas or heating oil...
The Gulf Coast refined the Venezuelan heavy crude and easily switched to Canadian Slurry, while that Sweet WTC gets shipped to the east coast for refining.
I would suggest since you want to get rid of fossil fuels you read up on it first..
Maybe someday fossil fuels will not be the main energy source for most of mankind, but I don't think it will be any time soon.
There are different types of crude boo... some more heavy than others... Europe can refine the heavy stuff we don't... so there will always be oil going from one place where it was drilled for to another where it can be more easily refined into gas or heating oil...
Your point is pointless...

Energy independent used to be such a big thing though didn't it? Just a few years ago....now, pointless.

c'est la vie

Nope several refineries in the Midwest were refitted to handle heavy sour crude from Venezuela, Mexico and Canada. A couple of them can refine tarsands.
We used to have well over 300 refineries in the USA we are down to 131 with 5 down for repairs and 7 refining at less than full steam.... the regulations in CA alone with put another 5 out of business by the end of 2023....
Let's face it surada if what you think was true gas would be $2.59 like it was under Trump...
that alone says you are off track...

Doesn't every oil field have a unique chemistry?

The Gulf Coast refined the Venezuelan heavy crude and easily switched to Canadian Slurry, while that Sweet WTC gets shipped to the east coast for refining.

Maybe someday fossil fuels will not be the main energy source for most of mankind, but I don't think it will be any time soon.
We used to have well over 300 refineries in the USA we are down to 131 with 5 down for repairs and 7 refining at less than full steam...
Stop reading the BS boo....

We used to have well over 300 refineries in the USA we are down to 131 with 5 down for repairs and 7 refining at less than full steam.... the regulations in CA alone with put another 5 out of business by the end of 2023....
Let's face it surada if what you think was true gas would be $2.59 like it was under Trump...
that alone says you are off track...

Cheap gasoline is history. The US has the highest production costs in the world. You want cheap, you put our boys out of business.

We used to have well over 300 refineries in the USA we are down to 131 with 5 down for repairs and 7 refining at less than full steam...
Stop reading the BS boo....
Uh-huh. I have family that have worked in that part of the industry their entire lives. While the numbers have gone down the capacity in the remaining have increased to meet demand and then some, as we are the leader in exporting refined petroleum products. By improving and expanding existing facilities they avoided the new expensive EPA regulations on new refineries.

Cheap gasoline is history. The US has the highest production costs in the world. You want cheap, you put our boys out of business.
No its not... and that will be proven to you in 2024... the reason refining costs are up are the ridiculous unnecessary regulations dems put on them... that's why refineries in CA will be closing this year... they don't want to close but they can't afford to keep them open.... wait till you see the price per gal when that day comes....
Dems have been against these refineries operating for a long time... they are trying to kill the fossil fuel industry even though we don't have a reliable substitute....
I look at young people today and they are clueless on what their future holds for them... its not going to be pretty....

Uh-huh. I have family that have worked in that part of the industry their entire lives. While the numbers have gone down the capacity in the remaining have increased to meet demand and then some, as we are the leader in exporting refined petroleum products. By improving and expanding existing facilities they avoided the new expensive EPA regulations on new refineries.
Well I'm sorry but your family is wrong.... there is no expanding of refining capacity going on today... its the opposite...

The trend started in the 80's. The time when we had the 300+ refineries operating that you mentioned.

yes and its been green weenies working to close them or make it unaffordable to operate... just like Obama did with coal... remember when he said they can open a coal plant but we will make it unaffordable for them.... that's how they work... ruin what they don't like until it goes away... no matter how much harm they do along the way....

yes and its been green weenies working to close them or make it unaffordable to operate... just like Obama did with coal... remember when he said they can open a coal plant but we will make it unaffordable for them.... that's how they work... ruin what they don't like until it goes away... no matter how much harm they do along the way....
In reality it was unleaded. Many of the small refineries folded and the large corporation upgraded and expanded existing capacity to met the growing demands in the 80's and 90's. Dropping the number of refineries while increasing capacity. Lead.

In reality it was unleaded. Many of the small refineries folded and the large corporation upgraded and expanded existing capacity to met the growing demands in the 80's and 90's. Dropping the number of refineries while increasing capacity. Lead.
There is and has been a war on fossil fuels since I was in high school... so don't give me this crap about unleaded...

There is and has been a war on fossil fuels since I was in high school... so don't give me this crap about unleaded...
You're the one who brought up the 300+ refineries. You now appear to reject the reality of why the smaller refineries went out of business and how the bigger ones grew in capacity over the years, and substitute some alt-right version of history. Major conditioning going on here.

You're the one who brought up the 300+ refineries. You now appear to reject the reality of why the smaller refineries went out of business and how the bigger ones grew in capacity over the years, and substitute some alt-right version of history. Major conditioning going on here.
We once had over 300 refineries that's true....

10% for the Big Guy! Biden has backroom deals with his middle eastern partners that have made his family spectacularly wealthy. Got to keep the graft going no matter what, so fuck your $5 gas, the Bidens need to get their cut. 💰💰💰
You have the hots for Joe ?

Forum List

Back