Biden climate envoy John Kerry warns world has nine years to prevent catastrophe

JustAGuy1

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2019
The world has until the end of the decade to halt the most catastrophic effects of climate change, the new US climate envoy warned on Monday.

John Kerry, the former US secretary of state, told the Climate Adaptation Summit that the worldā€™s poorest countries face ā€œunliveable conditionsā€ by 2030 in a worst-case scenario.

He acknowledged that America had been absent from the international effort to tackle climate change during Donald Trumpā€™s presidency but said that the country ā€œis proud to be backā€.

ā€œThree years ago, scientists gave us a stark warning. They said we have 12 years to avoid the worst consequences of climate change,ā€ he told the Netherlands-hosted summit, which was held online.

ā€œWe have nine years left, and I regret my country has been absent for three of those years.ā€

Mr Kerry pointed to President Joe Bidenā€™s executive order to rejoin the Paris Agreement on his first day in office as evidence that the US was committed to the fight.

He said the US stood ready to tackle global warming in unprecedented ways and vowed to announce a new climate plan as soon as practicable.

He did not give a timeframe on when new measures would be ready but marked increased climate funding, better co-operation with international bodies and making US climate data more widely available as priorities.

You poor Progs, you'll be dead in 9 years.

The world has until the end of the decade to halt the most catastrophic effects of climate change, the new US climate envoy warned on Monday.

John Kerry, the former US secretary of state, told the Climate Adaptation Summit that the worldā€™s poorest countries face ā€œunliveable conditionsā€ by 2030 in a worst-case scenario.

He acknowledged that America had been absent from the international effort to tackle climate change during Donald Trumpā€™s presidency but said that the country ā€œis proud to be backā€.

ā€œThree years ago, scientists gave us a stark warning. They said we have 12 years to avoid the worst consequences of climate change,ā€ he told the Netherlands-hosted summit, which was held online.

ā€œWe have nine years left, and I regret my country has been absent for three of those years.ā€

Mr Kerry pointed to President Joe Bidenā€™s executive order to rejoin the Paris Agreement on his first day in office as evidence that the US was committed to the fight.

He said the US stood ready to tackle global warming in unprecedented ways and vowed to announce a new climate plan as soon as practicable.

He did not give a timeframe on when new measures would be ready but marked increased climate funding, better co-operation with international bodies and making US climate data more widely available as priorities.

Thank the good lord (not that I'm religious, as I am not) but then we won't have to listen to the whiny idiots any longer.

Does it seem to any of you that the Progressives, elites, and their minions are pushing this? I remember Earth Day in 1970.All the coastal areas were to disappear. The beaches today are for the most part still there. But I will still see the same articles only with the dates changed in the constant barrage we always get. Actors and shills telling us over and over. Warning us that fossil fuels were going to run out by the 1980's and always putting anxiety in people from time to time. This is bullshit or there is something not nice happening in 2030.

Does it seem to any of you that the Progressives, elites, and their minions are pushing this? I remember Earth Day in 1970.All the coastal areas were to disappear. The beaches today are for the most part still there. But I will still see the same articles only with the dates changed in the constant barrage we always get. Actors and shills telling us over and over. Warning us that fossil fuels were going to run out by the 1980's and always putting anxiety in people from time to time. This is bullshit or there is something not nice happening in 2030.
Global warming will create more living space for Man as Antarctic and Greenland becomes ice free.
If it's fucking true of course.

Dear Gawd! These people really think that American's are as stupid as they are...We weren't in the precious Climate deal, and yet we are doing better than the countries that are in it...This is nothing more than a global wealth redistribution scheme...And to those buying into this crap, are the real cultists....

So who has he called in China and India to make them change course before they destroy us all? Does this mean America is going to demand full sanctions of Chinese goods due to the risk they are placing to all of our lives, with only 9 years to fix it?

On Earth Day 1970 global cooling was plunging the planet into a permanent freeze. Hairspray was destroying the atmosphere.

The statists have been predicting that we only had 10-years to save the world. They started that crap in 1990. :oops:

I guess that Kerry figured that if he said 10-years a web search would show all of those hilarious predictions so he went with 9-years instead.

Lurch never gets anything right.

This cold weather in Texas is a warning what more of the country (and the world) will experince with the coming solar minimum. Record lows in many areas. Mini ice age. May last 20-30 years.

So who has he called in China and India to make them change course before they destroy us all? Does this mean America is going to demand full sanctions of Chinese goods due to the risk they are placing to all of our lives, with only 9 years to fix it?
Theyā€™ll only have global warming over there.

Forum List

Back