Biden: Clear 'Mandate' to Raise Taxes

whoohoo, tax tax tax..TAX AWAY

SNIP:

8:41 PM, Nov 7, 2012 • By DANIEL HALPER

Vice President Joe Biden told reporters on Air Force Two today that last night's election represented a clear "mandate" to raise taxes.

"Where specifically do you think Republicans will be willing to compromise on issues of debt/deficit?" a pool reported asked Biden.

"Well look, I think -- You guys have probably looked at the internals of the vote more than I have so far," said Biden. "But from what it appears is that, on the issue of the tax issue, there was a clear, a clear sort of mandate about people coming much closer to our view about how to deal with tax policy. I think we can move, I'd like to see us, I think we can do something on corporate taxes sooner than later. That would be positive, be a little confidence-building. And you know I just think it's going to take time for the Republicans to sort of digest what the consequences for them internally. But i just think there's too much, I've been saying to you all along and I know I may be the only guy - well, I think Clinton shares this view, President Clinton, we talked about it. But I think the fever will break. And you know, Barack's re-elected so this sort of cause to keep a second term from happening's done. He's there for four years. So I think there's going to be - I hope there's going to be some real soul-searching about, on Republican Party, about what they're willing to cooperate on."

all of it here
Biden: Clear 'Mandate' to Raise Taxes | The Weekly Standard

The majority wanting to raise taxes on the "rich" minority.
Big surprise.
It's kind of like 2 wolves and a lamb voting on who gets eaten for dinner.

Raise taxes and cut spending. Now.

No.

Only when they've drastically cut spending can they then raise taxes. On everyone.

If they drastically cut spending they won't need to raise taxes.

Just cutting back to 2000 levels would eliminate any need to raise taxes.

Funny how the people that want tax rates returned to 2000 rates never say a damn thing about spending being returned to 2000 spending levels.
Oh wait, it's not funny, it's greedy and disgusting.

SNIP:

Vice President Joe Biden told reporters on Air Force Two today that last night's election represented a clear "mandate" to raise taxes.

"Where specifically do you think Republicans will be willing to compromise on issues of debt/deficit?" a pool reported asked Biden.

"Well look, I think -- You guys have probably looked at the internals of the vote more than I have so far," said Biden. "But from what it appears is that, on the issue of the tax issue, there was a clear, a clear sort of mandate about people coming much closer to our view about how to deal with tax policy. I think we can move, I'd like to see us, I think we can do something on corporate taxes sooner than later. That would be positive, be a little confidence-building. And you know I just think it's going to take time for the Republicans to sort of digest what the consequences for them internally. But i just think there's too much, I've been saying to you all along and I know I may be the only guy - well, I think Clinton shares this view, President Clinton, we talked about it. But I think the fever will break. And you know, Barack's re-elected so this sort of cause to keep a second term from happening's done. He's there for four years. So I think there's going to be - I hope there's going to be some real soul-searching about, on Republican Party, about what they're willing to cooperate on."

all of it here

Big surprise.

liberty-is-a-well-armed-lamb-2-ben-franklin-logo-366x366.jpg

Whatever money these Democrats get their hands on will be spent as soon as it hits the treasury.
Does anyone think they will do what they say they will with the revenue...

The wealthy are not lambs, they have big teeth.

SNIP:

all of it here

Big surprise.

No.

Only when they've drastically cut spending can they then raise taxes. On everyone.

If they drastically cut spending they won't need to raise taxes.

Just cutting back to 2000 levels would eliminate any need to raise taxes.

Funny how the people that want tax rates returned to 2000 rates never say a damn thing about spending being returned to 2000 spending levels.
Oh wait, it's not funny, it's greedy and disgusting.

I could buy it if we also had the Clinton "pay-go" system which was instituted at that time reinstated. Don't just cut - prevent spending from increasing too.

The wealthy are not lambs, they have big teeth.

SNIP:

all of it here

Big surprise.

Yeah all those couples out there making 250K a year are just monsters.

It's like this, chitlins, since 2010 we've been ruled by a minority that managed to get us downgraded by Standard&Poor's, and that helped create the fiscal cliff, yet did nothing to legitimately cut spending, nor did anything to increase revenue. Well now the majority's gonna rule again.

Get used to it. I can't wait!

I hate the way this word "mandate" is bantered about incorrectly

There is a mandate to raise taxes, lower taxes, spend more spend less, if CONGRESS decides there is.

Mandates are given by people with the authority to grant permissions.

The PEOPLE do not have the authority to grant permission to raise or lower taxes, but Congress does

The PEOPLE gave Obama and Biden a Mandate to be POTUS and VPOTUS for another four years.

Last edited:

SNIP:

all of it here

Big surprise.

Oh goody..

Lamb chops!

There is no minority government, unless it is the GOP in the House.

I believe there will be a great bargain, or BHO will allow the GOP House if it does not compromise to start the 2nd Great Recession.

It's like this, chitlins, since 2010 we've been ruled by a minority that managed to get us downgraded by Standard&Poor's, and that helped create the fiscal cliff, yet did nothing to legitimately cut spending, nor did anything to increase revenue. Well now the majority's gonna rule again.

Get used to it. I can't wait!

We got downgraded because Standard & Poor's was looking for us to address our growing deficit and we failed to do so. That wasn't a Republican problem...that was a Government problem.

The fiscal cliff was not created by Republicans. The so called fiscal cliff was created by out of control entitlements, tax increases due to kick in from ObamaCare and the looming end to the Bush tax cuts. Hard to pin blame for that on the party that called for entitlement reform, that wanted to get rid of ObamaCare and retain tax cuts for everyone until the economy recovers.

Going over a fiscal cliff is what happens when you let political ideology cloud your vision when it comes to economic realities.

I hate the way this word "mandate" is bantered about incorrectly

There is a mandate to raise taxes, lower taxes, spend more spend less, if CONGRESS decides there is.

Mandates are given by people with the authority to grant permissions.

The PEOPLE do not have the authority to grant permission to raise or lower taxes, but Congress does

The PEOPLE gave Obama and Biden a Mandate to be POTUS and VPOTUS for another four years.

The term "mandate" has two meanings. One is that an elected official has been given the right to act for the people, by the people. Obama and Biden do in fact have a mandate in that sense of the word.

The second meaning of the word denotes a large margin of victory bestowing mandate on the victors and with only slightly more than 50% of the popular vote and nearly 8 million fewer votes than in 2008, it's hard to see how the Obama Administration received anything close to what would be viewed as a mandate on it's agenda in this election.

LL does not get it. The dems had 51.5% of the vote cast and 126 more EC votes than the Pubs.

Some major cons now are saying give in to a small tax on the wealthy. Look it up, cause I won't do it for you.

LL does not get it. The dems had 51.5% of the vote cast and 126 more EC votes than the Pubs.

Some major cons now are saying give in to a small tax on the wealthy. Look it up, cause I won't do it for you.

You don't get it. The Pubs and Dems are the same. Obama has continued basically every Bush policy and strengthened some as well.

Half of 1/3 of the country voting for Obama does not reflect the wants and needs of the entire country.

Fuck why do I keep responding to you

Forum List

Back