Biden Energy Department Starts Crackdown On Dishwashers

My dishwasher is probably as old as Biden and will outlive him, so not my problem. It is the one appliance I absolutely refuse to switch out. It is the original one to the house and as long as it works, I am keeping it. I'll reface it but I won't replace it. It is a simple machine built of sturdy materials. No need to worry about programming it and won't need to be replaced every few years due to planned obsolescence.

This is training... the left authoritarians want to instill obedience into the population... dishwashers and gas stoves are just the props..... if DC can tell you what kind of stove you can buy they can make you do anything....
They can make you do anything, and useful idiots like okfine will not only applaud like trained seals, they'll bend over and say "oh daddy, ram it up there harder".

These asslowns seriously have no self esteem whatsoever.

They can make you do anything, and useful idiots like okfine will not only applaud like trained seals, they'll bend over and say "oh daddy, ram it up there harder".

These asslowns seriously have no self esteem whatsoever.

Cucks

Air conditioners, refrigerators, washing machines, monitors and tvs all have to meet energy efficiency ratings. I don't recall the last time I owned one of these things that didn't an energy star logo on it. When you're at the store, are you outraged that they don't have old outdated inefficient models? Are you demanding to the speak to the manager 1980s appliances? When are yall going to stop whining over every little thing. You cons have been and will continue to be the biggest snowflakes and karens on the planet.

Air conditioners, refrigerators, washing machines, monitors and tvs all have to meet energy efficiency ratings. I don't recall the last time I owned one of these things that didn't an energy star logo on it. When you're at the store, are you outraged that they don't have old outdated inefficient models? Are you demanding to the speak to the manager 1980s appliances? When are yall going to stop whining over every little thing. You cons have been and will continue to be the biggest snowflakes and karens on the planet.
Another cuck who needs to be told what to buy by his betters.

No wonder the sperm count of the average Murican male is plummeting.

Another cuck who needs to be told what to buy by his betters.

No wonder the sperm count of the average Murican male is plummeting.

What are you using to view this forum? Do you own a pc, monitor, or laptop? If you do they all have an energy star rating on it. I guess you're a cuck now. You might as well trash all your electronics in order to own the libs. My god, you are monumentally stupid.

all of the appliances you've mentioned get validated by our nations NRTL's , which are somewhere in the teens.

and all of them , along with the CPSC have lowered their standards to allow 3rd world sweatshop manufacturers access to US markets

~S~

What are you using to view this forum? Do you own a pc, monitor, or laptop? If you do they all have an energy star rating on it. I guess you're a cuck now. You might as well trash all your electronics in order to own the libs. My god, you are monumentally stupid.
Don't care....I neither asked for nor was given a choice in the matter.

Now go genuflect to your shrine to Big Brother, cuck.

"New dishwashers imported into the United States beginning in 2027 would have to consume 27% less power and use 34% less water, while more compact models would need to implement a 22% power reduction and an 11% water use reduction, according to an analysis of the proposal released by Bloomberg Law. Energy Department officials estimate that consumers would have to spend $15 more for a new dishwasher but would witness three times as much in energy savings over the appliance’s lifetime"

"The new dishwasher standards would save households $168 million each year on utility bills, according to an estimate from the Energy Department. The regulations for electric motors, which convert electrical energy into mechanical energy in manufacturing and process equipment, will save businesses $464 million annually, while the vending machine rules will save $20 million annually"

And that sounds bad to you? OMFG.

If the numbers were real, it would be good, but they ignore the increase in time it takes to do the dishes, and ignores having to re-wash if the results you get aren't to your satisfaction.

Like with the low flush toilets assuming automatically one flush works every time.

Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm announced new efficiency regulations for dishwashers, beverage vending machines, and electric motors on Friday, the latest of several actions from the Biden administration to decrease power usage and combat climate change.

An announcement contended that the restrictions would decrease expenses for American consumers due to lowered energy consumption. Granholm said the administration is “using all of the tools at our disposal to save Americans money while promoting innovations that will reduce carbon pollution and combat the climate crisis.”

Because nothing decreases expenses for consumers like increased regulations.

New dishwashers imported into the United States beginning in 2027 would have to consume 27% less power and use 34% less water, while more compact models would need to implement a 22% power reduction and an 11% water use reduction, according to an analysis of the proposal released by Bloomberg Law. Energy Department officials estimate that consumers would have to spend $15 more for a new dishwasher but would witness three times as much in energy savings over the appliance’s lifetime.

Awesome. A dishwasher cycle took less than an hour before the reduced water regulations in 2012. Now they can take as long as 3 hours with drastically reduced water flow for a normal cycle to get the dishes as clean as the old ones. Now they are reducing it by another 34%? These things will be trickling water on the dishes all day.

One more reason to not retire in this country.

Forum List

Back